Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Currently i have a droid eris
    and soon in a few days i will have a pixi from sprint once it ever gets here lol.

I've never had a sprint phone so idk much about their coverage

but is this a good phone?

What are any current complaints about this device?

Sadly, it doesnt have wi-fi i know
    but anything else

also can i overclock this(i used to have a palm pre plus)
    its actually a pleasant little device from my experience with it. its definitely slower than the pre, and no, it cant be overclocked (as of right now) since it uses a different type of chip. its for the most part the same experience as the pre, minus the speed, and the 3D games.

Since you already know it has no WiFi, you could be dissapointed if coverage in your home or workplace is poor. Sprint has a decent network, but is notorious for having poor evdo signal inside some buildings.

check your coverage here.
    Sprint - Nationwide Coverage
    Quote Originally Posted by carmeng4evr View Post
    Currently i have a droid eris
    and soon in a few days i will have a pixi from sprint once it ever gets here lol.

I've never had a sprint phone so idk much about their coverage

but is this a good phone?

What are any current complaints about this device?

Sadly, it doesnt have wi-fi i know
    but anything else

also can i overclock this(i used to have a palm pre plus)
    Hi, welcome to precentral. I believe I seen you on androidforums.

Ok, so I wouldn't recommend getting a pixi. The pixi is slower than the pre. At first it may not seem bad but after a while it gets really slow. Making you have to restart your phone alot. If you use music on your phone. Don't even think about doing that much multitasking while doing so. It stutters when doing so. The pixi doesn't have wifi so If your home doesn't have a good signal than your going to be out of luck trying to surf the internet. The Pixi screen resolution is also a problem. Many apps don't resize correctly and because of that some apps don't come to the pixi. The pixi also has a smaller app count, and does not have 3d games. And is not getting flash support.

The pixi is probably more studier than the pre, but coming from a disappointed pixi owner I would recommend getting a pre. The speed increase and the bigger screen resolution is worth the troubles to me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Hi, welcome to precentral. I believe I seen you on androidforums.

Ok, so I wouldn't recommend getting a pixi. The pixi is slower than the pre. At first it may not seem bad but after a while it gets really slow. Making you have to restart your phone alot. If you use music on your phone. Don't even think about doing that much multitasking while doing so. It stutters when doing so. The pixi doesn't have wifi so If your home doesn't have a good signal than your going to be out of luck trying to surf the internet. The Pixi screen resolution is also a problem. Many apps don't resize correctly and because of that some apps don't come to the pixi. The pixi also has a smaller app count, and does not have 3d games. And is not getting flash support.

The pixi is probably more studier than the pre, but coming from a disappointed pixi owner I would recommend getting a pre. The speed increase and the bigger screen resolution is worth the troubles to me.
    ha yes you have probably seen me there.
    I discovered them when i got my droid and then eris
    back in November

and i actually discovered this place when i got the pre a few months ago
    before going back to my eris

Well why would it have fewer app count?
    Aside from the games, wouldn't the other apps
    work...decently?

well thank god i have an ipod for music lol
    ha yes you have probably seen me there.
    I discovered them when i got my droid and then eris
    back in November

and i actually discovered this place when i got the pre a few months ago
    before going back to my eris

Well why would it have fewer app count?
    Aside from the games, wouldn't the other apps
    work...decently?

well thank god i have an ipod for music lol
    Some of the apps just don't come to the pixi. I'm not really sure why. I think it's because the pixi screen is 80 pixels short vertically the images on the screen are streched and it may not look right. But I'm not sure.

But if your coming to sprint, than I would suggest a pre, hero, or moment. Or you could wait till summer and get the evo. Since your already familiar with android.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Some of the apps just don't come to the pixi. I'm not really sure why. I think it's because the pixi screen is 80 pixels short vertically the images on the screen are streched and it may not look right. But I'm not sure.

But if your coming to sprint, than I would suggest a pre, hero, or moment. Or you could wait till summer and get the evo. Since your already familiar with android.
    That button on the pre...i had the pre plus(buttonless)
    is it a bit of a hinderance?

I tried to use one for literally two seconds and i didnt get to try the button out
    but does it function the same on the pre like it does on the pre plus(buttonless)
    my wife just got a pixi yesterday and since it's her first "smart phone" she likes it. Me on the other hand, have been using Palm phones since the iXXX series and think the Pixi is an entry level device for someone not quite ready for a full out smart phone.
    It's slow and without wifi and the crappy sprint signal in our home, her net time is nill.
    If you are coming from a Pre plus and a Droid, you will surely be disappointed with a Pixi.
    That button on the pre...i had the pre plus(buttonless)
    is it a bit of a hinderance?

I tried to use one for literally two seconds and i didnt get to try the button out
    but does it function the same on the pre like it does on the pre plus(buttonless)
    To me when I tried it at the sprint store, it was a little annoying. But playing with my cousins pre I really got use to using it. It work just like the pixi and the other pluses, except It's a button there. And for notifications the button is better because you can see them better from a distance.
    I actually like my Pixi over the Pre. It depends on which form factor you like the best. I've found that my Pixi runs at a perfectly acceptable speed, and I don't have any issues running any apps on it. If you play a lot games designed for the Pre screen, you may have issues on the smaller Pixi screen, however.

The only thing the Sprint Pixi's don't have that would be nice is WiFi. Also, you can't overclock the Pixi as you can with the Pre.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    As someone who has owned or "trialed" Windows Mobile phones (HTC Touch, Moto Q), Android phones (Droid, HTC Hero), the iPhone 3G and 3GS, and Pre.... Hopefully it says something that I now use a Pixi. And wouldn't have it any other way. I don't do the mobile 3D gaming thing, but I do power e-mail, text, calls, and it works great for my work calendar. Speed is perfectly acceptable.
    i absolutely agree with daving...the form factor is a huge plus and i never imagined it would make that much of a difference but its barely noticeable in my pocket and is a perfect fit in my hands (which are pretty big btw). keyboard is the best ive ever used and it does almost everything i could want, minus 3d games and the hotspot feature available on the plus.
    go for the pixi, u wont be disappointed
    i think the pixi is more of a first smartphone, since you've already had a pre plus and an eris, i think you would be disappointed. just my opinion
    the first smartphone line is crap. I've owned smartphones since the kyo 6035 and I enjoy the Pixi and hate the Pre. Both Pre keyboards suck, plain and simple. People 'adjust to them'. You'll never hear one person say it's a great keyboard and a joy to use. The pixi's is a ton better and it's always there. Universal searching is instant. Just start typing.

I stream slacker and pandora while surfing the net, checking mail and playing hearts. I play on board music and do a couple things no problem as well. If you leave a bunch of useless cards open and do a few things, of course you'll have problems.

The Pre is faster and the OC patch makes it faster so from that point it is a nicer webOS experience. And the wifi helps.

If you don't care about 3D games the differences are a non issue. AND I haven't found much that doesn't scale well on the Pixi's 4:3 screen.

I miss wifi and wish it was a touch faster. That's about it.

For me it was more about the form factor, ease of use and overall size.
    honestly and truely my girl has had the pixi since launch and loves the phone. The pre which I own is the better of the two ONLY if you need 3D games and a whole lot of extra speed, and more then 10 apps open running smooth. Otherwise the PIXI is a very very good phone, you wont need wifi because the coverage for sprint is very good. My girl and I moved from Pa to florida and have never had a issue with coverage, I myself have been with sprint for 11 years and have never use WIFI when it became available. Also jsut about every application aside from games are on the PIXI, im not sure what other people see, I see my girls app store subtract the games and its the same count. So yes get a pixi, dont worry about WIFI you wont need it, and enjoy because the pixi is a very good underrated phone.
    I agree with crogs571.

I currently have a Pre and have also owned most all iterations of the Treo.

I will be going to the Pixi in a few months due to its form factor.

I really don't care to do any heavy computing on a smart phone. Likewise, I don't really care to carry around a computer wherever I go. The smartphone saves my bacon when I can't be at a PC by giving me just enough connectivity to get by until I get to a computer again.

I handle my phone numerous times per day....I want it small, compact, lightweight, and most importantly an afterthought when I'm moving it back and forth from my hand to my pocket. I don't need to carry a bigger, more powerful device that can launch missiles or guide the space shuttle into re-entry.
    quick and efficient is often a winner. it's just a shame they didn't make the Pixi a touch wider with more efficient use of the face....keyboard lower to the bottom, less bezel around the screen. both would allow for a larger 16x9 portrait screen with minimal impact on the footprint. Let's just hope HP can look at Dell and create something Pixi like like the Dell Smoke.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    even though the eris is a bad phone the pixi is worst it's slow and blahh I hate it!
  18.    #18  
    hmmm

on a side note, i love that lingerie the girl in your default is wearing.
    Looks vaguely familiar...Victoria's?

Anywhoo...
    I got the pixi and my initial impression...

DAMN IS THIS THING SMALL(SAID THE SAME ABOUT MY EX BF AS WELL lolzzz)
    however i played with it for most of my first day...

It's a cute little thingie and the keyboard was easy for me to use...I type faster on the pixi keyboard than i had with much larger keyboards in the past(droid, env touch, env2, alias 2)

The camera(i am a heavy pic taker...it is my job after all) and although i knew 2 mp was bad, i had no idea how bad it was until i took a pic of myself and it was just not clear...

The Webos experience(seemed the same as the pre plus)

Speed and apps...I noticed it was slightly slower than my eris, much slower than the pre plus...and extra 3-5 seconds opening the same applications on the pixi compared to the pre plus(idk how the pre works)

And i noticed what people were saying...it does seem to slow down dramatically by the time i had about 3 cards open to the point where i just did one app a time...you know...the iphone way

I took the phone back later that day and got a hero and i'm back to the same experience with the(Eris) basically..

Yesterday my boyfriend surprised me with a droid incredible and i temporarily dropped my hero to use the incredible and i'm just going to wait out the evo because i'm having a lot off issues with the incredible(i love the camera however hate the phone and every aspect of it)

So the pixi is a cute device and i don't do 3d gaming however i do need a phone that is more of at least an average speed demon and if i can't have more than 3 cards open with the pixi, then it's not for me. I used to have about 10-12 cards open on the pre plus so i never would have to wait while they launched but it wasn't so on the pixi...

I wish you could overclock it...and i wish there were camera apps that allowed you to change the pixi camera megapixel(like you could on the iphone)
    but alas...pixi was a dud
    Miranda Kerr lol
    NO..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast