Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blackberries, oh man, gag me with a spoon. I tried to use one before and it was horrible...using that dumb scroll wheel all the time to move from menu to menu. Tedious! My brother has an HTC Hero on Sprint...it's ok, but it's certainly not as smooth and silky as webOS. Not to mention the Hero is slooooow.
    I actually have a recently found problem: sometimes when scrolling with my thumb up/down, it registers several other touches all over the screen. for instance if im trying to scroll through my texts and keep my finger on the screen, I notice a bunch of the ripple indicators all over the screen and it will just select something at random. this only occurs when my finger is on the right half of the screen and has only happened twice so far. It is solved with a reset (not just luna reset) but nonetheless is starting to worry me. Anyone else experience anything of the sort? If it keeps up, I do have insurance but I would like to determine the root cause of this first...
    Netzer119, I have not seen that. I asked the wife about it since she's got the Pixi, she reports no problem like that. If you feel inclined, have you tried to use webOS Doctor on your Pixi to reload the OS?
    yea its very odd and like I said has only happened twice so far. I'm pretty sure it started after I installed the facebook patch. I removed that patch yesterday since it didnt work as i'd hoped so hopefully that wont happen again...I shall wait patiently and see...
    one...there hasn't been a scroll wheel on a BB in ages. The trackpads are actually very nice and responsive.

two...the Pixi gets plenty of lag at times and is hardly faster than the Hero. I owned both. And 2.1 is coming in the next few weeks for Android which should also improve performance since 1.5 wasn't optimized or meant to work on CDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    ...using that dumb scroll wheel all the time to move from menu to menu. Tedious! My brother has an HTC Hero on Sprint...it's ok, but it's certainly not as smooth and silky as webOS. Not to mention the Hero is slooooow.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  6.    #26  
    Well, I am going to get my Pixi replaced, and put it in the drawer as a backup or something. I found a Pre for dirt cheap that is practically brand new (it was a giveaway from Sprint evidently), but he already had a phone that he liked.

Netzer, your problem sounds really weird. The touchscreen may be crapping out if you keep getting that. Occasionally mine says I am tapping when I am really scrolling, but not usually. That may be a dirty screen, though. Probably nothing at all like what youre' getting.
    I blame the falling of Palm on this- shoddy workmanship.

Did they not learn from their Handspring parents? Make good solid stuff. That's why we all have Palms. Funny thing though- I havent seen a solid phone come out of Palm since the Treo 600. I thought it was the Pixi, had one for a week. Seemed awesome- then you get all this garbage. Coupled with a complete lack of any software- and I dumped it all for the Iphone. Save yourself a lot of headaches and copy me. Goodbye Palm, you blew it.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
  8.    #28  
    Got my third Pixi now (still waiting on the Pre to arrive), and guess what.

RINGER SWITCH BROKEN AFTER ONE DAY. No matter if it's up or down it's always on vibrate. Can't adjust volume at all, it just gives the vibrate icon. If I push it in pretty hard while up it'll turn the ringer on, but only briefly.

Just wow.

I'm starting to get frustrated bigtime, good thing I have a Pre coming, although those have their own slew of problems I hear. Hopefully my luck turns around. I like WebOS a lot.
    there's always the possibility of a bad lot or two or so, especially if you're getting multiple ones with the problem from the same locations.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    there's always the possibility of a bad lot or two or so, especially if you're getting multiple ones with the problem from the same locations.
    Well they're all getting shipped in from Sprint or Palm, they never have replacement ones in stock, but this one is fairly old, it had WebOS 1.3.1 on it.
    that has to be newer than the one I got last month. It had 1.2.9 installed. No issues so far.
  12.    #32  
    My first Pixi lasted me almost 3 months before the backlight went out for half of the keyboard. Then these other two had ringer switch issues.
    well then I got nothing...haha. We have a few around the office with no problems.
    another issue...i havent gotten the weird ripple indicator problem since i removed the facebook patch but this past week i noticed another issue that my old winmo phone used to do...sometimes when i get a text the phone will vibrate for about 5 seconds. i thought i was just imagining it but its happened about 3 times this past week. It does it randomly and is not a big deal but obviously is a sign that something is wrong. anyone else experience anything like it??
    I have had my Pixi a week as of tomorrow. So far I love it, the only issue I have is during voicecalls, it makes weird feedback noise or whatever when the other person is talking. It does this on speakerphone as well. It doesn't distort the other voice, just sounds like there is another static-like noise. It doesn't do it with the ringers/alerts, playing videos from YouTube or videos I took, or with Sprint Navigation (or TV or Radio). Only during phone calls (including voicemail). I have good reception & haven't used the jack for headphones or Bluetooth or anything like that. Any ideas?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12