1.    #1  
    While Otterbox has been mum since announcing their Palm Pre case at CES...they've snuck a couple of Pixi cases into the mix and they're available now.

Check them out here:
    Palm Pixi Cases // OtterBox.com
    Looks great, killer design...but how easy is to remove on a daily basis? The no Touchstone back is almost a deal-killer for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Looks great, killer design...but how easy is to remove on a daily basis? The no Touchstone back is almost a deal-killer for me...
    they have USB port cutouts.
    I thought most of the draw of the Otterbox cases is that a lot of them are waterproof and super-rugged and all that sort of stuff, but none of the Palm ones are. Are they still worth it to people for $40 with being that way?
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    I think the case is well worth 40 bucks. As for being waterproof I think they only have a hand full of "waterproof" cases. I'll have one for my Pixi for sure, and once that tandem case drops for the pre... I have him too!
    Quote Originally Posted by C4pt View Post
    I think the case is well worth 40 bucks. As for being waterproof I think they only have a hand full of "waterproof" cases. I'll have one for my Pixi for sure, and once that tandem case drops for the pre... I have him too!
    So, looks like the commuter case is in stock now?

Palm Pixi Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com
    I wonder when Amazon will carry them...

Amazon.com: Otter Box Palm
    Not another screen protector overlay...

[sigh.]
    http://www.otterbox.com/pdfs/plm4-pixi1-info.pdf

I'll go with the basic model...
    Has anybody gotten one of these yet?
    perfect for my clumsy sister!

I ordered one, I will review it once I get it...

Not really review but my sister is very clumsy and drops her phone alot, so i'll let you know if its working...

I'll also review the installation removal on a daily basis and that sort of thing
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by C4pt View Post
    A few years back, when Otterbox was just starting to get some name recognition, waterproof cases was all they did. They had a cases for non-phone Palm Pilots and PocktPCs that could be used to a depth of 100 meters or some such crazy thing.

These days, they've branched out because hardly anybody buys that stuff after market anymore. It was a seriously niche market to begin with. People who use a PDA, need it to be ruggedized and/or waterproof, yet either want the ability to strip off the rugged part or don't buy enough units to buy from Symbol or one of the other companies building them ruggedized out of the box.
    which version to get for Pixi?
    Wonder if these babies will handle larger batteries...
    My son just got a Pixi so I am definitely in the market for a sturdy case for him, his old LG rumor looks like it got used for target practice with a BB gun....