Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I'm coming up on my 30 days with the Pixi Plus and overall I'm very happy with the phone. Slight lag, but I would rather have the lag then my Voyager. However, I'm having an issue that may cause me to return the phone. The phone has been turning off in my pocket. Not the front or back pocket but the "thigh" pocket on carpenter pants. I put the phone in with the screen towards my leg and more often then not the phone will be off when I pull it out. Is anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? I was looking at the Seidio slide together case, but I can't tell if it will protect the power button. Is there any way to "lock" the power button?
    hmmmm...there isn't that I know of. I'm trying to think if there's any homebrew patches...and I don't think so. Perhaps you could put in a patch request (if you've tried or are interested in homebrew).

Of course, I think a case would work pretty good too...if not the Seidio you mentioned, how about one of those leather fitted pouches you can slip it into sideways? Then you could clip it to your belt too if you ever wanted.

I hope you find something that works for you. I would hate to see you return you Pixi over something like this! :-)
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'd hate to return it over this too, but the phone is not much good if its off. I got the Pixi Plus because it fit so nice in the thigh pocket. As a side note, haven't had this problem in cargo pockets or coat pockets.

I carry to much other crap, including a government supplies BB 8703e, on a daily basis and wanted the lightest and most capable phone for non-work use.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    I've never had that with either one of my Pre + or Pixi + . I would go with the seidio case. I would also watch OtterBox for a case for the Pixi. I know they are working on one and those have to be the best cases ever made for phones hands down!!
    I have a similar problem of the button getting pressed in my pocket, but it doesn't shut down it goes to the shutdown menu, which is annoying but way better than turning off(I can unlock and hit cancel).

I have the advanced reset options patch applied, so you might try that and see if that is more tolerable. I don't remember what happens normally, but by your complaint I'm guessing if you hold the power button it shuts down without prompt.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thanks ninjab....getting the patch as a type this. I think I can deal with the unlock and cancel over waiting for the phone to restart.

Another question...waiting radio setting does everyone have their Pixi on? I'm using Hybrid Rev. A, but have read that switching over to the 1xRTT helps with the lag.
    my wife is complaining that her pixi is turning off everyday...not just resetting, actually turning off...I've seen it happen myself, not sure what's causing this...anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by kkumar99; 04/15/2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    If your Pixis are turning off, please return them for a replacement. Don't abandon the wonderful webOS.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    not planning on leaving it, she likes the pixi a lot...just annoying, may need to trade it out...especially when it turns off and you don't realize it for a couple hours!...was hoping it was just a bug that someone figured out?
    ok...accidentally dropped the phone about 6 inches onto the bed and it turned off...this is obviously a battery contact issue! Had never heard of this problem for the pixi, knew it happened with some pre's cause of the slider
    well...put the piece of paper behind the battery and it fixed the problem...big palm fan, but it's pretty sad that they can't make a bar phone that can keep the battery in place! Thinking about switching it out anyway...just thinking about down the road when I'll be selling the phone on ebay (hopefully to get the new webos devices).
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    This is a battery contact issue. Plain and simple.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Get it switched out matey, it's an easy process.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter