Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I was in class so I flipped the ringer switch to put it in vibrate. My friend calls me but I didn't feel a vibration. Instead, my pixi made a noise similar to the noise made when you put a microphone near the speaker. It did not vibrate. It wasn't a ringer or anything because obviously it was on vibrate.

Has this been reported before or should I get a refurb?
    Last edited by blankiek; 04/20/2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Can you repeat the problem again and again? Very strange.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Can you repeat the problem again and again? Very strange.
    You know, I restarted the, had someone call me under the same conditions, and it did not happen again. I have no idea how or why it happened, but yeah it is pretty strange.
    def strange but when we talk about nice features...i forgot to mention that switch as one of them.. very convenient and quick to switch to silent modes. so not all physical buttons/switches are bad
    my old touch from htc use to do it when near a speaker. maybe u got feedback from a mic or speaker near u.
    My Pre makes a "brring" type noise when switching it to vibrate or getting alerts (in vibrate mode only) while on the Touchstone or with headphones plugged in, which it has only done since 1.4.0. Maybe something similar happened for you on your Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
    my old touch from htc use to do it when near a speaker. maybe u got feedback from a mic or speaker near u.
    Would I be correct in assuming your Touch was a GSM phone? That happens with pretty much all GSM phones.
    That is weird. Perhaps the switch was not toggled all the way.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2