1.    #1  
    what can you compare? likes and dislikes... i had the palm pre plus, but i sent it back. im actually contemplating the palm pixi plus. i was very dissapointed in the hardware of the pre, not a big fan of how that slider works. feels just too flimsy for me. i love webos though and if pixi is my other alternative, is it worth it? People who have come from one to other, what can you say about it? I know card wise it won't run as many but, I usually only have maybe 4 or 5 running at the same time if that, i tend to close them out everytime im done, the only time i ever found myself having a few cards open was depending on how many people i was texting, keeping a webpage open, and being in a call. and how many guys out there feel uneasy when they say they have a pixi for a phone? lol. any feedback would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonybmancini View Post
    what can you compare? likes and dislikes... i had the palm pre plus, but i sent it back. im actually contemplating the palm pixi plus. i was very dissapointed in the hardware of the pre, not a big fan of how that slider works. feels just too flimsy for me. i love webos though and if pixi is my other alternative, is it worth it? People who have come from one to other, what can you say about it? I know card wise it won't run as many but, I usually only have maybe 4 or 5 running at the same time if that, i tend to close them out everytime im done, the only time i ever found myself having a few cards open was depending on how many people i was texting, keeping a webpage open, and being in a call. and how many guys out there feel uneasy when they say they have a pixi for a phone? lol. any feedback would be great.
    I have both and they both have their pros and cons. Pre has 3d games and a slightly larger screen, but it's a slider which I don't like. I like the Pixi's keyboard better and also the hardware itself, disappears in my pocket. I'm like you, I only run a few cards at a time and close out what I'm not using so for me they're pretty equal on speed.

And about the name Pixi, at first I was ready to make up a name for it. Now I could care less, it's just a name.
    I made the switch to the Pixi for basically the same reason you mentioned. I was initially happy with the Pre but after having to return my original phone I received a few refurbs that had terrible sliders. It drove me crazy so I sold my Pre and bought a Pixi. Its the best move I have made!
    Of course this may not be the case for you, as it will depend on what you want from your phone. The two reasons I prefer the Pixi over the Pre are:

Form Factor - no moving parts makes the phone feel incredibly solid
    Keyboard - I haven't used the Pre Plus but compared to the Pre it is 100 times better and generally more fun to type with.

Also, I haven't had any problems with running less apps or noticing any major slowdowns compared to the Pre. Applications may take a little longer to open that the Pre but the ones I am constantly using I just leave open during the day and that gets rid of that problem. I restart the phone everyday to help with any memory leaks but I always have email, calendar, clear card, messaging, and the browser open and I never have a problem.

The only down side will be if you want 3D gaming and Flash available right now as the Pixi will not be getting Flash when the Pre does and does not support 3D gaming right now. These things aren't important to me so I am perfectly happy with the Pixi. If gaming and Flash aren't deal breakers then I HIGHLY recommend the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I switched from the Pre to the Pixi Plus after about 6 months and have absolutely no regrets. The Pixi Plus is a much more solid feeling phone and the keyboard is a huge improvement. I thought it would be a big deal to go to an even smaller screen, but that has actually worked out well.

The Pixi Plug is so cool that I have made it a habit of pulling it out in business meetings at sitting it on the table like all the iPhone and Blackberry owners in attendance. If they are not impressed by the size, I usually tell them about the Hot spot WIFI and that usually wins them over.
    Had Pre for a week. Hated it hardware wise. Went Android. Recently came back to webOS with the Pixi. Night and day from the Pre between the overall build quality, size, form factor and keboard. One of my favorite keyboards on this style phone. I rarely have more than a few cards open at a time. Just don't see the point outside of music, email, messaging web and maybe nav. Though I wouldn't leave messaging and email open while nav is going anyway since I'd be driving.

Looking forward to version two provided they enhance the screen real estate.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I went from the Pre to the Pixi because the Pre kept breaking on me. Hardware on that thing is terrible. I love the Pixi though. Sure it is slower, and you'll notice it at times, but the phone doesnt break every two days like the Pre. If you want 3D gaming dont get it tho. But pretty much like everyone said, the keyboard, hardware, and form factor are better on the Pixi. The screen size and speed are better on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Had Pre for a week. Hated it hardware wise. Went Android. Recently came back to webOS with the Pixi. Night and day from the Pre between the overall build quality, size, form factor and keboard. One of my favorite keyboards on this style phone. I rarely have more than a few cards open at a time. Just don't see the point outside of music, email, messaging web and maybe nav. Though I wouldn't leave messaging and email open while nav is going anyway since I'd be driving.

Looking forward to version two provided they enhance the screen real estate.
    What about the Android --> Pixi change?
    Android was nice. The biggest draw there for me was the widgets. Things like sports tap, NFL, facebook and such. Things that gave me instant access to info on my home screen. Other than that, the stock email was lackluster. Couldn't move emails to folders and such. The black background annoyed me and you couldn't change it. Had to go to 3rd party apps just to get messaging the way I liked it. For something that was so open and customizable, it was just a limited. I don't want to have to add 3rd party programs for functionality I consider basic in a smartphone. Granted the webOS grass isn't that much greener, but it's more polished and does some of the basics better. I like the phone interface much better. I like the Pixi is half the size of my Moment, and I can type that much quicker on it. I miss the larger screen, but for basic use, webOS is better than stock android and even with some 3rd party functionality thrown in.

Granted there are a ton more apps and some very useful ones, but for me, I need the phone to be a smartphone first and game and app device a very distant second. The fact that homebrew and patches are pretty much enhancements to the OS is a big plus for me. I like the idea of unlocking functionality within the OS much better than having to download a full blown app that might do a lot of what I don't need just to get one piece I do. Now if they'd beef up the Pixi for gen 2 just a touch with a 16:9 screen I'd probably be happy for quite awhile. Then again, I was happy with my i500 while many kept migrating to Treos. I like small phones and am willing to give up a few things to have one. I just don't see the need for as many compromises anymore to get better functionality while maintaining the small size. The tech is there.

One HUGE plus with Android, and it's more so a hardware thing. TRACKPAD!!!!!! Made simple navigation I took for granted on a resistive screen much much easier on capacitive screen. To me it's one of the biggest FUBARs in Palm's design scheme, secondary navigation be it an optical pad, trackball or d-pad. On the Moment I had a trackpad and directional keys on the keyboard. Used them all the time. Would've used the trackpad more, but the directional keys were more accessible when typing. Wouldn't be that way with a Pixi and an optical pad centered in the gesture area. Could be nicely embedded with a little sliver of a bezel around it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    As much as the slider kind of sucks I could never switch to the pixi after having the Pre. The screen is small and the processing power just isn't there to do all the things I want a smartphone to do. Plus I can't live without wifi anymore and I'm not switching to Verizon for the pixi plus.

I want a larger pixi form factor with the Pre hardware! Pretty please?
    I have a pre and I bought my daughter a pixie for xmas. I really like the keyboard on pixie,and its such a nice phone,,,,but no comparison to the pre. I would never change.love the 3d games and bigger screen and wifi. Don't know what the hell you people do to your phones,but I have had my pre for 6 months now and it is still as t tight as day one. To each his own I guess. Looking forward to adobe.
    I need a phone, not a toy. I need a keyboard I enjoy typing on to do the things I need my pda phone to do. I wouldn't compromise my daily ease of use for things I deem fun. Besides, considering how well built the Pixi is, the Pre just sucks. Don't care if someone still has their day one Pre. They've been in the phone and pda business for years and that's what they came up with? A horrible effort at a keyboard with a bad recessed design and slider mechanism all in the name of form. To me that was just bad form. Why they didn't do a straight slighter and non-recessed keyboard is beyond me. And I don't want a Pixi that's the size of the Pre. It defeats the purpose. Palm is famous for bezels and never maximizing screen real estate. Why would I think they'd learn their lesson to put a Pre sized screen on a candy bar phone without compromising its size?