1.    #1  
    web os dr keeps saying device not connected, have pixi in dev mode and web osqi is newest version. any ideas?
    Did you install the novacom driver?
  3. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Did you try this: Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    ive attemted the novacom reinstallation, and still get the device not found error. is web os doctor compatible with the pre and pixi or are there 2 different versions? ive used this on my pre with no problems but my wifes pixi is not recognized. where can i directly download the novacom drivers at?
    This has been said a zillion different times on here. Turn off the phone. Hold the volume up button. THEN plug the phone into the PC, while holding volume up. You'll see a large USB symbol on your device's screen, and webOS Doctor will recognize it.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 03/21/2010 at 03:03 PM.
  6.    #6  
    well if its that much of an issue for the pixies, than there needs to be a sticky on this topic
    Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    ive attemted the novacom reinstallation, and still get the device not found error. is web os doctor compatible with the pre and pixi or are there 2 different versions? ive used this on my pre with no problems but my wifes pixi is not recognized. where can i directly download the novacom drivers at?
    Ahhh, I may know why. The Pixi uses a different webOS Doctor. You'll need the webOS Doctor version specifically made for the Pixi.
    also note that you can simply press orange +sym+u press all together and you get = usb mode !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    also note that you can simply press orange +sym+u press all together and you get = usb mode !!
    It's a different USB mode, I believe. I don't think webOS Doctor recognizes the USB drive mode, it needs to be put in recovery mode, which is what the volume up while plugging in does.

Could be wrong on that though.
  10.    #10  
    yeah i tried downloading the one from palm for the pixie and i put in my serial number then click next and its says url 404 page not found. even web os quick install will not recognize the pixie. ive tried the steps above about the usb hold volume thing but i guess i need the pixies web os doctor version.
    I didn't notice the fact you were using the Pre webOS Doctor on a Pixi, but uh, yeah, of course that one won't work.

The two phones don't use the same type of ARM CPU, so the software is compiled for the correct CPU on each.
    ive never had to put my phone into usb mode to doctor to be honest .... lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #13  
    ok, so is there also a different version of web os quick install for the pixie? you guys are my pixie gurus here as i own a pre and never messed with my wifes pixie. so this is kinda like me relearning web os but for her pixie. any links to the correct web os dr and web os quick install? palms url page is not found when i enter my serial number for some strange reason. like to find a direct link if possible. thanks
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Quick Install just uses whatever doctor it finds, which should be fine for the Novacom install, because I think they both use the same Novacom. It's the files that get flashed to the device that are the issue for the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Was having the same issue and turning the phone off and back on holding volum up worked like a charm.

Thanks,
    Xalasten