1.    #1  
    so i have a palm centro thats has 130 contacts in it. best buy was unable to get them transferred to my new pixi (centro wouldnt connect to their device...). i called palm and they reffed me to the sprint store. they did this for me when i got my centro and it didnt send any thing more than the number. i have addresses, bdays, and anniversaries. rather not do that if i dont have to. so i got creative and took my centro and connected my work mac to the phone over bluetooth and exported my contacts that way. this worked as all 130 went into address book. i emailed it to my self. downloaded and opened it on my pixi, contacts went in...but only 30 sum.... i tried to connect the pixi and the centro over bt but they didnt wanna talk. my pixi WILL not fine ANY bluetooth. (theres about 100+ computers with bt) just says its searching for audio device. i go tmy pixi to connect to my computer here at work with bt but it wouldnt lemme send files to it. my centro would never sync wiht my roomie's desktop so i have no backups. and my home computer is a mac G3 running os 10.4, 300+ Ghz and 300+ mb RAM. im atta lose guys, any one have any other creative suggestions for me?
    Last edited by nekoboi; 03/04/2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Several options:

Palm's own data migration:

Palm.com : Data Transfer Assistant (Windows)

(They have one for Mac too)

Export a .csv file from Outlook, import into Google Contacts.

If you need to get the contacts into Outlook or Palm Desktop, just do a one-way hotsync.
    +1
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Several options:

Palm's own data migration:

Data Transfer Assistant (Windows)

(They have one for Mac too)

Export a .csv file from Outlook, import into Google Contacts.

If you need to get the contacts into Outlook or Palm Desktop, just do a one-way hotsync.
    centro no longer has a connection to any thing and it will not sync with the computer. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by nekoboi View Post
    centro no longer has a connection to any thing and it will not sync with the computer. :/
    And people here say bluetooth file transfer isn't needed.
  6.    #6  
    very annoying how they didnt include that into the pixi, unless im mistaken....o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by nekoboi View Post
    very annoying how they didnt include that into the pixi, unless im mistaken....o.O
    your not mistaken. There is no bluetooth file transfer.
  8.    #8  
    *would like to take a moment to thank palm and their stupidity*
    If you have the contacts on your Mac, then I would work on getting them off there and into Google.
    try beaming a contact on your centro. Answer yes to turn infrared port on. Take it to Sprint Store and it should connect with their transfer device now. I had a similar problem with my old centro. This was the only way to get the IR port to turn on. Good luck.
  11.    #11  
    the pixi has ir on it? o.O i thought it didnt
  12.    #12  
    that actually helped, exported the vcard and imported it into google contacts. synced my phone with my google acct and every thing was there give or take. missing bdays but i got those in my centro still so thanks =^_^=
  13.    #13  
    For those of you that are looking at this wondering what i did lemme break it down for you. (mac version) you will need a computer with bluetooth.

on you centro turn on bluetooth, and go into your contacts. tap in the upper left and select send group i think it was. send it to your computer. open address book and from the File menu select Import. select the document you sent rom your centro to your phone and import it all into your address book. once that is done select File>export>export vcard. once you have that done open safari/firefox (which ever browser your using) and go to contacts.google.com and make sure you sign in. over to the rite you will see import, click it and select the vcard you exported from address book then click import. you may have to try more than once as my first attempt to import into google failed (unknown error). once you have that open your concats on your pixi and add an acct. add your goole acct. then once thats added you shoudl beable to tell it to sync and after a min or 2 you SHOULD have all your centro contacts on your pixi.

note: in these said contacts you will have notes, its useless information from the centro and you can feel free to delete it. it will also NOT transfer you birthday or anniversary information either. its a bit of a hassle but it works.

sorry i dont know how to do this on a pc but it should be relatively the same process give or take.
    The pixi doesn't have an IR port. Sprint uses the IR on the centro to copy contacts to their black box. They would connect the pixi to the black box via usb. Glad you got the vcard to work. That's how I did it too.