Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    so the battery cover on my pixi is loose and not sticking to the edges anymore. Sprint wants to give me a refurb phone just for that. I posted about that in here and sprint employee told me to go to another store so I did and they did the same thing. So I called sprint and they said palm has not reported this issue so there was nothing they could do. I'm not buying one cux the same problem would prolly happen again. Any advice?
    I really don't understand why people think the refurbs are so bad. It really means that the phone likely went through a second round of testing to ensure it is working properly. Take the refurb, try it out, if there is some problem, just go back to the same store and let them know!
    It's the whole starting your phone from scratch. Even if all your vital info is restored, it still takes time and is a pain. Others have mentioned they won't just let you switch the cover and keep your phone. But the real question is, is it the basic cover or is it the clip part on the phone failing? Until there is a definite answer the refurb is safe. I will echo the sentiments above. I only care about refurbs if I'm within my 30 days or I know there are hardware revisions on the phone.
    it's been my experience that referbs are usually phones that had an issue, have been through quality control and are in better condition than 1st runs. Plus all of your "vital information" is on ur profile which is ported over to the new phone?
    vital...it still doesn't do everything. Plus you've got to do the whole homebrew thing and get all your patches and non market apps back on and so on. It still isn't painless and quick. And it seems stupid if it is a problem with the basic cover and not the phone. If that's true it's stupid to make you take a whole new phone when you just need the rubber.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    yeah its not the phone, its the cover because my friend also has a pixi and i tested it out. I honestly don't want a refurb because Palm refurbs have been known to have problems. I don't wanna redo all of the homebrew stuff and honestly, why would i be forced to get a refurb?
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    yeah its not the phone, its the cover because my friend also has a pixi and i tested it out. I honestly don't want a refurb because Palm refurbs have been known to have problems. I don't wanna redo all of the homebrew stuff and honestly, why would i be forced to get a refurb?
    I agree 100%. Starting over is very inconvenient. I would recommend contacting Sprint customer service and explain the problem in detail. Perhaps they can refer you to a store were it can be repaired or worst case senario, replace your phone with a new one.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    go to a Sprint store during their slow time (close to closing), ask a sales rep NICELY if they will let you swap backs with their demo unit.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Why not just go buy a touchstone compatible cover and kill two birds with one stone? They're like $20, small price to pay for avoiding the hassle of swapping for a refurb. Just my .02...
    when you're over your 30 day window you get a refurb. That's the way it is and normally always has been. Outside of the Pre, I've had good luck with Palm refurbs for many years and never got one that seemed like it was new. I don't believe they have a negative reputation regarding refurbs.

I would look for a repair center and talk to a tech there, not just deal with any old store.

going the touchstone route isn't all peaches and cream. I've crazy glued the metal piece on the door twice now. They should've inside that top edge so your fingernail doesn't dig under the metal piece every time you open the door. But in general, it's a much nicer cover in general, and if you comb ebay you can find a deal every now and then. Got one for $18 and it came with a cable and centro battery. Actually use my old centro as an external charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    I honestly don't want a refurb because Palm refurbs have been known to have problems. I don't wanna redo all of the homebrew stuff and honestly, why would i be forced to get a refurb?
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    my wife's pixi did the same thing. She finally bit the bullet and just bout a touchstone back. It was coming off pretty badly.