Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Do all the apps I see online in the app catalog work just as well on the pixi as they do the pre ? Are some not available on pixi? Do others not work so well on the smaller screen?
    I'm pretty sure most of them do. Everything but 3D gaming as far as I remember.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Someone actually did a comparison between the Pre and Pixi's app count. I believe the Pre had about 100 more apps then the Pixi.
    If it shows up in the app catalog on your pixi then it works.
    Yes, some apps are not available on Pixi, but they do not show up in your app catalog.
    Very few apps I've looked for have not been available, like one of the Solitaire apps.
    And some have excluded the Pixi due to the need for wifi in certain apps, such as the itunes/vlc remotes, but the new Pixi Plus has wifi, so hopefully soon this segment will open to the Pixi + people.

None of the new 3D game stuff is available, which is a bummer.

I haven't had any problems with the screen size, except maybe when using Tetris by EA, I reallllly want more screen room when playing that, but it's still enjoyable.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Does this work for any pixi users. Landscape messaging and texting is a little useless without it.

But I do admit with the keyboard always available, unlike the pre, it's really not a huge deal.
    I have found apps i the catalog that DON'T work for my Pixi, not many...but it would be nice if they said it ahead of time in the description instead of when you try to download.

@NathanS - I tried the VKeyboard on my Pixi...it was just annoying...too small a screen (the keyboard covers where you're trying to type) and really not needed since, like you said, the keyboard is right there. I was hoping it might be handy in landscape mode for email/text...but its not.
  8. rayhollister
    There are several apps that don't work on the Pixi, but it's mostly because of screen size issues. This use to be a bigger problem when the Pixi first came out. Most of the developers have gotten better about it. I keep hearing rumors that 3D games are coming to the Pixi, but I don't know why. I couldn't imagine a worse gaming experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Does this work for any pixi users. Landscape messaging and texting is a little useless without it.

But I do admit with the keyboard always available, unlike the pre, it's really not a huge deal.
    no virtual keyboard doesn't work with pixi there is no reason since the keyboard is always exposed plus the screen is way too small
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    There may be others, but the only app I lost when going from the Pre to the Pixi Plus was the RPN calculator. Still waiting for that thing.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    I wonder how long will it be for the pixi to get 3d gaming, does anyone know?
    well if i remember right pdk is out for pixi so it shouldnt take too long
    sweet now the pixi can roll with us big dogggs with pre's lol