Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but I love my Pixi, so I guess it goes here.

I was using a Moto Q (no insults, please) for the longest time and just managed to switch on Verizon (was previously with Alltel) to the Pixi Plus. I used the $30 new phone credit from their upgrade program towards the $30 Pixi Plus. Mobile Hotspot is free, which also helped. I just can't believe they're practically giving these phones away.

I'm also a past Palm user. I had used a Tungsten C and worked on Treos in my last tech related job and was quite a fan then.

Other than that, just wanted to say hello and I'm really impressed with the phone and WebOS. Hai!
    Welcome! Just wait until you get started with Preware. Your phone will be even better then.
    Welcome! I suggest you read up on WebOS Quick Install & install it. You can then install patches to customize your phone. Better yet, with Quick Install, you can install Preware & install directly from your phone.

Good Luck & Welcome!

BLiip
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quinn1981, I suggest you ignore the above replies. When you come across something that annoys you or you wish the device did but doesn't currently do then re-read the above replies.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    With Verizon dropping prices I'm a new Pre & WebOS user and loving it!
    WiFi Tethering is what I have needed forever and 5 gigs for $30/month (plus Tax - Don't forget Tax!) wit unlimted data on the Pre itself Great!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard. I can't believe you waited till the price drop though, the Pre was worth every penny at full price. Ah well, whatever works.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Well, if I were loaded, I might have picked it up sooner.

There's a few things I'm finding I might want to change, but I'm not sure about the patches yet. I'm only a little bummed I can't snap shots of barcodes and do the google droid thing.

I want to get the touchstone though. I hate having to flip open the little side panel.
    ugh yes, i hate opening the charging thingy on the pre as well. i should get my touchstone in the main today; can't wait. :-D :-D :-D
    Touchstone ftw
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I too want a Touchstone but I've run into the same problem as you - money - they're not terribly cheap are they? If I could pick one up for $30 I would but at the moment the added convenience doesn't quite justify the price.
    Once you go Touchstone you'll never go back.

I realize not everyone is made of money, including me, but I've got four of them plus I got one for my daughter's phone. One in each car, plus home and office.

My phone is rarely under 80% charged. They are that easy to use, charging is an afterthought.
    Hi! I'm new here too and LOVING my new Pixi. I had an old Blackberry flip and WebOS is better than that in pretty much every way possible. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the battery life, but I've read everywhere that the battery needs time to acclimate, so I'm hoping that improves soon. Plus, I got the mobile hotspot plan for FREE so this was seriously like the deal of the year for me.
    hey also consider getting the mugen 1400 it adds alot of life to the pre's and pixis, dosent change the size of your phone, and is pretty cheap at around 30 bucs. Just google mugen 1400 for palm pre and they'll send you to its website.
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I too want a Touchstone but I've run into the same problem as you - money - they're not terribly cheap are they? If I could pick one up for $30 I would but at the moment the added convenience doesn't quite justify the price.
    I found a touchstone on the bestbuy website for $19.99. You ought to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    hey also consider getting the mugen 1400 it adds alot of life to the pre's and pixis, dosent change the size of your phone, and is pretty cheap at around 30 bucs. Just google mugen 1400 for palm pre and they'll send you to its website.
    ^^^This guy knows what he's talking about.

Heres the link though.

Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery For Palm Pre and Palm Pixi [HLI-PRESL]
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Holy crap, you're right! Sadly I live in the UK or I'd order three!

$19.99 Touchstone
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Not only is the Touchstone $20 at Best Buy, the inductive back cover for the Pixi is only $10 there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Quinn1981, I suggest you ignore the above replies. When you come across something that annoys you or you wish the device did but doesn't currently do then re-read the above replies.
    Dude, change your strategy, if you don't like something on the phone....... change it. What other phones let you basically root them???????? You gotta go on craigslist to find people that sell cracked-iphones/blackberries/whatever. Palms rule. All I want to see different is the app store full of more apps, thats it. Honestly if you can find that many things wrong with a phone, maybe its operator error??? maybe...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakekohler View Post
    Dude, change your strategy, if you don't like something on the phone....... change it. What other phones let you basically root them???????? You gotta go on craigslist to find people that sell cracked-iphones/blackberries/whatever. Palms rule. All I want to see different is the app store full of more apps, thats it. Honestly if you can find that many things wrong with a phone, maybe its operator error??? maybe...
    Ok, so you managed to misunderstand my post and insult me in your very first post to the community. Good start.
    My first WebOS device will be the AT&T Palm Pixi Plus. It should be released on June 9th or 6th.