1.    #1  
    I have had my Pixi for about 2.5 weeks. I love it! There is only one problem... voice calls. I posted here before (the post 'voice call sound issue') about the it. There is extra noise from the other voice, especially when things are enunciated (like ends of words/sentences). It's kind of static-y, & almost like the volume it up too loud (but it does it at any volume). It is less noticeable on speakerphone but still there. I even notice it during voicemail (the automated voice & the messages).

I posted the problem on Palm's Support forum & a tech suggested I run audio tests & restart through Device Info, which I tried (ran the audio test before & after the restart). It didn't help. I even noticed the same noise slightly during the ear piece test. I email Sprint. They suggested I call Tech Support & that if it was unable to be resolved, to send my phone in or take it to a Sprint store to exchange it.

I am guessing (although I will call Tech Support first) the problem won't be fixed that way & I will have to exchange it. Sprint said I could mail it in or take it into a Sprint store. But I got my phone through RadioShack, so I am wondering, will I need to take it there to exchange it? Also, is it likely that I will be charged a restocking fee (if I am getting the same model/color, etc)?

If anyone has any advice or experience, feel free to share with me! Thanks!
    I think you will need to return it to RS, at least within the first 30 days. No restocking fee to exchange a defective phone for another example of the same phone.
    ive had the pixi for the same amount of time and i dont experience that
  4.    #4  
    I went into RS today but they, along with all of the RS stores in the district are out of stock of the Pixi. Since Sprint says RS has to be the ones to replace it, I have no idea what to do. I emailed RS & plan on calling them as well when I get the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by raelynjo View Post
    I went into RS today but they, along with all of the RS stores in the district are out of stock of the Pixi. Since Sprint says RS has to be the ones to replace it, I have no idea what to do. I emailed RS & plan on calling them as well when I get the chance.
    Oh man, I am sorry to hear that. What a pain. So Sprint did say you must exchange it at a Radio Shack?
  6.    #6  
    They did when I called them after talking to RadioShack. Before I called, I had went into a Sprint store & the guy working said since I had bought it from RS, he couldn't touch it in the first 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    ive had the pixi for the same amount of time and i dont experience that
    use ur head not everyone is going to have the same problem.
    indeed but just adding my $.2!!
    I was in the same situation w/radioshack but one of my keys was not working and rs was discontinuing them in the whole district. I contacted sprint and they said to return the phone to rs and have them call in saying the phone was returned but to leave the line open (in order to keep my same number). They then said I can go anywhere to purchase any phone and my acct would read eligible for the discounted phone price again (i originally opened a new acct w/sprint). I went to bestbuy and got the pixi for free (they price match) and everything went smooth except I had to call sprint again to have them speed up the process of marking my acct as eligible because it can take up to 24 hours to show. If you call and tell them you're trying to purchase the phone, they'll expedite the process. Sorry for the long response, hope that helps
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the reply smile4them, I PM'd you.
    Wow smile4them, I'm sure that will solve a lot of problems that had happened in the past about this topic.
    Glad to help. Since there are others that may want more info on the process, here's more details of how it worked. I did this last week and I didn't have to show best buy anything. Just make sure that when you return it to rs that you tell them that you're going to purchase the phone somewhere else and not to close the account. In order for best buy to see that you are eligible after the return, make sure that rs calls sprint (which they should know to do) and explains the situation and to not close the account but just show that the phone was returned to reset your eligibility (for new line or upgrade pricing..). I called sprint to verify if this could be done with me losing my number and three different reps assured me that there would be no problem. If you go into best buy or anywhere, they'll check their computer to see if you are eligible for the discounted pricing. If their system shows that you are not eligible, the eligibility reset is probably still processing but you can call sprint and tell them that you are waiting at best buy to make the purchase. For me they were able to do the approval over the phone instead of having me wait up to 24-48 hours
  13.    #13  
    Just wanted to update my situation. I emailed RS Friday thru their site, after I had went into the store. Today, I got an email back from them asking for the store number I bought my Pixi at & the purchase date, so I replied. This afternoon, I got a phone call from another RS across the state from me to let me know that they had found me a Pixi & it was being shipped to the store I bought mine at. It should be there within a couple days & the store is suppose to call me when it comes in. So hopefully this all works out, because that would be fantastic.
  14.    #14  
    Picked up the new one today, so far I don't notice any issues (including the voice call issue I was having). Here's to hoping I am all set now!