Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Ok, the Pre owners seem to be able to get their mobile MLB working. But I can't. Does anyone know if
    a) this is a Pixi problem
    - Meaning it can't handle the requirements
    b) a Major league baseball problem
    - them not updating their code
    c) a problem with my phone, not identifying itself correctly

PLEASE HELP.

wap.mlb.com (if you want to try it on your palm pixi).
    What exactly can't you do, access the site? I just tried on my pixi and the site came up.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    the site comes up but I don't get offered the ability to purchase premium. Mlb premium gives you streaming audio and gameday.
    Ah ok, did you try going to the full website?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I've tried everything, at one point I got to a place that said my phone wasn't supported.

I've even tried e-mailing (bounced back) and calling. They told me to e-mail, because Mobile is provided by a 3rd party
    are you sure pixie is on the supported devices list? Don't remember seeing it. I sent many emails month ago asking them why pre was not on list. They must have gotting many of these emails because it is now on the sprint supported device list. Don't ever remember seeing the pixie on the list from any carrier.
    they are very good at returning emails and trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    they are very good at returning emails and trying to help.
    no they aren't.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I'll try sending an e-mail again the one I did send (from their website) bounced back.

I agree with the other that Pixi isn't on the supported devices. As a new owner of the Pixi I am wondering if the Pixi isn't physically able to support it, or that MLB just hasn't added the redirects to include the pixi browser tags.
    I noticed this yesterday too. Today the link is there, I was able to successfully sign up, and now the stream is not working. Sometimes it will even tell me I am connected, but there is no sound. I have tried it both over wifi, and with 3g+5 bar coverage, and still nothing.
    hoping it's a pre season thing, and I can live with that.
    If this **** starts happening durin the season, I'll flip out.

I want access to EVERY GAME just like they advertised.

I always flip out and over react like this about things and watch what will happen, Opening DAy will be here and everything will be perfect and I'll only listen to AL Central games all year.
    LOL
    see right now, its 11:20 in Detroit.

I can see that there are 2 games going on right now.
    Sea vs.SD
    LAD vs. Oak

There are a few station broadcasting them and I cant listen to any of them.
    Right now I'm in my basement next to my router an dI have a full wifi signal.

This tiem however, I'm not getting a "if this doesnt start in 15 seconds" page.

My screen is in a media type looking state "blue with a circle spinning and the screen around saying MLB.com Gameday Audio. at the top menu bar it says "streaming".
    but the play, back, and forward buttons are all darkened at the bottom.

Even the mlb.com choices are duds for me.

Is this product able to play over wifi?

Who knows what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    no they aren't.
    well I guess I am lucky then,,wrote to them 3 times,got quick response everytime
    they told me they have not filpped the switch so to speak yet. It is a pre season thing. They told me all will be up and running soon
    who told you that? becasue the guy I just spoke to told me that everything is up and should be running and agreed that I should be hearing the audio.

He did said that some games aren't broadcasted and thats one thing but if I have a link for a station and it isnt connecting, than I have an issue.

He's gonna have someone call me today from the mobile team and troubleshoot my phone. I will post what happens so that this will be logged for future issues.
    Here are my experiences with the 2010 pre-season games with Mobile Premium on the Palm Pre with Sprint, WebOS ver. 1.4

Some of the pre-season Gameday Audio broadcasts are working.
    Some never completely load on the "Steaming" web app page.
    Some begin loading, but then return to the "if your are not redirected in 15 seconds" webpage.

Also, the audio of the broadcasts that do load seem to be very low normalized volume (as in, I have to crank the volume on my phone all the way up and it still seems relatively quite) and have digital encoding artifacts (voice modulation which make the announcers sound like they're talking through a box fan). It also sounds like they are encoding the AM broadcasts instead of the audio source at the radio station.

I'm guessing, based on some of the other users' comments on this site, that this is a sort of beta test phase for the 2010 broadcasts. Hopefully, the bugs are worked out before the regular season begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkt1153 View Post
    Here are my experiences with the 2010 pre-season games with Mobile Premium on the Palm Pre with Sprint, WebOS ver. 1.4

Some of the pre-season Gameday Audio broadcasts are working.
    Some never completely load on the "Steaming" web app page.
    Some begin loading, but then return to the "if your are not redirected in 15 seconds" webpage.

Also, the audio of the broadcasts that do load seem to be very low normalized volume (as in, I have to crank the volume on my phone all the way up and it still seems relatively quite) and have digital encoding artifacts (voice modulation which make the announcers sound like they're talking through a box fan). It also sounds like they are encoding the AM broadcasts instead of the audio source at the radio station.

I'm guessing, based on some of the other users' comments on this site, that this is a sort of beta test phase for the 2010 broadcasts. Hopefully, the bugs are worked out before the regular season begins.
    Your dead on right. The exact thing is what I get on my Pre.