1.    #1  
    Hi

I'm trying to remove the "swipe lock" from my pixi. I'm not worried about accidentally pressing the power button on the top left corner (it's hard enough to press when I want to), and don't seen the need for 2 different actions to unlock my phone.

Unfortunately, as far as I've found so far, my only options for this are "Off" (the swipe), "simple PIN" and "Password". Is there something I'm missing, or is it not possible to remove the "swipe"

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    i would like that for the Pre also.
    I would love to have that option for the Pixi Plus as well. Exactly as you said, it'd be almost impossible to accidentally hit the power button in your pocket.

Down with the swipe!
    Been discussed quite a bit and the gist is that it can't be done
    I would think more along the lines that the gist is that it just hasn't been done yet.

The functionality of "not" having to use the slide motion to unlock the phone is already there. If the phone is charging (via usb.. not sure about a wall outlet, haven't checked), hitting the power button wakes up the phone, and the screen is not locked.
    one quick way to unlock the phone, after you press the power button, just swipe up from the gesture area and it will unlock. This keeps you from having to hit the unlock botton. One downside to this is if you keep the phone app open you'll have a tendency to hang up the call instead of answer it. Once you unlock it answers but this motion passes your finger over the hang up icon. I just close the phone app and no longer have this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    I would think more along the lines that the gist is that it just hasn't been done yet.

The functionality of "not" having to use the slide motion to unlock the phone is already there. If the phone is charging (via usb.. not sure about a wall outlet, haven't checked), hitting the power button wakes up the phone, and the screen is not locked.
    Because charging prevents the phone from going into full standby. It is possible to prevent the phone from going into standby with the app NoDoze, which would indirectly prevent the screen lock, at the cost of battery life.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Folks, this is the first palm I have ever owned. In fact its not even mine but my wife's. She has always had a basic phone and I finally convinced her.

We just got it today and the only complaint she has is after two minutes she has to hit the power button and then swipe before she can even use the phone. Is there any way to eliminate one of these. Preferably hitting the power button?

I have searched but cannot seem to find anything.

Please help. she wants to return it now.
    sometimes my pixi doesnt do it. basically when screen is back on it would not should the lock straight to home screen. started happening when i installed the never auto off screen patch
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andifur View Post
    Folks, this is the first palm I have ever owned. In fact its not even mine but my wife's. She has always had a basic phone and I finally convinced her.

We just got it today and the only complaint she has is after two minutes she has to hit the power button and then swipe before she can even use the phone. Is there any way to eliminate one of these. Preferably hitting the power button?

I have searched but cannot seem to find anything.

Please help. she wants to return it now.
    Throw away all of that webOS goodness for something so ridiculously tiny? This makes me sad and a little bit angry too.

Your wife may find mofishmgr's tip useful:
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    Swipe up from the gesture area and it will unlock.
    Personally I find this easier than moving the lock icon out of the highlighted area.
    Last edited by laze; 04/14/2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Removed personal attack as it didn't contribute anything.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote: Your wife may find mofishmgr's tip useful:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post

Does not work because the phone goes into standby after three minutes so you HAVE to hit the power button before you can swipe the screen or gesture area. She is a simple person, and doesnt want to take extra steps just to make a phone call. Like on a BB you can hit the trackball and wala you are in the phone
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote:
    Your wife may find mofishmgr's tip useful:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post

it wont work, you still need to hit the power button before you can swipe or use gesture. To many steps to make a simple phone call or her
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andifur View Post
    She is a simple person
    Hehe :-p

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I do agree that there needs to be an easier way to unlock the phone but it isn't a deal breaker for me, personally.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter