1.    #1  
    So I took a couple pictures two weeks or so ago, and now they are gone. It is possible that a friend accidentally deleted them, but I think she would have told me. The weird thing is that I set one of the pictures as my wallpaper, and the wallpaper is still there, but the picture is not in the photo roll or anywhere else I can think of. Another of the pictures is set as a friend's i.d. picture, which still shows up during calls and whatnot. My question is: is there an explanation for this? Something that I'm missing? I'm still new. Or perhaps if there isn't an explanation, has this happened to anyone else? Are my pictures hiding or are they simply gone for good? Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Thanks to the article and information gathered by Derek about WebOS 1.4 bugs. I noticed a few days ago when I was backing up some recent photos that there were multiples of the same file, but they weren't the same picture. I guess that should have tipped me off that the camera was overwriting photos. Now that I know that it was a WebOS 1.4 bug (one of several that I have experienced), I suppose the question is answered. Either way, now I am backing up all new pictures. The new question is: how to fix it?
    You can't fix it. We'll have to wait for Palm to issue an update.
    Use Jason's patch. It works great. I've been using it since it has been around and it works great!

Find it Preware or you can just install the patch with his WebOS Quick Install.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2260440
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    That's nice there's a patch for it, but it's sad Palm hasn't issued an update to correct this bad flaw. Thanks for the info, Achill3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    That's nice there's a patch for it, but it's sad Palm hasn't issued an update to correct this bad flaw. Thanks for the info, Achill3s.
    The thing is, this issue doesn't happen with all Pre's. My Pre wasn't experiencing this issue when I started to use this patch in prior WebOS versions. I didn't have it for a while in 1.4 because I was waiting for it to be updated by Jason for 1.4 but while I didn't have it, I still didn't experience this issue with the stock camera setup (and I take many, many pics with my Pre).

The reason I was using it is because I like the time-stamp that this patch uses for the images. The patch renames the images with a PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.jpg style which is awesome.

However, I do know that it's a pain to those that the issue is affecting. Hopefully, Palm can address it soon for those that it does affect.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all your help guys, I'll have to give it a try.
    Samsung SCH-a870 -> LG EnV 2 -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Refurb Palm Pixi Plus