Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    hello I am thinking of buying my wife a pixi plus. I have a pre on sprint and I know I love it. My question is I know the pixi can't play all the games the pre can, and who would on the smaller screen anyway, but other than that what do you say about the pixi plus. I'm looking to buy it from someone for 140. I would also like to know if you think that is a fair price. I'm looking for someone to sell me on the pixi plus. Like I said I'm a webos user and love it, I just don't know about the pixi or if I should hold out for a pre plus for her.
    The Pixi Plus will only work on Verizon. I mention that, because you mentioned that you are on Sprint.

I have both the Sprint Pre and Pixi. If the Pixi had WiFi, like the Pre, it would probably be my primary phone. I don't typically have time to play 3d games day to day. It is a fine phone.

If I could only have one, it would still be the Pre.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The Pixi Plus will only work on Verizon. I mention that, because you mentioned that you are on Sprint.

I have both the Sprint Pre and Pixi. If the Pixi had WiFi, like the Pre, it would probably be my primary phone. I don't typically have time to play 3d games day to day. It is a fine phone.

If I could only have one, it would still be the Pre.
    oh yes my wife is on verizon I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear. She's definitely not a gamer so you believe it would be a good phone for her? Also I thought the pixi plus had wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    oh yes my wife is on verizon I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear. She's definitely not a gamer so you believe it would be a good phone for her? Also I thought the pixi plus had wifi?
    My wife loves her Pixi, and she is not a gamer in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    Yes, the Pixi Plus has wifi.
    for 140 and no contract to deal with I think is a no brainer. Love the phone and efficient form factor. Wifi is a plus. I use my phone to stream pandora and slacker at the gym and the cell signal stinks, but both have wifi which doesn't help me on Sprint, and my Moment won't stream worth a damn till after the 2.1 update.
    definitely worth it. If she is not a power user, it's one great tiny phone. Amazing how much a phone that size can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    definitely worth it. If she is not a power user, it's one great tiny phone. Amazing how much a phone that size can do.
    I totaly agree
    My mom went to Verizon to check out the Pixi + (on my advice) and mistakenly looked at the Pre +. She's a Blackberry user and didn't like the Pre keyboard.

I still want her to check out the Pixi +. I think she'd be happy with the Exchange and Facebook integration and the Pixi has a much better keyboard. I went to a Verizon store and their display Pixi keyboard was unexpectedly mushy and you couldn't even use it... they hadn't set up a Palm Profile. Whatever you do don't rely on Verizon's advice regarding Palm products. They are clueless.