Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @crogs,

You have the Pixi?
    Just call me Berd.
    I actually own both now on Sprint. Picked up a fairly new Pre for $100 so I could play around with the overclocking. It's not bad. Not earth shattering either. Both have their pluses and minuses. Just can't tell which one I want for a daily user. Though it won't matter much in two weeks. Figure at least with the Pre, it's easier to keep it up to date since it has wifi unless an update makes me start from scratch.

You on the fence of which one to get? I have a feeling the Pre would be the one I'd keep if I had to keep one or the other,strictly from the difference in the internals. Better processor, more memory, and it's the one that gets the goodies first when it comes to tinkering. The extra memory in the Pre Plus would give it another notch in the win column as well. Had a 16gb card in my Moment and had a bit over 8gb filled. The larger screen has me inclined to throw some more work oriented files on it (pdf's, ppts and some vids and photos). That's one thing I did more on my Moment than I did on the Pixi. Though I still miss the microSD slot. So much easier to pop it into other laptops and computers when I'm without a cable.

Could've been more than what you were looking for in an answer.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    This is a mockup I made awhile back.

Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    ^

Pre Specs, same size screen as Pre?

Where do I buy?
    Just call me Berd.
    you would've thought with the Treo Pro and the Pre out there they could've easily ditched a lot of bezel, made the Pixi a touch wider and filled up the remaining space with screen. I'd take the Pre's screen size in a Pixi form factor any day of the week. Making it a touch wider would also relax the spacing of the keyboard as well which is already excellent.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    What if Palm pretty much just took the Treo Pro and changed the OS, screen and controls and made it into a webOS device?
    Don't know if by "controls" you meant the keyboard...IMO the Pixi's KB is vastly superior to the Treo Pro's.

I agree 100% with crogs571.... make the device very slightly wider (2-3mm), reduce the size of the bezel and perhaps the gesture area below the screen, and expand the screen accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    What if Palm pretty much just took the Treo Pro and changed the OS, screen and controls and made it into a webOS device?
    That's exactly what my mockup is. A hybrid between the Treo Pro and the Pixi.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I've mentioned and mocked up in threads long before this. The best thing to do is submit your thoughts to Palm's feedback. Apparently they do listen, especially if there are enough voices. I submitted my better Pixi thoughts months ago.

I'm using the Pre at the moment, and looking at it in open form, it's not overly tall and one could easily invision flattening the sides, lowering the keyboard and shifting everything down. I think the Pre's screen is the perfect size for a 2nd gen Pixi. In a thin candybar for factor with better internals, many of us would be on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I've mentioned and mocked up in threads long before this. The best thing to do is submit your thoughts to Palm's feedback. Apparently they do listen, especially if there are enough voices. I submitted my better Pixi thoughts months ago.

I'm using the Pre at the moment, and looking at it in open form, it's not overly tall and one could easily invision flattening the sides, lowering the keyboard and shifting everything down. I think the Pre's screen is the perfect size for a 2nd gen Pixi. In a thin candybar for factor with better internals, many of us would be on board.
    Yeah I made my mockup in November 2009. I should have sent it to Palm! Good idea.

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...look-like.html
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    This is a mockup I made awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    ^

Pre Specs, same size screen as Pre?

Where do I buy?
    I am absolutely serious.
    If it had the same size screen as the Pre.
    I'd buy it right this instant.

If they really want to put hardware issues behind them, then in addition to this phone with a full slate version is what they need.
    Just call me Berd.
    I remember that mockup. Still not too late to send it in.

If they had a 2nd gen pixi and a full slate with a 3.8" screen, they'd be in business. Removable storage would be key also. If they really wanted to screw with the competition, (2) microSD slots with an 8gb card included. Forget the progressive upgrade. Two slots for a potential 64gb in a phone would be unheard of.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12