Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Did any other sprint users with a palm pixi get the 1.4 update yet? Mine is downloading right now and then I have to install it
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I assumed the Pixi update would be in a few days. I downloaded for my Pre this morning and then on a whim, checked for updates on my wife's Pixi. 1.4 available! Downloading now... Hope it is solid or she will not be a happy camper. She simply wants her phone to work - not interested in the gadgetry.
    yeah it was available last night at the same time as the Pre.

doing a Pre to Pixi comparison side by side, it seems like the Pixi REALLY benefits from the update as far as overall speed goes. i didnt notice anywhere near as big of an increase on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post

doing a Pre to Pixi comparison side by side, it seems like the Pixi REALLY benefits from the update as far as overall speed goes. i didnt notice anywhere near as big of an increase on the Pre.
    Agreed, I noticed the same thing as well, just thought it might've been that placebo effect. Atleast I'm not the only one noticing it so I feel better now.
    That's good news. I've been waiting for 1.4 for the Pixi before I upgrade my Centro. I'm not into gaming, etc. so the Pixi should fit my needs well, especially with the improved performance. Guess I'm off to Best Buy to get the Sprint price match without the need for a mail-in rebate!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Yes 1.4 for the pixi rocks after updating my wife's pixi this morning it's actually usable when coming from a pre ....
    Also downloading for Pre...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Everything seems faster on mine except scrolling in the launcher, which is now choppier.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Yes 1.4 for the pixi rocks after updating my wife's pixi this morning it's actually usable when coming from a pre ....
    Then it ought to feel like a big upgrade compared to my 2 yr old Centro!. I've been pleased with my Centro, but it is showing its age and WebOS is slick! All I need is phone, calendar, email. texting and a little light web surfing and I'm good. I think the Pixi will do the job nicely. I'd go for the Pre, but prefer the form and keyboard of the Pixi.

I put it on last night for the girlfriend. Havent been able to play with it, but I hope its increased. She actually started complaining about the speed of launching apps. Which is really weird cause she has never been interested in her phone before, and now she is using it for all kinds of things!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    yeah i got 1.4 on pixi this morning i can notice a little bit of improvement when loading apps the only thing i noticed that lagged more was when i open app catalog the little screenshots next to app take awhile to load up now but other than that everything seems a little bit more snappier
    So how long did it take to do an OTA update to 1.4 for your Pixi?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I didn't time it, but I'd say about an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnanderson1234 View Post
    when loading apps the only thing i noticed that lagged more was when i open app catalog the little screenshots next to app take awhile to load up now but other than that everything seems a little bit more snappier
    same thing on my Pre over both WiFi and EVDO.
    same thing on my Pre over both WiFi and EVDO.
    yeah its weird on mine when i open the app catalog all the pictures disappear for like twenty to thirty seconds then they start to load up never did this before on 1.3.5 anyways not a major problem just pretty annoying
    Unfortunately all the major talk is sitting in the Pre section. Pixi people are like second class citizens since Palm cares more about the flagship device thus all the real OS talk is sitting in the Pre forum and not in the general webOS forum.

The upgrade is agonizingly slow. Worse than watching water boil. Updated my patches via preware no problem right after and up and running nicely. Did notice on Palm.com that the changelog for the Pixi shows the capability for Flash. Will be interesting to see if it is an oversight and they just cut and pasted the same thing for the Pre and Pixi or if the Pixi really is good to go for Flash when it arrives.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My biggest concern with WebOs 1.4 for my pixi is that if it would have flash or not. When I found out that it wouldn't I was really mad. I was hoping for flash, but once again Palm is more worried about the pre. As soon as I can upgrade my phone with sprint, I'm upgrading it to the pre
    how do you know it won't? No one has ever said it wouldn't. Originally it was said it won't have it right now. And the changelog on Palm's site for the pixi it says it has flash capability. So believe what you will.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Even if the palm pixi will get flash in the future I will still get the palm pre one way or another. It is alot better than the pixi in many many ways. There are games like the sims and asphault for the pre that the pixi can't handle because of it's small screen.
    I just finished downloading webos 1.4 and to be honest, it was a major letdown. I havn't noticed anything yet besides the way that the card opens and the video recorder and that you can upload videos up to youtube. I still have to see if the battery usage is and better and see if the download speeds are anybetter. But even though I have just scratched the surface of WebOs 1.4 on my Palm Pixi, it seems that Palm has let me down
    I just got my wife a pixi last night I have to say that it's very nice. The screen is to small but I like the way it feels.
    I'm updatating as I post this. The pixi does feel faster than the Pre on a side note. Wondering if it will be more noticeable after 1.4 update!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast