Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really like the Pixi for a number of reasons, especially the size. I am a heavy business user, and find the phone great for business use. I do wish though that Palm could release a more business "looking" Pixi device. The Pixi (besides the name) really does look like a kid's phone.

What about some curves like the Blackberry Tour has?

Am i the only one who feels embarrassed to plop the Pixi down on the conference table beside everyone's iphone and Blackberry Tour?
    Why feel embarrassed? It doesn't look like a kids phone IMHO. I'm currently sporting the Pre but if the Pixi had the same "guts" I'd be on the Pixi bandwagon in a heart beat. Don't be embarrassed, be proud. The form factor of the Pixi is what holds the appeal.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Why feel embarrassed? It doesn't look like a kids phone IMHO. I'm currently sporting the Pre but if the Pixi had the same "guts" I'd be on the Pixi bandwagon in a heart beat. Don't be embarrassed, be proud. The form factor of the Pixi is what holds the appeal.
    Don't get me wrong, I am a proud Palm user.. And I love the form factor, I just wish it had more "business" curves/lines..
    In my opinion giving it the curves would make it look more like a blackberry which is probably not what Palm wanted. The form factor is similar enough to entice BB users but different enough that when people see it they know it's not a BB which I think is by design. Perhaps a slightly wider build like most BB's could have helped from people thinking it looks like a kids phone but that's just a thought. It is rather "sharp" around the front edges, so maybe a little smoother look to it, but I think it goes nicely with the Pre considering the Pre's keyboard has that sharp angled look as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am a proud Palm user.. And I love the form factor, I just wish it had more "business" curves/lines..
    Why not just get a Pre?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Why not just get a Pre?
    The Pixi is the perfect size/weight. I had the Pre but really dont like slider phones. The form factor of the Pixi is perfect for me.
    IMO the Pixi doesn't look any stranger or better than any other candy bar out there.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    The Pixi is the perfect size/weight. I had the Pre but really dont like slider phones. The form factor of the Pixi is perfect for me.
    If the form factor is perfect for you then there's nothing to be embarrassed about then is there.
    I think the Pixi is a nice looking phone, I just prefer the larger screen on the Pre.

A beefier portrait QWERTY non-slider is possible, but I think there are a couple form factors ahead of it. If I were in charge, I'd do a slab next, followed by the Pre2 (which the Pre Plus is not), then a landscape slider.

What if Palm pretty much just took the Treo Pro and changed the OS, screen and controls and made it into a webOS device?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post

What if Palm pretty much just took the Treo Pro and changed the OS, screen and controls and made it into a webOS device?
    That would be quite cool.

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    A beefier portrait QWERTY non-slider is possible, but I think there are a couple form factors ahead of it. If I were in charge, I'd do a slab next, followed by the Pre2 (which the Pre Plus is not), then a landscape slider.

I wouldn't change the size of the Pixi, but rather square it up a little (like the BB Tour) to make it look more "professional". Perhaps add wifi and more memory as well. Obviously, the Pixi was not designed to target business people. I'm also not crazy about the dots/holes on the touchstone back cover.

Am i the only one who feels embarrassed to plop the Pixi down on the conference table beside everyone's iphone and Blackberry Tour?
    Not me! I always place it face down so the silver Palm logo is facing up. I find people stretching their neck to see what I've got.

Perhaps add wifi and more memory as well.
    You must have missed the memo about the Pixi+ (has WiFi).
  13.    #13  
    You must have missed the memo about the Pixi+ (has WiFi).
    Sorry i didn't clarify - I am with Sprint and can't/won't change to Verizon. No home network in my area!
    Why be embarrassed? When I show others how productive I am on my Pixi, there is no doubt that the Pixi is a very capable business tool. And most people are lustful at the form, keyboard, weight and solid feel of the phone. Swipe back and forth between email, calendar and other apps and watch them drool!
    make the front a matte finish instead of gloss and make it just a hair wider, and you'd have a very down to business pixi. (oh and change the name obviously)
    the name is the only drawback. I usually just say it's the new Palm phone or joke that it takes a real man to carry a Pixi.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I have to admit that the chicklet keyboard put me off when I first saw the Pixi, but I've gotten used to it. It just didn't look as "serious" or "expensive" as the Blackberry Bold type keyboards. I have to admit that I've adapted to the small keyboard much better than I expected. I have even gotten to the point where I whip out my Pixi Plus at business meetings just so that people know that I am not just another iPhone or Blackberry drone like most others in the room.

Now, if Palm were to introduce a bigger candy bar phone I would jump on that without thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    the name is the only drawback. I usually just say it's the new Palm phone or joke that it takes a real man to carry a Pixi.
    As much as I like showing off the phone, I admit that sometimes I mumble the name.

True techies are impressed by the power put into such a small package. The average person may think small means cheap or toy-like. But, the Pixi is very respectable.
    +1 on this. Hoping thde Elan would be it.
    wow...It's black, rubberized and thin. Outside of the overall size, how much more Henry Ford can you get? BB Curves are business like? They are as cheap and toy like as you can get. I get more positive comments about the Pixi from business people and it's usually of a jealous or envious nature that the phone is that small and still capable.

And more squared? So the Treo Pro wasn't professional looking enough? They have very similar styling cues. And I actually wouldn't mine seeing the next gen somewhere in the middle of the two.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast