1.    #1  
    I bought a palm pixi plus off of ebay with the intention of activating it with a verizon reseller. I powered it on to test it, clicked on 'English', and now the phone says it's activated. I'm at the 'Palm Profile' screen now and I'm unsure of what to do.

Is it really activated in the sense that I'm stuck with signing up with verizon? If I want to switch carriers, do I just cancel with verizon? If I go to a new carrier with my ESN as it is now, will they be unable to activate the phone?

Thanks,
    Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by bnisly View Post
    I bought a palm pixi plus off of ebay with the intention of activating it with a verizon reseller. I powered it on to test it, clicked on 'English', and now the phone says it's activated. I'm at the 'Palm Profile' screen now and I'm unsure of what to do.

Is it really activated in the sense that I'm stuck with signing up with verizon? If I want to switch carriers, do I just cancel with verizon? If I go to a new carrier with my ESN as it is now, will they be unable to activate the phone?

Thanks,
    Barry
    Either sign into your Palm Profile if you have one or make a new one. It would be a lot of work to get that phone to work correctly on another carrier. You said intention of activating it with verizon at the beginning so just activate it.
    Did you already set up the ESN with Verizon? If not then it's not activated.
    so have you just been staring at the Palm Profile screen for about three hours now?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    so have you just been staring at the Palm Profile screen for about three hours now?
    Well, yes and no. I power it down while I try to figure out what I'm going to do next then power it up and chicken out. I'm at the point where I think if I sign in with the Palm Profile, I'll really activate the phone with verizon and make it harder to switch carriers. I did the meta doctor thing hoping to do the Palm Profile over wifi but I haven't gotten wifi to work because I'm stuck at the Palm Profile login.

I haven't specifically given anyone the ESN but I remember reading about verizon prepaid phones doing the automatic activation thing.

I'm really trying to activate this phone with Page Plus Cellular even though the odds are against me doing this. Am I crazy?
    Go to verizons website. Under support click activate a phone. It has a box where you imput the phones esn.
    Oops I didnt see the page plus cellular but it should work the same.
    So you bought the phone off ebay and didn't activate the ESN on Verizon? You should be fine to try it on that other network.
  9.    #9  
    Quick update: I activated through Page Plus Cellular, re-flashed with the meta doctor, got wifi to work, created a palm profile, and eventually got everything to work. Thanks for the help.

So the correct answer was it really wasn't activated.