1.    #1  
    Anyone know if the pixi and pre plus will come to sprint?
    Most likely not. However, we should hopefully be getting a new WebOS device on Sprint during the summer.
    I've read lots of other posts about Sprint not getting the Pre or Pixi plus, but I called sprint today to see if they would activate the Pre or Pixi plus and the rep said, yes... now im not sure how informed he was but if there willing to just activate one from Verizon, I say... who cares if it comes or not.

just call and see. I did because I want the palm pre plus, but hate verizons plan prices. Ive been with sprint for many years and not evan Verizon employees can mess with my current plan price... SHOOT no carrier, including metro and cricket evan come close to what I pay :-) "VIVA Sprint"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juan Juice View Post
    now im not sure how informed he was but if there willing to just activate one from Verizon, I say... who cares if it comes or not.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the CSR you spoke with was "not fully informed". Unless there has been a complete 180 in Sprint policy, Sprint has always been notorious for refusing to activate a device with a non-Sprint ESN.

I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, but I'll not be holding my breath.
    id like to know if this is legit. i really want a pixi plus and im on sprint. if this is true i will be looking for a pixi plus ASAP.
    Even if you call Sprint, ask them if they would activate a Plus and they say they would, that's still no guarantee. The only way to test this is to actually buy the Plus and try to get it activated.
    it'd be nice to have the Plus options on Sprint since we'll be the only carrier without them and the only saving grace being the 'new phone'. Palm should've just stopped producing the regular versions and migrated solely to the Plus versions. Breathe a little life to old hardware, possibly tempt some new users with more memory or a wifi Pixi. If I don't like the new form factor of the 2nd gen phone, I'd be fine with a Pixi plus know the OS will only get more efficient. Otherwise, I'll just pick up an Evo and say buh bye to Palm. I'm in philly so I'l enjoy some 4g goodness and pray for a decent portrait on screen keyboard with that huge screen. I'l also say hello again to instant info access with widgets since palm has zero desire to make the background screen do anything but sit and collect dust. No love lost here.
    Is the Pre plus any sturdier than the regular Pre?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    the slider mechanism and keyboard area have been improved, but I think it's incremental at best after playing around with it for a bit. I think the overall design and engineering of it is what it is and was only able to be improved upon so much. Definitely not night and day.
    Palm definitely needs to release a hot new phone on Sprint before June. If not, many of us with "Launch" Pres will upgrade to Evos.

I still like WebOS way better than Android, but you can't deny that the Evo is a really frickin' sweet phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Even if you call Sprint, ask them if they would activate a Plus and they say they would, that's still no guarantee. The only way to test this is to actually buy the Plus and try to get it activated.

DO NOT buy a Verizon Pixi Plus to try to run on Sprint. Sprint will not activate it, regardless of what any clueless rep tells you. The Sprint system will not activate any device that doesn't have a Sprint ESN. Period.
    The Evo is also running Sense which adds a bit of polish to Android as well as improving PIM functionality.Then you add widgets to the mix and it gets even better. My only concern with Android is how fractured it is from phone to phone and mfg to mfg. So many different versions and zero guarantees about what version you can get to before your phone is abandoned and you have to rely on rooting to attempt to keep it current.

Quote Originally Posted by lorcha View Post
    Palm definitely needs to release a hot new phone on Sprint before June. If not, many of us with "Launch" Pres will upgrade to Evos.

I still like WebOS way better than Android, but you can't deny that the Evo is a really frickin' sweet phone.