1.    #1  
    Is there any way to make them go faster or change the settings for them on the pixi plus?
  2.    #3  
    o that sucks, thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Actually someone has developed a quicker version. I have not tried it because I personally like it the way it is.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...oo-slowly.html
    Is there any way to get LED notifications on the Sprint Palm Pixi?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mspampi View Post
    Is there any way to get LED notifications on the Sprint Palm Pixi?
    I'm assuming you haven't delved into patches yet or you wouldn't be asking this question so in your case I would just wait until 1.4 arrives.

"We have also heard that webOS 1.4 will also finally turn on the LED alert by default, removing the need for a patch."
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-arrive-feb-25th

However, the Palm/Pixi are good phones out of the box but they are awesome phones when you get into tweaking/patching them!
    Is there anyone beside me that does not want LED alerts? I don't like having a flashing phone at night any more than I like having a glowing phone on the touchstone at night. I hope this default will be at user's discretion. Otherwise I will ask for a patch to turn it off, I guess. LOL.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    i want faster blinking on my pre . as for not wanting the light blinking at night . well you could just turn it off right? but the light is not intrusive really its quite dim as it is now and would not bother me at all.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Is there anyone beside me that does not want LED alerts? I don't like having a flashing phone at night any more than I like having a glowing phone on the touchstone at night. I hope this default will be at user's discretion. Otherwise I will ask for a patch to turn it off, I guess. LOL.
    Never thought of it that way.. .
    I always use 'Battery Saver' while I sleep so I not only do I get bothered by the LED but any and all calls/notifications as well. To each is own and I agree the LED should definitely always be optional.

I always thought it would be cool if someone tapped into it and made it so the three lights could be used individually. Like the center button would be for texts, and the little ones to the left and right could be for missed call and email, or VM etc.. .
    Totally not possible I'm assuming but one can still dream ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i want faster blinking on my pre . as for not wanting the light blinking at night . well you could just turn it off right? but the light is not intrusive really its quite dim as it is now and would not bother me at all.
    Hey Shane! Do you mean turn off the phone or turn off the Notifications? If the former, I can't...it's my alarm clock and also the only way for my out of town family to contact me if they need me. If the latter, that's what I was asking about; if the user could turn it on/off...How ya doin', BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Never thought of it that way.. .
    I always use 'Battery Saver' while I sleep so I not only do I get bothered by the LED but any and all calls/notifications as well. To each is own and I agree the LED should definitely always be optional.

I always thought it would be cool if someone tapped into it and made it so the three lights could be used individually. Like the center button would be for texts, and the little ones to the left and right could be for missed call and email, or VM etc.. .
    Totally not possible I'm assuming but one can still dream ya.
    I don't use the "Battery Saver" for the reasons listed above, and also 'cause I can sleep through an earthquake (ie phone sounds) but am super sensitive to light. Also, I am a fairly heavy user but get good battery life and I have touchstones @ home and @ work and a car charger, if my use gets truly crazy.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Sounds like you've never tried installing the LED patch? It places an on/off toggle switch in the 'screen & lock' area. (pardon me if I understood you wrong there.)

As for battery life saving efforts, ya I don't use that app to save battery life, I just have too many knuckle-headed friends that like to make drunk calls/texts in the wee hours so all that can wait until the next morning for me.. .
    led notification...woh! can't wait,tired of having miss important voicemail/msgs etc...led notification will be a huge plus amongst others in the 1.4 update.
    Have anyone ever notice the clock on the pre doesn't show AM or Pm on the interface of the phone,not even when it's on the touch tone charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Actually someone has developed a quicker version. I have not tried it because I personally like it the way it is.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...oo-slowly.html
    The thread referenced by Freshyz has a patch to the flashing code which reduces the off time (Install with WebOSQI). The code also shows that basically all of the characteristics of the flash waveform (square wave) can be controlled. I like it with ThrobberHoldDownTimeInMs reduced to 300.
    Last edited by johncc; 02/21/2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Sounds like you've never tried installing the LED patch? It places an on/off toggle switch in the 'screen & lock' area. (pardon me if I understood you wrong there.)

As for battery life saving efforts, ya I don't use that app to save battery life, I just have too many knuckle-headed friends that like to make drunk calls/texts in the wee hours so all that can wait until the next morning for me.. .
    Nope, haven't used it, but knew it had a toggle. Just was wondering if the native version would have a toggle, is all.

Yeah...don't have to worry so much about the whole drunk friends calling thing ('cause they know I'd kill 'em ). If my phone rings in the middle of the night my dead-asleep brain somehow realizes that it must be an emergency and wakes me up, but if it's any of the other notifications my brain just ignores 'em.