Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My pixi battery dies so quickly that it's almost useless. I see people saying here they see battery life draining 2-3% in a few hours. I would be happy (er) with this. Mine just drained 2% in as many minutes! This was with only one app and AIM running, email set to check only once an hour and auto locate off. There is not a chance I could make it through a day at work without a touchstone. What's a girl to do?!?! I COULD really love this phone but not like this.
    Has it always been like that, or just after the last update?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Well it's a fairly new phone, but it was acting this way before the update. I am so jealous researching it and seeing people complaining about 5 or 12 hours, I would be lucky to get 3! I came from a Blackberry that could go days between charges so this is beyond irritating)
    I also have a new Pixi Plus and am working out how best to conserve battery power.

Just updated to 1.4 a couple days ago, and that seems to have improved power consumption.

I've got auto locate turned off... my email accounts are set to check "manually" (so it takes a few extra seconds to get email.. not a big deal)... brightness is set at around 30%. Also, when available, I keep wifi enabled, rather than using the 3G connection... wifi is much faster, therefore uses less power I think.

One other thing I do is manually turn off the screen when not using the phone, rather than waiting for the "time out" to kick in. Yes, it's an extra button push, but it's also 30 seconds less(or more, depending on your settings) each time you put the phone down that the screen isn't on and using power.

Charged to full around 10am yesterday. Did some web browsing (facebook, miscellaneous forums, etc), checked my email a few times, some texting, a few phone calls, playing around with some of the phone options (still new and figuring things out lol). Used the alarm to wake up this morning and was just under 30% charge left.

Just a few tips to play around with and see what works for you. Might also consider picking up one of the extended life batteries... both for the extra power, and to simply have a spare.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    I also have a new Pixi Plus and am working out how best to conserve battery power.

Just updated to 1.4 a couple days ago, and that seems to have improved power consumption.

I've got auto locate turned off... my email accounts are set to check "manually" (so it takes a few extra seconds to get email.. not a big deal)... brightness is set at around 30%. Also, when available, I keep wifi enabled, rather than using the 3G connection... wifi is much faster, therefore uses less power I think.

One other thing I do is manually turn off the screen when not using the phone, rather than waiting for the "time out" to kick in. Yes, it's an extra button push, but it's also 30 seconds less(or more, depending on your settings) each time you put the phone down that the screen isn't on and using power.

Charged to full around 10am yesterday. Did some web browsing (facebook, miscellaneous forums, etc), checked my email a few times, some texting, a few phone calls, playing around with some of the phone options (still new and figuring things out lol). Used the alarm to wake up this morning and was just under 30% charge left.

Just a few tips to play around with and see what works for you. Might also consider picking up one of the extended life batteries... both for the extra power, and to simply have a spare.
    I don't have a plus so I can't use wifi, but I do keep all my other settings basically at what yours are (email is set to check at a few hour interval though) and I always hit the button to turn off the screen. I woke up this AM at 100%, looked at facebook (< 2 minutes) and checked email (~5 minutes). An hour later I am at 85%.

Sickening .
    You said your Pixi is fairly new.. did you recently switch from a regular phone?

I did.. was using the LG EnV2 until I got the Pixi Plus on Wednesday. I was surprised at how fast the battery drains compared to other cell phones, but this is my first stab at a smartphone. Just due to the fact that it's basically a hand held computer, which has to boot up and then continually run an OS in the background... it makes sense that it would use power much more quickly.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    You said your Pixi is fairly new.. did you recently switch from a regular phone?

I did.. was using the LG EnV2 until I got the Pixi Plus on Wednesday. I was surprised at how fast the battery drains compared to other cell phones, but this is my first stab at a smartphone. Just due to the fact that it's basically a hand held computer, which has to boot up and then continually run an OS in the background... it makes sense that it would use power much more quickly.
    Nope, I've had a Blackberry for years. The battery on that thing lasted longer than any dumb phone I've ever had...it would last for days!
    make sure you have the brightness down. If you just got the phone it takes about 10 days for the battery and phone to get "conditioned" as the synergy process with synching of contacts, FB, and calender is being set up. Please see my "40 days and 40 nights" post about my initial battery situation. It has gotten tremendously better. Shut off 3G when you are not using the phone for data like at night or while you are in a mall or restaurant
    with poor reception. Do a phone PRL update...not sure how you do it on sprint since I have verizon. Def purchase an extended battery or multiple batteries if you are a power user. Keep the brightness all the way down, it's still plenty bright. And don't use the instant messaging app if you don't use it,the continual data draw kills the battery. Yahoo contacts sucks the battery, don't know why. Search some
    of the other battery saving threads in the forums. Get a pixi with wifi, sprint stinks anyways. I think you will come to a happy conclusion. Hope this helps.