1.    #1  
    I am thinking about buying Pixi Plus from VZ. How to I transfer my data ( contacts ) over from Palm Centro? I am very concerned about that.
    Last edited by Al Mccray_TampaFL; 02/21/2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: to complete
    Download them from the palm desktop (into like a csv type file) and upload them into google contacts. They will automatically sync to your palm.
  3.    #3  
    I am confused.
    Well, first of all, you don't say if you are syncing to Palm Desktop or Outlook. In either case, you can export them from one of those programs to a .csv file. Under the File menu in Outlook. Probably on the File menu in Palm Desktop.
    Or you can probably take your old phone to the Verizon store when you get the new one, and they can transfer them for you.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

6. ncl
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    There is software on Palm's website caleld the "Data Transfer Assistant".

It will move all calendar entries, contacts and memo's from your Centro to the Pixi for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncl View Post
    There is software on Palm's website caleld the "Data Transfer Assistant".

It will move all calendar entries, contacts and memo's from your Centro to the Pixi for you.
    If you do this, however, it will import them all to your "Palm Profile", which several users here will tell you is a bad idea.

What you want to do is sync to either Palm Desktop or Microsoft Outlook, export all your contacts as a .csv file, and then import them into your Google/Yahoo contacts. Once you have the phone, you go to your contacts, add an account (Google or Yahoo), put in your Gmail or Y! Mail username and password, and it syncs them all to your phone.
  8. ncl
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    If you do this, however, it will import them all to your "Palm Profile", which several users here will tell you is a bad idea.

What you want to do is sync to either Palm Desktop or Microsoft Outlook, export all your contacts as a .csv file, and then import them into your Google/Yahoo contacts. Once you have the phone, you go to your contacts, add an account (Google or Yahoo), put in your Gmail or Y! Mail username and password, and it syncs them all to your phone.

Not necessarily. I have upgraded three devices from PalmOS to WebOS products. All three have the data from PalmOS in Google accounts (calendar & conctacts). If you have your google account ready to go (and chosen as the default account in the webOS device) the data transfers to your Google account. At least in my eaxperience.

There *might* have been an option in the DTA software to choose Google, I can't really remember.

All three of my conversions (to Googlw accounts via the DTA) went smooth as silk.....
    Really? Wow...I don't even remember seeing that option when I got my Pre.

Then again, I took precautionary measures and had already added all of my contacts to Google prior to purchasing the phone.