Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pixi's keyboard seemed to have a more tactile click than that of the Pre. Anybody feel the same?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    That would be the general consensus across the internets, would like to get my hands on one (Pixi) myself and see how it types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggs167 View Post
    Pixi's keyboard seemed to have a more tactile click than that of the Pre. Anybody feel the same?
    The keys are raised up a bit more than the Pre, and they do click more.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    The keys are raised up a bit more than the Pre, and they do click more.
    Is it easier and more accurate than the Pre? Is it comfortable to type on? What kind of typing speeds are you getting?
    I've only played around with a Pre, but I use a Pixi for daily activities. It works ok for me, but I'm not a big texter so YMMV.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    I love the keyboard on my Pixi +, in my opinion it has more "feel" to it than the Pre, like I'm certain the keys are registering.

Not sure about the typing speed because I never took a stopwatch to it.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Hmm, I've always been a fast typer whether it's on a physical pad or touchscreen so I'm just curious as to whether I'll be able to keep up my speeds on this type of keyboard which I've never used before...
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Hmm, I've always been a fast typer whether it's on a physical pad or touchscreen so I'm just curious as to whether I'll be able to keep up my speeds on this type of keyboard which I've never used before...
    Try it out at a Verizon or Sprint store

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    Try it out at a Verizon or Sprint store
    Ok, but will you pay for my ticket from London to US?
    keyboards are night and day. Even the Pre plus has a mushy keyboard with very little travel. The recessed area doesn't help, and the top row is too close to the edge of the slider.

the pixi's form factor and keyboard make me deal with the slower processor and smaller screen.
    Here's a video showing possible typing speeds on the Palm Pre.

Btw that isn't me, but I am able to type at a decent speed as well. It might take a week or so to get comfortable with the spacing and feel of the keys.

Now this is assuming you can touch type on a regular (QWERTY/QWERTZ/...) keyboard.
    I can type fast on the Pre. I did own one. It's just not fun or easy. The keyboard is mush. There is little travel. It's inset and has the top part of the slider too close to the top row. Yes, you can adjust to it. But I don't want to just get by with something I utilize quite a bit. Plus you have to open the phone every time you want to type. On the Pixi you just start typing.

And if it is such a "great" typing experience, why did they not just carry it over to the Pixi?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I can touch type on a normal qwerty keyboard and I can get typing pretty fast on T9 but this qwerty chiclet keyboard would be a new experience for me, as long as I could get used to it quite fast I'd be happy. Just seen an unlocked Euro qwertz pixi + on ebay, might just buy it although it's a little pricey I think.
    going from a Palm Centro keyboard to a Pixi keyboard, would you guys call it an upgrade?
    most definitely. Stiffer keys, better travel and defined click. I'm quicker on the Pixi than I was on the Centro.
    pixi keyboard stomps all over the pre...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    haven't used a pres keyboard yet but I at first thought the pixi would have a bad one because of how small it is but I've come to love it, I might that I have kinda small hands
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hiono View Post
    haven't used a pres keyboard yet but I at first thought the pixi would have a bad one because of how small it is but I've come to love it, I might that I have kinda small hands
    Haha I stopped using my HTC HD2 because it was too big for my hands I felt like I'd drop it texting while walking down the street!
    I wonder how I'll like carrying the Evo around. At worst I relegate it to my broadband card and use it for media of sorts, though a BT keyboard would make it very useful to leave the laptop at home even if I do go back to the Pixi as my daily phone. That big wafer like brick does have me wonder.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I wonder how I'll like carrying the Evo around. At worst I relegate it to my broadband card and use it for media of sorts, though a BT keyboard would make it very useful to leave the laptop at home even if I do go back to the Pixi as my daily phone. That big wafer like brick does have me wonder.
    Depends how big your hands are - mine aren't very big. That 4.3 inch screen is amazing to watch well encoded videos on though, makes your eyes pop! For walking down the street and texting though, you'll have to hold on tight with both hands unless you have large hands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast