Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I know the 1350 and 1400 batteries should work in it (right?), but any other even larger capacity batts with extended back cases designed for the Pixi? And (asking a lot), works with Touchstone?

The Pixi is so thin, if a fatter battery with deeper back cover was added, I don't think it would look morbidly obese like some of the Pre fatty batteries and covers make it look.
    Hi,

I don't think there are anyother batteries as of now, and none that have a touchstome back cover.

I do have the Mugen 1400mah battery and it seems to work well and fits nicely into the regular and touchstone back. It seems to give a few more hours of standby. I just keep the other battery charged incase I need the second one.

Good luck,

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by crewcabrob
    I just keep the other battery charged incase I need the second one.
    How do you charge the spare? In the phone, or is there an external battery charger?
    id recommend getting a battery that doesn't require a larger back cover. some of these extended batteries make the pixi and pre look like bricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    id recommend getting a battery that doesn't require a larger back cover. some of these extended batteries make the pixi and pre look like bricks.
    I know I may be in the minority here, but I welcome a Touchstone back cover that would fit a larger battery. I want my phone to be a little bit of a brick. I can't tell you how many times I thought I lost the phone because of the size and weight.** When I have the Pixi on the dash with the charger, the Pixi is very susceptible to falling off, as it is so light.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    ** The smaller and lighter anything is, the easier it is to loose. Witness the transition from the SD Card (perfect) to the Micro SD (TOO small!).
    The touchstone charger? I don't even have my touchstone well fixed and the only way the Pixi falls off is if I knock it. The phone being lighter should actually make it hold better on the touchstone as there is less weight to cause it to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    When I have the Pixi on the dash with the charger, the Pixi is very susceptible to falling off, as it is so light.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    ** The smaller and lighter anything is, the easier it is to loose. Witness the transition from the SD Card (perfect) to the Micro SD (TOO small!).
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I think either my charger is loosing its stickiness, I'm placing it too close to the edge, or both. The magnetic backing of my Pixi is fine, but if you don't place it exactly right on the charger....
    well you have to match up the magnets. Sometimes it takes me two swipes to make sure I feel the magnets engage.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I posted about extended batteries for the Pixi a while ago. Glad to see others have the same interest in them. I e-mailed Amzer a while ago (as a follow-up on the e-mail exchange I had with them earlier regarding extended batteries for the Pixi), and they told me they still didn't have anything in their inventory. This was a month after I'd contacted them.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    The 1350 mAh battery works for both the pre and the pixi, the 2600 mAh one should work on the Pixi too, correct? All that's needed is an extended battery back, which would be pretty easy to manufacture, I would think. I don't even care about touchstone compatibility as 2600 mAh would last for days.
    Anyone else with me? Who could I contact to make this happen? TIA
    Hello Everybody, we now have special price for Pixi owners for 1400mAh Mugen battery: use PIXISPECIAL coupon code.

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    a week's wait until it ships on top of the 5-10 days for shipping?
    Yes, it's very popular battery right now, We are receiving a shipment tomorrow, but it is already sold out. Next one is coming next week and is already 50% sold out.

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    ...Next one is coming next week and is already 50% sold out.
    Higher than 1400mAh?
    Just got an artist series Touchstone back cover. What is a good extended battery for that?

The Artist series has a better build quality and could theoretically withstand a slightly thicker battery...
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    Hello Everybody, we now have special price for Pixi owners for 1400mAh Mugen battery: use PIXISPECIAL coupon code.
    Dagnabbit! I just ordered 2 of these last week!

russ
    Hi folks

Just as an FYI:
    Yesterday was my first day of use (while doing the initial Power cycles) with this battery.

I got it Wednesday, installed and chaged it wednesday night.
    Lasted from 08:00 a.m. till about 12:00 midnight, when the phone started complaining (as per instructions - I have 4 more of those to go). I found myself running Pandora in the background whle laying games in order to run it down faster - I was getting tired!
    Charged it fully overnight. Been running since 07:00 this morning, it is now 5:00 p.m. and the battery is at 58%.
    In addition to usual activities today, I did a few updates hrough PreWare, removed some calendar patches, installed UberCalendar, and played quite abit of solitaire while waiting on (a) lunch and (b) large FTP to finish.

So far the indications are that the Mugen does a pretty decent job - pre-viously I was running a Seidio 1350mAh, and there seems to be quite a significant improvemnt already.

russ
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Why dont a company produce a battery that can charge on top of the touchstone ?
    any other batteries i should look for? with extended covers?
    MUGEN has a Pixi battery with an extended back.

Here's a link:

[HLI-PixiXL] Buy Mugen Power 2800mAh Extended Battery for Palm Pixi Plus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast