Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So my wifeís contract with T-mobile ran out recently and we decieded that she could have my MyTouch3G and I would get a new phone. I loved Android but the fragmentation of never getting 2.1 along with the bland look of 1.6 I thought hey here is my opportunity to try webOS. Iíve always thought webOS looked great and the idea behind cards was brilliant. So Yesterday I ordered a Palm Pixi (free? Thatís a steal) I know that it doesnít have WiFi (neither does my house or office) If I can use Twitter, Facebook, Hide ďcertainĒ photos, text, email, IM to my heartís content Iím fine. So my question to everyone since Iím not coming from a droid or iPhone, how do you think I will like the Pixi coming from the MyTouch3G?
    It depends on what you used most on Android. There are some apps that just aren't on WebOs phones yet, but I suspect if what you listed above was all that the MyTouch was used for then at very least it's a step sideways. My opinion is that it will be a step up because of the OS alone.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    One of my biggest problems with the MT3G was I origianlly bought the thing just to have a phone that does what I want. Now i've climbed the bussiness ladder recently and need something a little lest Teenage Girlish. Besides what I mentioned above I also would use it to view documents. I can already tell WebOS does a much better job with calenders and contacts.
    I think you will be fine, the pixi and web os is still young, but have already addressed all the concerned it had when it first launched. You will be able to do all those things mentioned above and more each with its own card open in realtime, and have no issues at all. i think you will like it alot.
    It aboslutely does a better job with calendars and runs circles around Android in the contacts. I use my Pre to manage my contacts and nothing has been better. Viewing docs is nice too, but not being able to edit them is aggravating.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    NVM
    Last edited by mtthwsms; 04/29/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    I think the Pixi keyboard is great.

I was using a MyTouch before I came to Sprint. I now have a Pixi (well, just got "upgraded" to a Pre because insurance sent me the wrong replacement phone).

Like what was said above, it depends. Speed wise, if you are running the stock version of Android on your MT3G the speed of the Pixi will probably be fine. If you are running a custom OS (like cyanogenmod (.) com) you will notice a slowdown. When I first moved to the Pixi I wished that I could've stayed with the MT3G. Even though it was not as fast as a Hero or Cliq, it was faster than the Pixi (and no "too many cards" error existed).

Like I said above the keyboard is great, but it's a little noisy in quiet areas (something I'm in a lot).

But more than anything else, I missed all the good apps that are on Android. I still miss them. Yes, I know, there are some good apps for webos, but just now in the last few weeks am I beginning to to get apps that replaced some of my most used apps on Android. I still really miss Good Nav too.

That being said, the browser is better. In the area of PIM, it depends on what you use. I use Google for mail, cal, contacts, etc, and Android did all of that much better. I can't speak for other systems. Exchange works fine.

If you aren't in a hurry, you might just wait till summer and get the Sprint Evo, Verizon Incredible. I would not be happy getting a Pixi now, and having that be my phone for the next two years.

Edit: also, if you are a big Google maps user, be warned that Google Maps on webos isn't near as good as it is on Android. Takes forever to open (even compared to the older Android phones like MT3G), and feature wise it just isn't there. It's not necessarily Palm's fault, but it is the reality.

To those who will think this: Yes, I wish I was still using Android, and some of you may want me to leave. Fact is that I don't have that money to buy a phone unsubsidized, and I still have over 1.5 yrs of my contract yet, so I am stuck. Webos is GREAT, the app selection, and the "too many cards" error (I know the Pre+ doesn't have this) are not. I would also prefer a VKeyboard too (one that works at least as well at Android's). I'm running the latest Gen of Over Clocking, and that helps, but never the less... I would happily leave if something has a Hero that are dying to trade for my Pre
    Last edited by elessarelfstar; 05/03/2010 at 02:07 PM.