Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just received the Pixi today. Struggling trying to figure out how to turn the screen on (guess I have to hit the Power button every time?), how to close or cancel out of screens/apps I open by mistake, how to sync with the corporate outlook via USB (can't send the info to the "cloud"), wondering if I'll be able to use my old apps, and really wishing there was a "how to transition from a 755p to a Pixi/Pre" user manual. ;-)

Anyone out there have the same struggles? Any suggestions? I am sure it'll get better with time, but it's weird to feel a little helpless...where are my easy to see and push phone, calendar, messaging and apps buttons?....lol
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    you can start with this video from the precentral website...

http://www.precentral.net/get-new-pr...re-get-started
    You can close out of accidental programs by pressing the horizontal white bar on your phone, then swiping the card upward.

I don't know of any 755 to Pixi manual, so I recommend you write it. I am sure lots of people would find it useful.
    No need to keep opening and closing programs. Leave them open if you are going to use them during the day. They will stay open as cards. You can use Classic from Motion Apps to run older Palm programs. The help system in the WebOS is very detailed and very good. Check that out on your Pixie. You can use Chapura PocketMirror to sync Outlook with a cable.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the tips, everyone - especially the video on precentral. I think I've figured out navigation (except how to "delete" things like individual messages in the SMS app, but I am sure i'll figure it out). I downloaded by missing sync and pocket mirror last night and as far as I could figure out (after about 2 hours) is that missing sync will sync files, etc. via cable, but does the calendar and contacts via wi-fi or bluetooth. Pocketmirror didn't allow the cable sync and wanted me to use Bluetooth.

Spent most of that two hours trying to get the bluetooth connection to work. Got the phone adn the computer to recognize each other and set up the PAN, but my computer only gave me the option to recognize the Pixi as a phone or audio player. Wouldn't let me sync at all. Will try to trouble shoot this a.m. and talk to tech support. If anyone has tips in this area, I am all ears.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    just swipe left to right across the message to delete...this functionality is used across the platform (deleting videos, emails, etc).
    I'd love to be able to swipe across the notification of a message to delete it! I downloaded a patch to allow me to delete all email messages in a folder, a big help. Navigation is coming easier. I've had my Pixi (upgraded from 755) since 3/8. I was ready to take it back at first, but am getting more comfortable with it.
  8.    #8  
    Hi revclaus - glad to see another convert out here who's trying to figure all of this out. Navigation is getting easier. Still struggling to figure out how to sync the local Outlook. Neither missing sync nor pocketmirror allow sync with this info via usb cable (have been corresponding with their support folks). Apparently, the only option (besides wi-fi) is via Bluetooth and for the life of me I cannot get my computer and phone to work with one another. Ugh - i really need my contacts and calendar. Corporate policies won't allow syncing to the cloud. Would hate to send back this cool, new phone because of this... Am off to search the web for Bluetooth help...
    J.
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14 View Post
    Hi revclaus - glad to see another convert out here who's trying to figure all of this out. Navigation is getting easier. Still struggling to figure out how to sync the local Outlook. Neither missing sync nor pocketmirror allow sync with this info via usb cable (have been corresponding with their support folks). Apparently, the only option (besides wi-fi) is via Bluetooth and for the life of me I cannot get my computer and phone to work with one another. Ugh - i really need my contacts and calendar. Corporate policies won't allow syncing to the cloud. Would hate to send back this cool, new phone because of this... Am off to search the web for Bluetooth help...
    So you can't sync your Outlook 's Contacts/Calendar to your Google account?
  10.    #10  
    I could do it one time via the Data Transfer Assistant but don't believe corporate will allow live export to Google on a regular basis.
    J.
    Why can't you sync with wi-fi and Chapura? I don't think WebOS will sync with bluetooth like the old Palms.
  12.    #12  
    Pixi doesn't have wi-fi, unfortunately. Trying to figure out how to paste the Bluetooth screen to show the disconnect...
    J.
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14 View Post
    Pixi doesn't have wi-fi, unfortunately. Trying to figure out how to paste the Bluetooth screen to show the disconnect...
    Do a White Button + Sym + P at the same time. It'll take a screenshot of your phone and save it in your pictures. From there you can upload it to a website, your Gmail, etc.
    I don't sync to the cloud either. I've been using CompanionLink which syncs via the USB cable. It's a little clunky but you get used to it. I have the Pre, but should work with the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Embrace the future. It's wireless.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Your IT doesn't allow for syncing via Exchange? That's messed up.

yeah, umm...Palm missed that memo when they made the Pixi for Sprint without wifi. And personally the online PIM's of google, yahoo and such are a bit limiting. Wireless may be the future, but you shouldn't be tied to it as your only option. You especially shouldn't be tied to a company that is also the competition. Seriously, base your phone around syncing with a company that creates a phone in direct competition with yours. Way to go Palm...dumb*sses. They even have CS reps telling customers not to sync with google now because it's unreliable (entirely true by the way).

Shame you haven't been around here long enough to have taken part on all those cloud/anti-cloud threads before the Pre was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Embrace the future. It's wireless.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  17.    #17  
    Still trying to get Missing Sync to work to "hotsync" my corporate Outlook calendar. Spent many hours trying to figure out the Bluetooth issue, which now connects (think it was a software version issue!). Unfortunately, now when I try to get the Pixi and the laptop to connect, I get a Sprint error message that the sync/internet connection isn't authorized. Called my "friends" at Sprint and they couldn't figure it out either. I think the phone is trying to connect to Missing Sync's server via Bluetooth internet connection from my computer and registering that transaction as "tethering", which is not part of my plan. Have been waiting to hear back from Missing Sync tech support. Very frustrating. Is anyone out there able to get the Pixi to sync Outlook calendar info via USB or Bluetooth?
    J.
  18.    #18  
    Returned the Pixi yesterday and grabbed a Centro. Going back to old school until the USB sync works for those of us who can't send our corporate Outlook info the cloud. Besides the sync-ing issues, I also had several problems with accurate Bluetooth connections in my new car and calls connecting (or not). Too much frustration out of the box for me. 10 years ago I probably would've powered through, but not now. Looking forward to Palm's revival and the next couple of versions of the WebOS.
    J.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Wow. Just wow.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Wow. Just wow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast