1.    #1  
    My son bought himself a Palm Pixi. I've produced a bunch of videos comparing his Pixi to my Pre.

shows this odd problem with the Pixi ringer switch. I returned that Pixi to Best Buy w/in the 30 days of purchasing the device and they happily replaced it with a brand new Pixi that did not have the ringer switch problem.

And life was good for about 3 months... well except for his extreme disappointment in not being able to get 3D games. But that's a sore subject. Let's not talk about it, please.

Then that Pixi developed the ringer switch problem. So I took it to Sprint, who swapped it for a refurb... which lasted less than 1 week before it developed a host of problems:
    • Certain frequencies in songs would translate into an odd high pitched whistle. This showed up in MP3s, Pandora, Slacker & Radio Time.
    • The ringer switch started flipping out
    • Eventually the entire external speaker just shut off altogether

So that one went back.

I got the replacement today. And it's the 4th Pixi that has a ringerswitch problem like in the video! This one already has an advanced case of it. Unless you push on the upper right hand corner (near the ringer switch) the phone is permanently in vibrate mode.

So here's my question: Have I just had a run of terrible luck or have other people experienced consistent build problems w/the Pixi?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    bad luck. There are other quality threads, and I think you're in the minority. We have three or four pixis in the office, and I haven't seen any of the issues you mentioned, though someone in another thread did have the switch issue develop after he got his pixi back from palm.
    OMG! That sucks for you and your son. Why don't they just give him a brand new one?

And the only problem I've had with my pixi besides it being slow as hell, is the battery magnet on the ts cover and regular cover. The magnets keep coming off and I have to go to sprint so they can glue it back on. Its really annoying. I might just rip the cover off.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    My son bought himself a Palm Pixi. I've produced a bunch of videos comparing his Pixi to my Pre.

shows this odd problem with the Pixi ringer switch. I returned that Pixi to Best Buy w/in the 30 days of purchasing the device and they happily replaced it with a brand new Pixi that did not have the ringer switch problem.

Then that Pixi developed the ringer switch problem. So I took it to Sprint, who swapped it for a refurb... which lasted less than 1 week before it developed a host of problems:
    • Certain frequencies in songs would translate into an odd high pitched whistle. This showed up in MP3s, Pandora, Slacker & Radio Time.
    • The ringer switch started flipping out
    • Eventually the entire external speaker just shut off altogether

So that one went back.

I got the replacement today. And it's the 4th Pixi that has a ringerswitch problem like in the video! This one already has an advanced case of it. Unless you push on the upper right hand corner (near the ringer switch) the phone is permanently in vibrate mode.

So here's my question: Have I just had a run of terrible luck or have other people experienced consistent build problems w/the Pixi?
    I returned my first Pixi for the same issue, after the first week the ringer switch started acting strange. It wouldn't stay in the "on" mode. No matter how many times I flipped it, it would go back to vibrate mode...and I was worried if I was, or was going to miss calls, 'cause I don't always have it in my pocket in vibrate mode.

Anyhoo, took it back, Verizon swapped it out, but the second one had odd buzzing at certain frequencies as you mentioned from the earpiece. Wasn't really that bad, but definitely annoying. Took that one back too, only three days after switching out the other one.

So now I'm on my third Pixi. This one doesn't have any of the other twos issues.

Can't really say about build quality. The VZW people said they haven't had anyone bring back a Pixi (at least at that store) so far. Everything else about the phone is fine...although my GF says there is too much echo when using the speakerphone.

My call quality on my end is the best I've had of any cell phone, better than my Centro for sure...it certainly feels more solid and of "one piece" than a Pre.