Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Just checking to see if anyone has switched to or from a Pixi and why?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Well, I walked into the Sprint Store going for a Pre, and walked out with a Pixi. My friend already had a Pre and when I tried hers out, I loved it. When I looked at the Pixi display at the Sprint Store, I loved it even more.

Basically it's the size and weight of the Pixi that made me love it. Also, it wasn't a slider and doesn't suffer from the hardware issues the Pre has. However, I would still want a Pre. Both are amazing phones.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I switched from a Pre to a Pixi. I have never liked the idea of sliders, and the more I used the Pre the more it bothered me. I use the universal search to look up contacts and hated the klunk sound I always got I opened and closed the slider. In my previous life as an engineer I clearly remembered that moving parts do not last forever.

I was hoping that Palm came up with a Pixi Pro for Verizon, but was sold on the Pixi Plus when I found that for me the typing was 100% better than on the Pre.
    I recently got a Pixi - it's been 3 weeks or so. I'm an avid iPod Touch user, and often use my wife's iPhone when I can reach it

Anyway, I am completely unproductive on the Pixi. I'm constantly held-up waiting for applications to load and for the device to finish whatever it's doing so that it will recognize what I pushed. I often push again, convinced it didn't hear me, but then I just screw up my intended workflow because it buffered my first push while it finished whatever it was doing.

I really like WebOS, I think it's pretty fun. I really wish the Pixi was faster, but it disappoints me every time I try to quickly unlock it and shoot a pic or quickly open the dialer, and select a contact to call.

I honestly consider the Pixi unusable after the iPhone OS and the devices that run it. I'm holding out to see what subsequent WebOS updates provide, but my guess is that I'm stuck with a slow phone and will continue to be disappointed.

Too bad...
    There are several recent threads about this so I will summarize. My daughter got a Pixie Plus, used it for 3 weeks, and took it back and traded for a Pre Plus (my recommendation). It was slow and laggy and as above, the calls and connections were screwed up. The Pre Plus is fast and not laggy and she is very happy.

I originally thought I wanted the Pixie until I looked at the Pre Plus, which I have and love, (after loving my Centro for 2 years).

Get the Pre Plus. If you are talking about Sprint, that may be different.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    The only phone that would get me to trade in my Pixi is the Pre Plus. But I cannot justify leaving the lower-cost Sprint for the ****-pounding cost of Verizon.
    Honestly, i would switch the the Pre if not for the oreo affect and lower keyboard. I do love my pixi, i just wish it could handle a little more at a time.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Yeah know, I was just thinking about this today.. I have a Pre and thought to myself "What if I got a Pixi?" I have a few 3D games but I'm finding I'm just not that impressed by them at all.. Not like how I was on the iPhone. Then again, even on the iPhone I got pretty bored of them pretty quickly..

I think I could handle a Pixi.. they're small, cute, and allow me to run the Apps I want without the extra crap I don't need. I love the form factor too.

We'll see how webOS 1.4 does for Pixi and maybe, just maybe, I'll consider picking one up from eBay.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I switched from a Pre Plus to a Pixi Plus. I initially was enticed by the faster processor and larger storage space of the Pre Plus, but after having it for two weeks, I became irritated by the keyboard and its slider form. Brought it back to Verizon and made the exchange; I couldn't be happier. The Pixi Plus is only a bit slower than the Pre Plus, but the form factor is so much better! The keyboard enables faster typing, and it just feels light as a feather! =)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yeah I just tried out my mom's Pixi. I have a Palm Pre...
    She wants my phone, I want her phone XD We have Sprint, btw.

But it's lame that the Pixi doesn't have wifi. However, I use it like 5% of the time so it doesn't matter, I guess. & It sucks that the camera is 2 megapixels and not 3 like the Pre. Most of all though, the screen is smaller. =/ And how do games like Asphalt 5 and Sims, etc, work on the Pixi? Those are better on the Pre as well I'm assuming?

Yet, the Pixi is so light.. and the keyboard is so squeaky and amazing. And it can have cooler cases, and it doesn't have to slide out.

=(

I like both phones! It's so hard to choose!
    Pixi doesn't play 3d games at the moment. The hardware can handle it, but the only reason the Pre has them is the similar hardware to the iphone. they were easy to port over. If you care about 3d games, do not get the pixi.

I've owned a Pre, and I played with the Pre plus. I don't know how people type on them on a continual basis. The curved slider while somewhat elegant is just dumb. The slider mechanism is sub par and the recessed keyboard makes no sense. The latter is furthered by a mushy keyboard with very little travel. It all equates to a frustrating experience. No phone is perfect, and I do wish for a slightly more powerful processor, but the pros outweigh the cons for me. The smaller screen, lack of wifi and the rare occasions of lag don't begin to measure up to the form factor, build quality overall size and great keyboard. I just wish I understood palm's fascination with bezels. All that wasted screen real estate. Makes zero sense when they could've stuck with the same aspect ratio as the Pre. Would've made many developers happy with that one too.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I switched from a Pixi to a Droid.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...64#post2265364

Loving it.

D.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I switched from a Pre to a Pixi. I have never liked the idea of sliders, and the more I used the Pre the more it bothered me. I use the universal search to look up contacts and hated the klunk sound I always got I opened and closed the slider. In my previous life as an engineer I clearly remembered that moving parts do not last forever.

I was hoping that Palm came up with a Pixi Pro for Verizon, but was sold on the Pixi Plus when I found that for me the typing was 100% better than on the Pre.
    i am in 100 percent agreeance with you. i went in looking at the pre bought the pre and 2 days later got the pixi. just better form factor, and losing some of the stuff from the pre wasnt a big deal for me as i didnt use them any way. typing is 1000 percent better, and the slider thing I have just had horrible times with, and i cant use 2 hands on the road to reply to an email
    Quote Originally Posted by Omglol View Post
    Yeah I just tried out my mom's Pixi. I have a Palm Pre...
    She wants my phone, I want her phone XD We have Sprint, btw.

But it's lame that the Pixi doesn't have wifi. However, I use it like 5% of the time so it doesn't matter, I guess. & It sucks that the camera is 2 megapixels and not 3 like the Pre. Most of all though, the screen is smaller. =/ And how do games like Asphalt 5 and Sims, etc, work on the Pixi? Those are better on the Pre as well I'm assuming?

Yet, the Pixi is so light.. and the keyboard is so squeaky and amazing. And it can have cooler cases, and it doesn't have to slide out.

=(

I like both phones! It's so hard to choose!
    go for the form factor and the pixi wins 10 times over. the camera difference really is negligable, and you will love the fact that typing is sooo much better. wifi is nice, but its also a battery death, so pixi my friend pixi
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmforlife81 View Post
    ..and i cant use 2 hands on the road to reply to an email
    Please tell me you're not typing while driving...
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Has 1.4 improved the Pixi?
    Went from iPhone to Pre to Pixi. Got rid of the iPhone cause att is just way to expensive. Went to the Pre but got rid of it, just wasn't happy with it. Didn't like it at all. I really like the Pixi. Of course it has it little annoyances but overall very happy with it.
    I had the iPhone but got rid of it because of the monthly cost - couldn't justify spending a bit over a month on a cell phone - so I got the BB Storm next, which I liked but didn't love. I just switched the a pixi and so far I'm really liking it! I've only had it for 3 days though - battery life isn't that great but my iphone wasn't either and I've messed with the phone ALOT so that's understandable. I miss some aspects of the storm, like profile sounds, my today screen with my themes showing - but those items don't make me want to switch back as of yet. The sound quality on the phone is so much better than it was with my storm.

Hubby has the storm and has mentioned already if I want to switch, I could give him the pixi. lol.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I switched from a pre plus to a pixi plus. I fell in love with the os when a friend of mine referred me to it. Naturally I wantef the most powerful device in the webos lineup and I went with the pre plus. After two weeks, I didn't likw the slider form factor. I decided a "downgrade" in hardware would be ok to have the sweet form factor. I have been running 1.4 on the pixi plus for a day now and I have found it to be just as speedy as the pre plus. Very happy with my decision
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    Please tell me you're not typing while driving...
    no, but i dropped the thing so damn many times trying to use one hand to flip it up it drove me nuts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast