Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just ordered a Pixi from Sprint... $49 after rebate seems like a good deal to me. I currently have a centro and Blazer the browser blows so I'm hoping for a better experience.

Question coming up.... I have been with Sprint for about 15 years. I have "unlimited vision" for $5/month... They tried to force me to upgrade to a new data plan, but my really, really old plan still blows anything current away. I spoke to a supervisor and they let me have the pixi and keep my unlimited vision even though Sprint's policy is now EVERY pda must have a data everything plan...

So here's the question: Has anyone else gotten a pixi this way? How many of the apps on there will be accessible, if any, outside of internet? I'm assuming all of the other features like TV, NFL, GPS, etc. will be an additional charge unless I get an everything data plan that has an all-you-can-eat option....

TIA for any info...
    I don't know anything about your Vision plan, but if you can get to the official Palm App Catalog you'll have access to over 1000 apps. There are even more apps through Preware homebrew.
    Sprint was initially very tough about everybody switching plans if getting the pre/pixi. However, given the apparent glut of inventory, they may be more flexible if you get the right manager on the phone.
    I think the phone will be using some amount of data regardless because of the sync it does every day with the Palm Profile and email accounts and etc.

Even if you don't have those, it'll try to sync contacts, I'm not sure if you can turn that off.
    Have you checked your account online to make sure they didn't change your plan when you ordered the phone anyway? If you still have your old plan, great deal!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh7 View Post
    Have you checked your account online to make sure they didn't change your plan when you ordered the phone anyway? If you still have your old plan, great deal!
    I just got an "update" email from Sprint and it doesn't appear they have changed anything. I've got 3 phones, messaging, unlimited internet, and 600 family minutes for under $100/month total so I'm thrilled.
    Great!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Strike that. Sprint people are hopeless. Everyone assured me it would be fine -- supervisors included. Then, when it came time to activate my Pixi, they said they couldn't do it. I either had to change my plan (pretty much double my monthly bill) or return the phone. I returned the pixi. It is a neat device (what little I could see of it). I sent an email to dan@sprint.com and complained. I'm sure it will go nowhere, though. So much for being a sprint customer for 16 years....
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Strike that. Sprint people are hopeless. Everyone assured me it would be fine -- supervisors included. Then, when it came time to activate my Pixi, they said they couldn't do it. I either had to change my plan (pretty much double my monthly bill) or return the phone. I returned the pixi. It is a neat device (what little I could see of it). I sent an email to dan@sprint.com and complained. I'm sure it will go nowhere, though. So much for being a sprint customer for 16 years....
    I know you said you had 3 lines for ~$100...you should be able to get 3 lines for around $125-140 with all taxes with their new plans. Plus it includes 1500-1600 minutes, unlimited data, texts, sprint tv and nav. This will also avoid any hassles when trying to upgrade phones for the near future.

Either look at their lowest everything family plan and see if you're eligible for a discount through work/school (usually 15-25%).

Or go to Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program. Do a google search for russ mcguire for the employee referral code. The lowest family plan there should put you around 140 including taxes...and then you can get any phone you want!
    don't get ticked at sprint because they have incompetent people working for them. It'll just get you frustrated. You seem like you had an idea you were getting one over on them so you should just take it as you enjoyed the ride for as long as you could. For a few the system did allow overrides, and this was a bit ago, but that's been fixed, and I haven't heard or seen evidence of anyone getting the premier phones activated on old plans.

But the new family plans include everything and the kitchen sink for not much more money. Using nav once in a blue moon and not carrying a separate gps is a nice enough plus. Combined with YPMobile (yellow page, in app catalog), it's great for finding anything. NFL is going away since Verizon outbid them. But you still have nascar