1.    #1  
    I know this is kind of unimportant and all, but I somehow accidentally broke the little piece that allows the battery flap to remain shut on my pixi. I guess I must have accidentally torn it off while opening the flap to put the charger in last night when it was dark (hehh). so anyway, now the little flap is alwys kind of folded out and it's just a tad annoying. I know it's not -thatt- important, but it's just kinda distracting; is there anything I could do to possibly fix this? I tried looking for the piece on the ground, but it's probably in the same place all the things in the world go when they get lost. SIGH.
    Getting a new back cover may be the only way, but whoever designed that battery flap should be fired...right now. This has to be the most annoying phone to plug into the charger, ever in life.
  3.    #3  
    and exactly how much does a new back cover cost / where can I purchase one? I'm not going to deal with this annoying flap. :P
    if you have insurance sprint will replace it for free. And they will fix your touchstone one to if the magnet came off on that one to.
  5.    #5  
    really? sprint insurance will replace the back cover for free? or is there a deductible? I do have the insurance though!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    this also happened to my pixi standard back and ts back. I took an exacto knife to those flaps and cut them off. Much improved, I could never get the flap open anyway. Take off the back first to cut off the flap
    Hey, My magnet on the back cover fell off so I went on the Palm Chat and requested they they replaced it. Within 3 days I had me new back-cover. (thanks to FedEx Overnight)
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    if you have insurance sprint will replace it for free. And they will fix your touchstone one to if the magnet came off on that one to.
    It sounds to me like you're confusing insurance with warranty. Insurance on
    Sprint does indeed have a deductible, it used to be $50, but I think they raised it last year. But if Sprint deems it to be a warranty issue, they will indeed replace it, no charge, no questions.
    I'm assuming you're on Sprint...

I suggest you take your Pixi to the nearest Sprint repair center. Don't just take it to any Sprint retailer. The repair centers have techs on site. If you don't know where one is, you might have to go to the nearest retailer and ask them (they're difficult to get on the phone). At the repair center, the tech will look at it and determine if you need to use insurance or if they can replace it under the warranty. I'd be surprised if they don't replace it under the warranty. If they suggest insurance, don't take their first answer, try to be a little persistent, talk to the manager if needed.

Another thing to think about is, do you have a touchstone? If not, it's quite a dandy accessory, and along with it, you'll get a new back, which would take care of your issue. You can get the whole kit for $70US.
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    I took an exacto knife to those flaps and cut them off.
    Whoa, I wouldn't do that! It seems you're inviting a worse problem -- wouldn't lint from your pocket or other crud get in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Whoa, I wouldn't do that! It seems you're inviting a worse problem -- wouldn't lint from your pocket or other crud get in there?
    Well think of all the other phones that have nothing covering the charging port, like the treo pro. Its not a problem.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Nah, it's not as big of an issue as you might think. I also ripped the battery door (ok, gently removed...) off my Pre too. While it doesn't look as nice, its so nice not having those poorly designed doors in the way. As a developer, I'm constantly using the USB ports. Just think of all the other phones that have open connector ports and they have few issues.
    +1 on cutting the flap off. So much more convenient. Granted the flap is nicer than the door on the Pre, but it still gets in the way. I'll take the small hit on aesthetics for convenience any day.

and ebay....I bought a touchstone cover, spare battery and oem micro usb cable for under $20 shipped.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    whoever designed that battery flap should be fired...right now
    Fired??? I say promoted. Yeah it takes a little getting used to, but it has to be the cleanest, slickest, best looking and most protective battery flaps of all time.
  15.    #15  
    yes, I'm on sprint. definitely not cutting it off, cos that'd void any type of possible warranty exchanges. I'll just take it into the local sprint store and ask them what I can do, theyre pretty cool over there. but I do like this cover, much better than the cheap looking POS covering the pre's usb port.
  16.    #16  
    oh and my local sprint store is a also a repair center to those who advised me that. thanks for all the ideas!
    Just get a Touchstone charger and be done with it, I have one at home and one in my car, the only time I use the charging port is when I need access to the USB port.

PS, if you first slide open the keyboard the battery flap is alot easier to access/open.
    Wrong forum pal.... no sliding keyboard on a pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    PS, if you first slide open the keyboard the battery flap is alot easier to access/open.
    I will say the flap is a nice idea and as clean as it will get for having a covered charging port. The touchstone cover is much better made with the magnets holding it closed. The pebbled back is so much nicer too. I'd pick one up even if you don't plan on using the touchstone. Just gives the phone a better feel.

And in the car I'm constantly plugging in the phone instead of using the touchstone since it only charges when it's sitting there. While plugged in I can pick it up and use it and it will still charge. Not sold on the touchstone for car use. I will read a quick message or type out a quick text message while driving. nothing extensive though. to keep putting it back on the touchstone would be a pain then.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    ...and ebay....I bought a touchstone cover, spare battery and oem micro usb cable for under $20 shipped.
    Interesting! Is there a link to the seller?
    Get it replaced at a Sprint store.

If they will not replace it, I worked with Palm support and they sent me a new one.