Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pre not plus version.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I have the Pre Plus and wife has the Pixi Plus and I do like her keyboard better.
    yes
    I have 2 pixi's, a 700p and a 755
    I can tell you that I tried the Pre and the BB
    The Pixi has the best keyboard of any smartphone

It is why I purchased the Pixi
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    The Pixi and Pixi Plus keys are identical. One of the main reasons I switched from the Pre to the Pixi Plus was the keyboard. The difference for me was night and day. Even thought the Pixi keyboard might have a slightly more crapped lay-out the keys themselves are much more tactile.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Yes, the Pixi has a much better keyboard.
    I got the Pixi Plus on Friday - and I can now text like I have a clue! Have used phones with keys and/or touch and my daughter just laughed at me as I bumbled my way through the shortest of messages. But, you should see me now! Love the Pixi!!
    Yes. People complain about it being too small but I think because of it being so compact, it helps with the accuracy
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    gf has the pixie and I have a pre... I'm jealous of her kb
    Well I'll be the odd man out to say no it's not better the pixi has a kb that is way too tiny for me and the keys are ridiculously clicky (louder than a mouse click on a computer) so I'm glad I stuck with my pre
    I bought my son a Pixi at suggestion of Sprint rep. He & his buddies like the keyboard better than my Pre's.
    I had the Pre, my wife has the Pixi. Its no contest, Pixi KB is better than any keyboard Ive ever used. Which includes BB 8330, BB Tour, Treo 700wx, and Pre.
    As far as the loud clicking noise mentioned above, that is a feature that can be turned off, so disregard. The keyboard is small but the separation between keys is more than ample. The actual key material is what makes the KB so much better than all the other KB's Ive tried. I'm a guy that works with my hands but I still enough of a nail that I do most of my keyboarding with the edge of my nails. These rubbery keys seem to grab hold of your fingernail, and prevent the constant slip-offs I have experienced with every other phone. It somehow makes the KB seem much bigger than it really is.
    the pixi's keyboard is clickier and easier to press. it's a result of it being a candybar form factor and so it can be more raised and softer to type on, vs the pre's keyboard which is limited by the fact that it has to glide underneath the screen. so for now, yes the pixi's keyboard is better, but i expect the next pre to have better hardware and keyboard based on what palm has done in the past with the treo line as well.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    wife has Pixi, I have Pre. I love her KB, but I love everything else on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    As far as the loud clicking noise mentioned above, that is a feature that can be turned off, so disregard.
    I believe people who cite the clickiness of the Pixi's keys are referring to the mechanical click of the keys themselves, which cannot be turned off. Some people find this click objectionable, but most consider it a significant tactile advantage that contributes to the superiority of the Pixi keyboard over the Pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Smith View Post
    I believe people who cite the clickiness of the Pixi's keys are referring to the mechanical click of the keys themselves, which cannot be turned off. Some people find this click objectionable, but most consider it a significant tactile advantage that contributes to the superiority of the Pixi keyboard over the Pre's.
    exactly the clickyness I was talking about don't know what he was talking about saying it could be turned off
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    and the keys are ridiculously clicky (louder than a mouse click on a computer)
    Sorry, but the key clicks are not loud or even audible. You can adjust keyboard click volume if I'm not mistaken, and thought this was what the referral was to. I can feel a physical click or acknowledgement, but my wife's pixi does not make an audible sound when typed on.
    Sorry, but the key clicks are not loud or even audible. You can adjust keyboard click volume if I'm not mistaken, and thought this was what the referral was to. I can feel a physical click or acknowledgement, but my wife's pixi does not make an audible sound when typed on.
    perhaps because it has had some use but the pixi I tried at sprint on release was ridiculously clicky but I'm sure it would wear down eventually
    LOVE the KB on my Pixi..very fast, not to loud (also not adjustable) Not just text, but email is a breeze, and I write a lot of email when not at home.
    umm...yes they are. It is a mechanical click not electronic, and it is noticeable. For me it's a small price to pay for the nice travel and firm feel of the keyboard. Would rather have the click than have the keyboard feel like mush like both Pre's. I've got three Pixi's on the account. All sound the same. The few I've played with in store (Verizon and Sprint) all click.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast