Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Okay, so my backover's magnet broke and it's starting to become loose. I went to the Sprint Store and they said that they can't just give me a new backcover, and that I would have to get a refurbished phone. I obviously would like to keep my new phone.

Should I try another Sprint Store? Because that's pretty ridiculous that they would have to give me a refurbished phone just for the backcover.
    i have a spare id be willing to mail you but i dont think you mean a regular cover because only the touchstone one has a magnet in it
    Excellent time to get a Touchstone charger kit, comes with a new and better back cover. You can find them on Amazon for around 39 bucks.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i have a spare id be willing to mail you but i dont think you mean a regular cover because only the touchstone one has a magnet in it
    No, the magnet on the door. But yes, that will be very helpful if you can do that. I will PM you.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    So, what should I do? Try another Sprint Store?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I would. But call ahead of time and explain the situation. Save yourself a drive in case they want to dump some refurb on you also. But yeah, seems pretty stupid to replace the whole phone when the back cover could be easily swapped. Best Buy also has the touchstone back cover for $15 if you want to just buy one on your own.
    You could ask the Sprint store to order the refurbished phone and let them know that you only have the intention to keep the backcover. In other words, when the refurbished comes, swap out the backcover and return the refurbished phone with your broken cover on it.

As far as I know, refurbished phones are old innards with new casing, thus the backcover should be new.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    You could ask the Sprint store to order the refurbished phone and let them know that you only have the intention to keep the backcover. In other words, when the refurbished comes, swap out the backcover and return the refurbished phone with your broken cover on it.

As far as I know, refurbished phones are old innards with new casing, thus the backcover should be new.
    I would do that, but they said they will only give me the back cover if I take the refurb. That means that I cannot just take the back cover because the store wont let me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    Okay, so my backover's magnet broke and it's starting to become loose. I went to the Sprint Store and they said that they can't just give me a new backcover, and that I would have to get a refurbished phone. I obviously would like to keep my new phone.

Should I try another Sprint Store? Because that's pretty ridiculous that they would have to give me a refurbished phone just for the backcover.
    Seriously, what does this say about Sprint's business practices? Or should I say "best practices."

Does Sprint think we're a bunch of morons? The iPhone this is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Seriously, what does this say about Sprint's business practices? Or should I say "best practices."

IMO this is just an example of the sales reps being shady and trying to sell you an accessory. Unless you spoke directly with a technican. That's all bad. I've swapped mulitple backs for this reason. We know about the issue. Especially with the first release series. We had some adhesive issues with those ones.
    The repair techs where I go would never "make" me take a refurb for an easily fixed issue. That said, I believe I, too, have a spare stock back cover if you want it. PM me.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Call Palm Support for replacement.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    there's a magnet on the stock battery door ? I'm gonna look tonight when I get home
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    there's a magnet on the stock battery door ? I'm gonna look tonight when I get home
    The magnets are actually on the carriage of the phone. There is a piece of metal on the battery door that clings to them.
    my magnet is broken on my pixi touchstone door too. The magnet just falls off. Then I started using my regular more and that one fell off. I've been meaning to call sprint to see if they can fix both of them or supply me with a new touchstone cover.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    The magnets are actually on the carriage of the phone. There is a piece of metal on the battery door that clings to them.
    Um I forgot to check my back at home... But I just ran paperclip all over the back of my pre with the cover off and the only magnet on the back of the phone and the only place it stuck was the speaker....
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ^This is the PIXI FORUM...so I'm assuming this is about the pixi's stock backcover? The rubberized nicer one.

Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post

Not all sprint stores are the same man, relax...
    often enough, depending on who you actually talk to will get you different results (as with any customer service business)

BUT blankiek, you cant swap out the refurb because I believe the ESN is attached to the phone they'll send you. Meaning your "old" phone must be sent back withtin 15days (?) or you get billed for a new phone.

Just go ask again, or grab a replacement cover.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lodown3 View Post
    ^This is the PIXI FORUM...so I'm assuming this is about the pixi's stock backcover? The rubberized nicer one.

Not all sprint stores are the same man, relax...
    often enough, depending on who you actually talk to will get you different results (as with any customer service business)

BUT blankiek, you cant swap out the refurb because I believe the ESN is attached to the phone they'll send you. Meaning your "old" phone must be sent back withtin 15days (?) or you get billed for a new phone.

Just go ask again, or grab a replacement cover.
    What do you mean by swapping out the refurb. I never got the refurb.
    I wish my problem was this easy.... a freakin back cover. I'll send you the money dude. lol