1.    #1  
    Every time I want to get back to the main screen in an app from my Pixi, I have to exit the app and re-launch. There has to be an easier way!
    'Back' gesture should work.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Seriously
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Every time I want to get back to the main screen in an app from my Pixi, I have to exit the app and re-launch. There has to be an easier way!
    there is a short quick-guide that came with your pixi, explaining all the gesture area (the area between the screen and the keyboard) and all the gestures that you can do.

but if you're not the reading type, then take a look at the short video clips in the URL i'm posting below. they will answer your questions, as well as show you all the other cool things you can do with your phone that you might not know...

Palm webOS

the video clips are all really short and are organized into categories.
    Here is a Palm article explaining Gestures. You will be amazed, and I'm shocked that whoever sold you the phone didn't explain it to you.

Palm Support : Using gestures on a Pixi and Pixi Plus
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
  6.    #6  
    Using the back gesture just toggles between apps. ***? Am I doing something wrong?
    Yes you are swiping the full length of the gesture area it's only a swipe from the center to the left
  8.    #8  
    Using the back gesture just toggles between apps. ***? Am I doing something wrong?
    Seriously,this is not intuitive. By clicking on the above links, I just discovered my answer. I went into my "Screen and Lock" feature/app on my Pixi and fixed the problem.

I used to be a "RTFM" guy from start to finish (Treo days) but my time is valuable these days. I'm surprised Palm didn't include a fun little DVD explaining the basic/salient features and more whilst the WebOS user uses the phone.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    ...and I'm shocked that whoever sold you the phone didn't explain it to you...
    We shouldn't be shocked, based on what we've been hearing in the news about Palm lately. I got my Pixi at Best Buy Last December. The kids who work there don't know jack. Seriously, Palm should have kept its Palm kiosks & stores open. What were they thinking? Short term profit whilst ignoring long-term market share?!
    One plays when you activate the phone
    And it is almost unanimous that the gesture area is extremely intuitive
    Seriously,this is not intuitive. By clicking on the above links, I just discovered my answer. I went into my "Screen and Lock" feature/app on my Pixi and fixed the problem.

I used to be a "RTFM" guy from start to finish (Treo days) but my time is valuable these days. I'm surprised Palm didn't include a fun little DVD explaining the basic/salient features and more whilst the WebOS user uses the phone.
    There is a lil demo that it makes you run through while your setting up your first time activation. It lets you go and use the gesture area to get things done.
    Should have paid attention to the introductory video...

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

[QUOTE=un_designer;2407435]there is a short quick-guide that came with your pixi, explaining all the gesture area (the area between the screen and the keyboard) and all the gestures that you can do.

but if you're not the reading type, then take a look at the short video clips in the URL i'm posting below. they will answer your questions, as well as show you all the other cool things you can do with your phone that you might not know...

Reply:
    This video has help me a ton to figure out where the back button on each program. I came to a point to almost giving up with my palm pixi. Thank you so much! You're my phone saver.

Sorry, I took the video url out bec. it was prompting me to. Thanks again.
    Last edited by rypampx711; 08/07/2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Take the url out