Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well good luck with the centro!
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14 View Post
    Returned the Pixi yesterday and grabbed a Centro. Going back to old school until the USB sync works for those of us who can't send our corporate Outlook info the cloud. Besides the sync-ing issues, I also had several problems with accurate Bluetooth connections in my new car and calls connecting (or not). Too much frustration out of the box for me. 10 years ago I probably would've powered through, but not now. Looking forward to Palm's revival and the next couple of versions of the WebOS.
    Does your company use Blackberries? Both the Pre and Pixi allow MS Exchange (and thus email, calendar, tasks) syncing directly to your companies servers "do not pass Google or collect $200". If your company is large enough to be using exchange and having a "no cloud" policy (so do we - worldwide co., 2500+ users) then you could have definitely used EAS to sync up. I've been doing it since my T600 (and 650, Centro, and Pre) I only used Palm Desktop for the Media syncing.

To late now though, Centro's a kick ***** phone though I could never go back at this point, I'm just too productive now that I'd lose it if I had to "single task" again... lol
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by revclaus View Post
    I'd love to be able to swipe across the notification of a message to delete it! I downloaded a patch to allow me to delete all email messages in a folder, a big help. Navigation is coming easier. I've had my Pixi (upgraded from 755) since 3/8. I was ready to take it back at first, but am getting more comfortable with it.
    You need to read the manual to take full advantage of webOS's elegant navigation. It's intuitive but it's learnt intuitiveness that is if the two aren't contradictory...
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14 View Post
    Returned the Pixi yesterday and grabbed a Centro. Going back to old school until the USB sync works for those of us who can't send our corporate Outlook info the cloud. Besides the sync-ing issues, I also had several problems with accurate Bluetooth connections in my new car and calls connecting (or not). Too much frustration out of the box for me. 10 years ago I probably would've powered through, but not now. Looking forward to Palm's revival and the next couple of versions of the WebOS.
    The concept behind syncing is over with. The idea has already been implemented; it's only getting the finer details ironed out right now.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-preimage.html
    This is such a shame! This is what Palm is up against. I have 1 Pre and 2 Pixis in my family and I own stock in Palm. It is such a bummer that Palm made such a great device but A. took till 1.4 (IMHO) to get it even close and B. has left out some of that simple functionality from the ole Palm OS days. When I heard the Mic API won't be out til end of summer I just could not believe why it should take that long. I love this brand, I love the Pre and Pixi but when people like jquinn just look at this phone as not quite ready, you wonder if Palm understands that people just want a great device in 2010.

Hope you come back to WebOS in the future, Jquinn. It is a great device but I understand your frustration.

Tom
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12