1.    #1  
    I prefer the Pixi over the Pre. I am not a "mom". I am a mobile app software engineer who writes Android apps but prefers WebOS for my personal phone. Power users will gravitate toward the Pre, thinking that the larger screen and faster CPU is what they need. I don't buy it. What makes the Pixi better? Its tiny.

Because the pixi is so thin and small it is a lot easier to carry both a Pixi and an iPod Touch in the same pocket. The pixi is great for voice, text, mobile apps (maps, etc) and contacts. The pixi is fast enough to handle these tasks. The iTouch fills in the gaps with a huge app catalog and a big screen for apps that need it. Both are small enough to fit in one pocket together.

If you are on Verizon then their wifi Pixi-plus can run MyTether giving the iTouch a mobile wifi connection as well! So each device compensates for the weaknesses of the other. Having a single device do everything is not as important to me as most people assume that it is.

X
    Quote Originally Posted by xylenz View Post
    Having a single device do everything is not as important to me as most people assume that it is.

X
    i agree.

id rather have multiple devices that do their intended purpose well versus an all in one that is mediocre at most.

people act like carrying a phone and a dedicated music player is a burden. heck, one of my best sounding players is a quarter the size of a closed Pre. oh noes how will i carry it all?!!??!
    Well...I totally disagree!!!!!

Why I carry a Pre is simple yet complex...lol
    First off..I have enough to carry about whether it be to work or personal and along with 2 kids hugging on me...so
    While the All-in-one option might be mediocre in some aspects its just plain SIMPLE.

I carry the Pre for a phone, music player, navigation, games, and web access. The Pre does all these well enough that I could not tell the difference in music quality wise then carrying a actual "made just for music" player. It costs me a bit more then a Pixi but if I had to buy a Pixi and an iTouch it would be double the price of what I paid for the phone, oh and dont forget now I have to deal with remembering to carry/charge 2 devices and put up with Apple apps.

Plus being on Sprint Pixi has no Wifi so screwed there too..BUT wait...Pixi Plus does have Wifi...BUT it also adds a hefty thirty dollar or more a month charge from Verizon to what I am paying Sprint for service....and Sprint just has better customer service, reception, etc for my area and needs.

I think I will stick with a PRE.
    Hi all,

First of all, I love the Pixi plus for the size and form factor. It is a welcome change to the larger heavy devices I have been lugging around the last couple of years.

For me, I want a device that is going to take care of 90% of all my needs all of the time. With the Pixi plus, I think it got really close to 98-99%. The only thing I would really like to have is a little larger screen for watching videos and such. The rest of it hits all of my buttons correctly.

I'm not willing to carrty around more than one device. I don't want the extra hassles of keeping track of it, charging it, switching between them and just finding a way to safely carry them.

Everything in life is a compromise, and the Pixi plus works well for me.

Thanks,

Rob
    +1 here. Trying the pre plus but it is too buggy and does not even come close to what my iphone does (neither does android for that matter - but comes closer). Taking my pre back and resiging myself to iphone unlimited month to month on tmobile (att dropped calls on iphone are astounding) and running the pixi plus on verizon.
  6.    #6  
    There are some things that WebOS is just not ready for yet but iPhone is. For example...

I have my entire CD collection (1000+) ripped to a 2TB Raid NAS drive at home. I can stream it from a home iTunes server to my iTouch at work. Can i do this with WebOS? If so I'd love to know how.

I am a musician. I get random musical ideas during the day and need a way to quickly record them wherever i am. That is a HUGE benefit for a composer. On the iTouch I have a choice of three different multi track recording apps as well as a host of digital instruments to play with. On WebOS there arent any WebOS apps that can even record one track! But it has a piano. FAIL.

Dont get me wrong. I love WebOS. Its a pleasure to use. But its not the be-all-end-all. And until it is its great to be able to compliment its weaknesses with another device. Its not about the device its about the user. If your needs are met by one device then by all means, get that device. But you cant be upset about it not doing this or that when you can simply carry another device that does.
    Quote Originally Posted by xylenz View Post
    There are some things that WebOS is just not ready for yet but iPhone is. For example...

I have my entire CD collection (1000+) ripped to a 2TB Raid NAS drive at home. I can stream it from a home iTunes server to my iTouch at work. Can i do this with WebOS? If so I'd love to know how.

I am a musician. I get random musical ideas during the day and need a way to quickly record them wherever i am. That is a HUGE benefit for a composer. On the iTouch I have a choice of three different multi track recording apps as well as a host of digital instruments to play with. On WebOS there arent any WebOS apps that can even record one track! But it has a piano. FAIL.

Dont get me wrong. I love WebOS. Its a pleasure to use. But its not the be-all-end-all. And until it is its great to be able to compliment its weaknesses with another device. Its not about the device its about the user. If your needs are met by one device then by all means, get that device. But you cant be upset about it not doing this or that when you can simply carry another device that does.
    So you prefer your Pixi over the Pre?
    i hope Palm is getting the point with this thread and all other, where as the pixi form factor is spectacular and palm should exploit it. ive seen many threads of people giving up the pre and its better specs, for the form factor of the pixi. while most cant give up the specs of the pre for the better form factor of the pixi; many have. so if palm could find a way to get the pre specs including screen into pixi, palm will have an aboslutley killer phone. my sisters both have a pixi and i realized how damn small it is. im pretty sure that palm can increase the size by just a little, in all dimensions. to be able to put the 3.1" screen and pre guts in a pixi that is just a little bit larger than curren pixi. even then it will still be a nice sleek and perfect form factor phone. Im not asking for crazy things like i see in these threads, from palm (ex: 4.3 inch screens and such) but something practical and possible. now for a little creativity, palm could really kill it with the new pixi i described above, by, making a second version however this one would eliminate the keyboard for a 3.5" full touch device with exact same form factor. these would be awesome phones, so palm please exploit pixi formfactor and styling to bigger badder devices.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    If they could take the Pre and put it in the form factor of the pixi, or make it about the same size and shape with no physical keyboard and a larger screen, I would love either one. Personally, I have no iPhone/touch/pod so right now I need wifi on my phone too much to switch, but when the iPad comes out I may have a reason to not hold on the the Pre anymore and get the Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrythe View Post
    If they could take the Pre and put it in the form factor of the pixi, or make it about the same size and shape with no physical keyboard and a larger screen, I would love either one. Personally, I have no iPhone/touch/pod so right now I need wifi on my phone too much to switch, but when the iPad comes out I may have a reason to not hold on the the Pre anymore and get the Pixi.
    Not to seem like a *******, but you would actually get an iPad?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I bet the Pixi Plus Hotspot iPad combination will be very popular. I mean what you prefer as a web browser?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Valid question, and yes, had a laptop for about a year when I gave it to my wife to replace her dying desktop, and all I ever did with the thing was surf the web, type a few short documents, email, and take notes in class. For me the iPad will do those things more than well enough to replace a laptop, won't be any more expensive, and be more portable than even my wife's Dell netbook. Media capabilities, iphone app support, and passable PIM apps are just add-ons.
    I strongly prefer my Pixi over the Pre. And I have one VERY good reason why: Reliability

Yes, I am a "mom". Yes, I have also been a Sprint Technican for five years. I repair around 8 to 10 Pre's a day. I see a Pixi maybe once a week. I have seen soo many issues, both hardware and software in the Pre that are non-existant in the Pixi.
    I love the size too. I can throw it in my wallet easily if I don't want to carry a purse.. I love the durability - I've dropped it multiple times, and it still looks pristine - not a single scratch. It doesn't have the volume key issues or the power button issue.
    I'm in a basically all EVDO area so I don't miss the WiFi.

I was Blackberry dedicated since 2004 and refused to switch.. the Pixi converted me. I haven't had a single issue, and I've loved every second of my conversion to WebOS. <3