Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlintz View Post
    same problem. i uninstalled using webos quick install and now when i try to reinstall the application list never loads. is it too busy or is there a brand new version of quick install i missed?
    just give it a few minutes it will load
  2.    #22  
    as an update, my preware "spun" all night and never opened.. Something is definitely wrong..

I'm afraid to remove it because i dont rememer how to install it again!!

I was able to manually get some patches back via WebOS..
    webOS Quick Install gets it back. Your refresher is here.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    webOS Quick Install gets it back. Your refresher is here.
    Ok, so i got it removed and installed back on the device. It "spun" again all night last night.. Still wont open..

I'm going to just hope that the servers are overloaded right now.. I really cant have this phone with out Preware!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    this is what i get...

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I only got it to work once after I got webos 1.4
    I can imagine with all the people getting the update, many are updating patches, preware and all that to create the problem. Can you going into preferences and turn the update feeds to manual and see how it loads? If it loads fine you can do your updates, then do a restart. Lload preware again and do a manual update of feeds or just change the preferences back to once daily.

See if that does the trick. If not, you can go to the Preware thread, and see if anyone can help there.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I can imagine with all the people getting the update, many are updating patches, preware and all that to create the problem. Can you going into preferences and turn the update feeds to manual and see how it loads? If it loads fine you can do your updates, then do a restart. Lload preware again and do a manual update of feeds or just change the preferences back to once daily.

See if that does the trick. If not, you can go to the Preware thread, and see if anyone can help there.
    This did the trick! Set your update feeds to "manual" and Preware opens right up! Thanks!!
    I set it 2 "manual" & BAMMMM...im back
    For those with slow package updates, you can temporarily turn them individually off. I did this for 2-3 packages, re-updated Preware and then re-enabled the feeds and it worked fine.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12