1.    #1  
    Just bought my pixi on Sat and for some reason or another clicked on a Verizon ad for the pixi (guess I wanted to gloat).
    To my surprise I find that they are offering the pixi and pre for $29.99 and $79.99 respectively!

This is versus the $79.99 and $149.99 price points in their retail stores as of 4 days ago! This is of course after an "online" discount of $50, but *** come on Verizon! I called the store where I bought it and to cut to the chase they told me this was not surprising and that they (retail stores) do not honor online pricing, last time I checked both of their names where VZW!

see verizon wireless main site for proof (I cant post links yet!)

Anyways, I then called customer support to find the real answers. They told me that it was like if a store has a special price one week and not the next they would not be able to discount to the lower price. Thats where my head almost flew off! I asked them to explain to me when the "online" pricing started and they could not tell me. The lady folded like a wet deck of cards and said she was mailing out my rebate ASAP.

This could be read a rant (kinda is) however, being new to the palm world, I figured I would tell you guys who are in my same boat, that you should demand your rebate! Don't give up, if you do they win!

PS palm pixi is sweet!

Quid pro quo: can anyone tell me if you can dl from ircW client directly to phone?
    Last edited by neo2214; 03/10/2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: forgot source!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    yeah, 29.99 and 79.99 are real good prices for the pixi n pre. I paid $1.08 for my pre march 1st. Guess you just gotta know where to find the good deals huh

On another note, how are you enjoying your pixi? i came from a tp2 to the pre and simply LOVE the web OS! it is awesome!
  3.    #3  
    It only my second smartphone, coming from the blackberry storm. So, comparably its night and day. The os is a blast to use, just hope I don't end up getting screwed over like sprint users...
    Quote Originally Posted by neo2214 View Post
    Just bought my pixi on Sat and for some reason or another clicked on a Verizon ad for the pixi (guess I wanted to gloat).
    To my surprise I find that they are offering the pixi and pre for $29.99 and $79.99 respectively!

This is versus the $79.99 and $149.99 price points in their retail stores as of 4 days ago! This is of course after an "online" discount of $50, but *** come on Verizon! I called the store where I bought it and to cut to the chase they told me this was not surprising and that they (retail stores) do not honor online pricing, last time I checked both of their names where VZW!

see verizon wireless main site for proof (I cant post links yet!)

Anyways, I then called customer support to find the real answers. They told me that it was like if a store has a special price one week and not the next they would not be able to discount to the lower price. Thats where my head almost flew off! I asked them to explain to me when the "online" pricing started and they could not tell me. The lady folded like a wet deck of cards and said she was mailing out my rebate ASAP.

This could be read a rant (kinda is) however, being new to the palm world, I figured I would tell you guys who are in my same boat, that you should demand your rebate! Don't give up, if you do they win!

PS palm pixi is sweet!

Quid pro quo: can anyone tell me if you can dl from ircW client directly to phone?
    You have 30 days to return your phone by law. Just do it and buy it at the lower price.
  5.    #5  
    Well she already mailed me my rebate for the difference so no need to do that. But on that note I asked the rep if I could do that and was told I could but would be charged a $35 restock fee!
    I think those people in the retail store and those do the online or phone service are not communicating with each other. They do not know the policy of each other. And most of the time. They have really different policy.
    The Flying Squirrel
    I still have 10 days left on my 30 day trial.

Bought the phone for 79.99 at a Verizon store.

I now see the Pixi is free online in several places.

Should I return it? Is there any way around the $35 restock fee? Or just call and complain and get a 50 dollar rebate?
  8.    #8  
    Thats what I did! Tell them you never got your rebate, worse come to worse you still get $15 back.