1.    #1  
    I know this has been discussed already, but what is the simplest way to have my Pixi use two different tones: one for SMS, and the other for email?
    That's already built into webos. In your messaging app, under preferences & accounts, you can set the notification sound to a ringtone.

You'll then get that sound for all messaging things (sms, instant messenger), but still the standard alert for mail.
    if you want to go a step further-- there is a great little patch called "sms tone per contact", which will allow you to set different alert tones for each person that texts you.
    There's always next year!
    If i understand the OP, i think the Op needs to distinguish notification alerts from sms and email...

so? none?
    I originally used an app called "My Notification" it gave me the ability to choose.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ification.html
    There's always next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt View Post
    if you want to go a step further-- there is a great little patch called "sms tone per contact", which will allow you to set different alert tones for each person that texts you.
    I used to use those too, but depending on whatever series of patches you used, you may not be able to easily get your original tones back. So, I just stopped using them, and also backed up the original sounds, just in case.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I used to use those too, but depending on whatever series of patches you used, you may not be able to easily get your original tones back. So, I just stopped using them, and also backed up the original sounds, just in case.
    Here's the stock alert and notification tones stick them in your ringtone folder and use away....
    If you won't the old stock notification sound before it was changed I got that too
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by helidos; 02/18/2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    The "SMS Tones Per Contact" patch, for me, does the best.

It allows you to set a sound/ringtone for Calendar alerts, SMS message alerts, and E-mail alerts. All independently right in the "Sounds & Ringtones" app/page.

Note: The "ALERT" tone is for the calendar notifications, the "NOTIFICATION" tone is for the e-mail alerts, and the "MESSAGES" is for incoming SMS messages alert.

If you want to take it a step further, it also gives you the ability to assign a distinct ringtone AND SMS message alert tone for individual contacts (any contact you don't assign a custom tone for uses the default tone you've set for that alert in the "Sounds & Ringtones" app).

The only thing this doesn't do...and it would be nice if it did but, I'm getting greedy here...is have the ability to set different e-mail alert tones for different e-mail accounts.

But, as it is, this patch is a must-have. This is the basic functionality that the phone should have out of the box.

My wife has an unpatched Pixi and it's so annoying..."Dink Dink!"...oh, she has an e-mail...or maybe a text message...or maybe a low battery...etc.
    to be able to do this OUT OF THE BOX, this is what I did.

1. In the messaging app, go to preferences
    2. in the SOUND row, tap on that and a drop down menu will appear
    3. the default is "system alert", CHANGE that to ringtone
    4. an option to change the ring tone on the bottom will appear.
    5. choose whatever tone you like.

there you go

the tones will be different for your SMS and email (and your calls)

HTH