1.    #1  
    So the wife just got her Pixi. I've had a Pre since 060609. This has never happened on my pre.

My wife has a bunch of yahoo profiles in her contacts that she must have got via one of our yahoo email accounts via synergy. When she tries to delete them it states "Yahoo profiles can not be deleted".

I had her delete the yahoo email account off the phone but they still can't be deleted. I did a search here and found a few threads that stated to go into the buddies area of messaging and delete the account there. I did that and have only the number of the phone in there. Still can't delete the contacts?

Any ideas and or work arounds? Figures the wife would find something that i've never had to deal with on my Pre!
    go into the preferences & accounts in contacts and click the yahoo account then hit remove account. That will get rid of the yahoo contacts.

I had to do this too before, I checked an email for a friend then removed the account, but still had all her contacts. I used the above steps and all is well
    if you just want to get rid of a few contacts all you do is sign into your account on the computer and delete the contacts you want and close it out then delete the account on your phone and reinstall the account the contacts deleted will be gone and the others will return
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    So the wife just got her Pixi. I've had a Pre since 060609. This has never happened on my pre.

My wife has a bunch of yahoo profiles in her contacts that she must have got via one of our yahoo email accounts via synergy. When she tries to delete them it states "Yahoo profiles can not be deleted".

I had her delete the yahoo email account off the phone but they still can't be deleted. I did a search here and found a few threads that stated to go into the buddies area of messaging and delete the account there. I did that and have only the number of the phone in there. Still can't delete the contacts?

Any ideas and or work arounds? Figures the wife would find something that i've never had to deal with on my Pre!
    "The wife"? Wow, I hope she reads your post and kicks you out of the house...how degrading.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    "The wife"? Wow, I hope she reads your post and kicks you out of the house...how degrading.
    the wench, the ho, the bi$%h, the ball & chain, now those are degrading. The wife is no different than saying "my wife". Get over yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    the wench, the ho, the bi$%h, the ball & chain, now those are degrading. The wife is no different than saying "my wife". Get over yourself
    It's a lot different. I dare you to ask your wife...unless she's trailer trash she'll probably kick your ****.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

a bit touchy, no? Think someone needs to get back in the kitchen...
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
  8.    #8  
    Thanks to all those that have helped me and "THE WIFE" with this issues. As always, you guys and girls are the gurus of this phone. I'm so glad that Precentral is here.

Now for Spudsh*t

Hey, Spudnut! Here's an idea! How about I get my wife to answer back your insinuations that she's "trailer trash". I'm gonna be nice compared to what she has to say to you.

I'd take any Texas born women over those potatoe muchin skanks from I DA HO any day!

Not that you even know what a women looks like in real life! Closest I bet you ever got was when some girl left a pair of panties in the dryers at the laundry mat you were using to dry your jacko** soiled tighty whiteies in! Of course she lost the panties but you gained a new catchers mitt for it huh? Panty sniffin FREAK!

If you can't add anything to this thread, stay the He** out! People like you are the reason the internet is so full of trash and filth!

OH and Spudho if you are a women! Go get laid!

Punk or Punket!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aow View Post
    true dat!
    I must say this was entertaining reading for my problem!! Good answer from Gregandtink, do not need this on forum when looking for help.

I have same problem, had Pre since Day 1, then all of a sudden my Yahoo added all email contacts to phone. I do not want this, my contacts are for phone only, not everyone on email list.

I had done the above, Preferences, deleted Yahoo (sbcglobal account actually), left off overnight so when it hits the clouds, it had nothing to bring. Account stayed off, all contacts stayed on phone.

I would really like to get most off, do not want to delete from mail on computer, just don't need to filter thru all this on phone.

Any other ideas that have worked? They are all listed under Yahoo Profiles.
    When you add in an email address it syncs to E-Mail, Calendar and Contacts. Just readd in the email addy, then go to calendar if she syncs with a difference calendar and also go to contacts, hit the top left preference menu and you should be able to remove those accounts while keeping the email on.
    when deleting a cloud account, don't forget to remove it in the photo app. When you add an account, Synergy puts it in Contacts/Calendar/Photos + plus whatever client you added it to (facebook, messenger, etc).

Once you remove it from those 4, open the backup app (the one that backs up your Palm profile) and turn off backup. That deletes your backup in the cloud. Then turn it back on and do a back up right then. I learned this the hard way. While trying to figure this out, support had me do a full erase, and when my Palm profile was restored... the account came back with it... it took a few more rounds of that before an escalation engineer realized that the palm profile still contained the account...

I hope that helps...