Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let me preface this:

I love WebOS, and my Pixi is an excellent phone when it is not acting up.

Lately.... it's been not working right. It randomly turns off (not because the battery is dead), and it won't turn on until I plug it in. When it finally boots up it'll show that the battery is at least 50% charged, usually more.

It locks up a lot, especially in the app "Destroids", although I'll give Palm a pass on that, as it may be the app or something.

Since 1.35 I have been getting the "Sorry, too many cards open!" error a LOT. For a long time I got it literally for any program I opened, even if there are no programs open at that time. This may have nothing to do with 1.35. I didn't own the phone too long before 1.35 came out.

I think the backlight on the keyboard is 3 or 4 LEDs, and at least one of those LEDs is intermittently crapping out, because the left side usually not lit up, although sometimes it is.

I sorta wish that I waited until the Pre Plus came out and then jumped ship to Verizon, but oh well.

Do these things have warranty? I bought mine in December, which means it was probably more than 90 days, and I have no idea what the warranty is on these things. I only ask about that because at least some of the problems are hardware related.

Thanks for any advice/tips. I kinda needed to rant a little.
    I'm pretty sure you have a 1-yr warranty on the phone with Sprint or Palm. You mentioned the LEDs are flaking out. I'd get it exchanged immediately. Go to your local Sprint store. Also explain to them the software issues you're having. Be nice, of course, but be firm in requesting an exchange.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks bro. I don't have a Sprint store that close, the closest bet is Radio Shack. I doubt they'll help me out, eh? I bought the phone directly from Sprint over the phone.
    Glad to help. I'd call Radio Shack and at least inquire about an exchange. The worst they can say is no. Better to do that over the phone than driving to RS and get turned down. You can also call Sprint, but if you do an exchange with them they'll most likely have you mail your phone in...so you'll be out of a phone for however long it takes them to send out another one.
    Oh but in the mean time, to alleviate some of your software issues you might try upgrading to webOS 1.4. Have you done that?
    call Palm. Often times a battery pull for 10 minutes will cure any issues. You can also go to Device info pull down the menu and do the interactive tests. These might be good to do before you call Palm. Good luck.
  7.    #7  
    Oh I didn't know there were tests I could run. I am currently using 1.4, I should have mentioned that. The "too many cards" issue got a lot worse since 1.4 but I hear that's a fairly common thing.
    you might also clear your browser history and cache and delete your call list. The less your phone has to remember the better. Also about twice a week I press grey+sym+R and wait a few seconds for the phone restart. This clears any memory leaks that can lead to the "too many cards" issue. I've only had that once but I had left 11 cards open at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmylanman View Post
    Oh I didn't know there were tests I could run. I am currently using 1.4, I should have mentioned that. The "too many cards" issue got a lot worse since 1.4 but I hear that's a fairly common thing.
    When we got my wife's Pixi it was running 1.3.1. I did an over-the-air in-place upgrade to 1.4. Once it completed she started getting the Too many Cards error, too. I decided to Doctor it back to 1.3.1 and then Doctor up to 1.4. Since then it's been smooth sailing.
    there are known bugs in webos 1.4. Palm will be releasing a small update soon, (1.4.1 or something) so if none of these things work and you can hold out a few weeks I would do that.

If after the new update, you still have these problems I would start the return/exchange process.
  11.    #11  
    Well even if the software stuff gets fixed the lights on my keyboard were broken, so I took it to Sprint (there's a new one close to me I didn't know about). They ordered a new Pixi, so I'll be squared away (hopefully) within a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmylanman View Post
    Well even if the software stuff gets fixed the lights on my keyboard were broken, so I took it to Sprint (there's a new one close to me I didn't know about). They ordered a new Pixi, so I'll be squared away (hopefully) within a week.
    Great! Let us know how things go when you get the new one.
  13.    #13  
    It made me appreciate not having to jailbreak my phone (way to go Apple), since they had to give it a once over before they agreed to do any service or replacement, lol.
  14.    #14  
    So I got my replacement Pixi (a refurbished one from Palm I guess), and it's also showing some odd behavior. I noticed it'd seemingly randomly vibrate in my hand, and I eventually narrowed it down to the ringer switch. If I press on the ringer switch (pressing "in", not up or down, the phone will vibrate). My other one did not do this. Is this normal behavior?
    Not normal. Send it back.
  16.    #16  
    Ugh. This is starting to get old.
    I know it. Very frustrating. But I promise you there are good Pixies out there, my wife has one.
  18.    #18  
    Well I got the new Pixi on order. They were super quick to do it too, which surprised me since (from the outside) I could see how it'd be nitpicking a its finest. The lady quickly placed an order for a replacement Pixi though.

I might end up trying to get a Pre instead, if this next Pixi has problems. Couldn't hurt, and having WiFi would be nice since reception could stand to be better at my house.
    I hope it comes in soon. What a frustrating experience. Don't let it sour you on the phone just yet! WebOS is worth it.
  20.    #20  
    Yeah, I really like WebOS. I was thinking about jumping ship to the Nexus One, but Android looks so ugly to me. Blackberry doesn't do it for me. And I'm pretty Anti-Apple, so the iPhone is out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast