Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else experiencing this? It just sits there and spins forever.. "Downloading Feed Information".

After the update i lost ALL of my patches, so i have to go download them all again..

Very frustrating.
    yea it worked for a bit for me after I updated, and now I cant get it to get past downloaing the Packages.gz

Dont know if its an issue with Preware, or so many people are using it
    worked fine for me. I got it all done really late last night. Had to go to bed knowing I was fully up and running. Do a luna restart and see if that helps. Also, see where it's hanging up and disable that feed and see if it loads. I just ran it again and it loaded no problem.

And you don't need to download them. You just need to update them. When you get preware to start you'll see you have so many package updates. That should be all your patches. Just update them, and you'll be good to go. Unless you actually deleted your patches because you were unaware of the auto patch update.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Left it updating feed for an hour with no luck, might try deleting and webos quick install it again.
    It works, it just slow with all the preware traffic. I'll do my updates later.
    I don't know how you pixi users use preware to update all the patches. I guess maybe it is all the traffic or whatever, but I accessed it with my pre with wifi just fine, but damn is it slow on the pixi with no wifi....This is why I hate updating my girlfriend's phone/updating all the patches, even changing it to EVDO only doesn't even help. I wished Palm would of just included wifi in the pixi in the first place...
    i've been trying to download preware to no avail. it spins & spins & spins. are there any solutions for this?

Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    yea it worked for a bit for me after I updated, and now I cant get it to get past downloaing the Packages.gz

Dont know if its an issue with Preware, or so many people are using it
    Did a reload of Preware.... now it works
    now when you say reload, what exactly do you mean by that? thanks
    delete it and reinstall.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    same problem. i uninstalled using webos quick install and now when i try to reinstall the application list never loads. is it too busy or is there a brand new version of quick install i missed?
    I don't have any issues and don't really notice if it's slow. If you're used to doing it over wifi, of course it'll seem slow...duh. As many others have mentioned, I'll take the form factor, build quality and keyboard any day. It's only for a year. Palm users have suffered much longer with worse crap, like the 700p. Your issue is insignificant in comparison to issues of old.
    Quote Originally Posted by asaetern View Post
    I don't know how you pixi users use preware to update all the patches. I guess maybe it is all the traffic or whatever, but I accessed it with my pre with wifi just fine, but damn is it slow on the pixi with no wifi....This is why I hate updating my girlfriend's phone/updating all the patches, even changing it to EVDO only doesn't even help. I wished Palm would of just included wifi in the pixi in the first place...
    Last edited by crogs571; 02/28/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Pixi user. working wonderful for me now. No IPKG Log error or anything anymore.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Actually, 3.02 is the latest version. V3 should ask you if you want to download the latest version when you open it.
    ok, so i deleted preware. but now i can't get webos quick install to work. it says it tries to uninstall all my patches and then gives me a long list of error messages...so i can't get preware back on my phone
    when in doubt, instead of fumbling around...I'd just doctor it and start from scratch. The nice thing with how everything is backed up, is most things get restored and the process goes fairly quick compared to the time you spend toying around trying different solutions that ultimately don't work and just get you more frustrated.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The servers are being overloaded since everyone is trying to get patches now that we know that we never have to keep uninstalling them again
    now does running the webos doctor erase my contacts and media files? thanks again!
    versions of webOS doctor above 1.3.5 will not erase your media folder. Contacts, calendar and such have to be synced again which is not an issue since you just renter your accounts and it syncs automatically.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast