Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the thread for general Palm Pixi complaints and replies. All "I'm leaving" posts and replies go here as well. Here is an article summarizing major complaints.

If you are looking for help with a specific feature or problem, check the Tips Forum, search for an existing thread, or start a new thread if the topic is not already being discussed.

If you want Palm to know about your issue, please post in their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

First, please check to see if this issue is already being discussed in these:
    1. Battery Tips, Ringtone Tips, or general Pre Tips & Tricks.
    2. Homebrew Gallery - Is there an app for that?
    3. Patches - There's a Patch for That
    4. Music Player (Remix) fixes dozens of the biggest complaints with the Music Player.
    5. My Notification lets you set your alert sound.
    6. How to Install the On-Screen Keyboard gives you that feature too.

Please note specific complaints in one of these threads:
    1. A Comprehensive List of Fixes, New Features, and Workarounds - request list
    2. Features or Apps you would like to see - List them here
    3. Bug List for Pre - List bugs here

The Forum Guidelines apply: do not be rude or use inappropriate language and no personal attacks or name calling, etc.

To report a post, click the triangle icon under the name of the person who made the post.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 02/08/2010 at 10:54 AM.
    OK, so I've cried wolf before... http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ally-suck.html But I'm serious this time. I'm done and I'm never going back.

If you read that post, you'll see I decided I was done with palm a few years ago. If you look at my registration date for this site, you'll see I've been around for a long time. Don't post much, but rarely a reason to. I'm not some guy who is trolling to promote their new Droid phone. But I just don't feel like I've really moved on until I get this "John Deer" letter out of the way.

Palm. You suck. If you read the link above, you'll see how I've been frustrated for a while. You barely updated the Treo 600 for 4 years, and I was done. The initial videos of the Pre made me hang around, and I was one of many standing in line last June.

I gave you every chance. I gave you 6 months with the Pre. You kept promising updates that were going to make it better, faster. I kept waiting. They never came. Don't get me wrong, there were updates. But nothing that made my calandar work right. The calandar on my 600 was more functional than the one on my Pre.

I broke my Pre (755 lasted years, Pre lasted 6 months), so I decided to try a Pixi instead. A lot of my frustration with the Pre was the form factor (I liked the fixed keyboard, and didn't realize how much I missed it until my 755 was gone), so when it broke, I got a pixi. It's ridiculous that it doesn't have Wifi, but as rarely as I used it, I would just make do without (although, you really put salt on my wounds by giving it to Verizon).

The pixi made it 2 months before it broke. I pulled it out of my pocket last Wednesday and the screen was cracked. No major trauma. Just cracked. Sprints insurance had a $100 deductible, but at least I got a new one.

Having been an early adopter, you REALLY made me regret my purchase. I was horribly unhappy with the Pre from day one. The Calendar was(is) GARBAGE. The lag on the phone made it virtually unusable. I'd wait for 10+ seconds when starting the phone or calendar. I'd click a screen twice thinking it didn't sense my touch. Then 10 seconds later when the device caught up, I'd be dialing a missed call and not even know it until it was ringing.

This is a tool palm. It's something that most people depend on to be functional and reliable. You are busy working on Flash, and it takes me 30 seconds to get to next Tuesday on the calendar. This is not a functional device.

I used a lot of homebrew apps on my Pre. I felt fairly certain that they might have been part of the reason my device didn't seem to get faster even though there were multiple software updates that were supposed to be making my phone faster. So when I switched to the Pixi, I decided not to install ANY homebrew apps, and only a few from the Palm App Store(weather, calc, etc). 2 months later, and I've still got a phone that is so slow it's virtually unusable.

After deciding that I couldn't take it anymore, I made the (VERY tough) decision that I would not be a Palm/Sprint customer anymore. I have had NOTHING but Palm/Palm OS/Sprint products since my very first cellphone. But I just can't take it anymore.

Last Thursday I walked into the Verizon store. After trying (literally) all day to get my contacts off my Pixi with the cracked screen, then getting them from Palms servers on a Verizon demo pixi, I finally used my backup from my 755 last summer.

As if this relationship would end any other way, Palm had to stick it to me one more time. Despite the fact that I had my phone set to automatically backup daily (as well as an additional 2-3 times per week that I'd see the "backup" icon, and do it manually), Palm had lost my data. I lost everything since last June. Of course, what else would I expect from this dysfunctional relationship?

I've been using my new Droid since Thursday. It is AMAZINGLY fast. I still can't get over it. It doesn't have a fixed keyboard, and as soon as there is an Android device with a "pixi" form factor, I will purchase it. But for now, I'm going to have to live with my slider.

I hope someone from palm is reading this. It's amazing how things change in 7 years. I remember people seeing my Treo 600 for the first time and being absolutely blown away by it. I was your biggest advocate. I told everyone to go buy one. While in the Verizon store last Thursday, a customer was looking at the Pixi and asked the salesman why it "seemed slow". He said that it wasn't normal, and that it was probably becuase it had a ton of apps that had been opened by people playing with it. I had to interject and make sure that the woman knew that it was par for the course. I told her to look elsewhere, and I hope she did. I can't imagine the disappointment she'd have upon realizing that the Pixi really is THAT BAD.

Palm. Go home. Fold up shop. You've had soooo many chances to get it right. You just can't do it. I'm sorry. I'm done. I'm not getting suckered back in as I did with the Pre. Your device is "neat", but it isn't functional. There are too many other devices at this point to put up with your BS.

Goodbye.

D.C.
    yep post here because complaining here will accomplish something other than getting flamed
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    i like your post very much. it tells me alot about the pre. dont buy it hahahaha
    i couldnt stand a slow phone. they need to improove performance!!!!!!

i didnt know that it would be that bad, 30 sec lag is something that is just failure.
    but after all those years, your post told me the first time that its really bad....
    Maybe the op posted to vent and knows that Palm employees read this forum. The op has been a member since 2004 and has made some VERY valid points. Many of us have thought of the same things but are not yet ready to even think about leaving. I for one have had Palm products since they came out with the first Palm unit about 20 years ago.

DavemanUT - I wish you luck in the future and hope Palm will take notice of your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOX View Post
    i like your post very much. it tells me alot about the pre. dont buy it hahahaha
    i couldnt stand a slow phone. they need to improove performance!!!!!!

i didnt know that it would be that bad, 30 sec lag is something that is just failure.
    but after all those years, your post told me the first time that its really bad....
    he doesn't know how to take care of his phone. Pre is a okay
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    yep post here because complaining here will accomplish something other than getting flamed
    You know, I disagree. It used to cost companies millions of dollars to get this type of honest feedback on how to improve their product or operations. Now all they have to do is make a few clicks on the internet and voila--they have more real-time customer data than ever in the history of capitalism.
    The Palm company has blown so many chances for a comeback that if they are too lazy, blind, oblivious, or stoopid to use this FREE medium to solve these problems and make their product better then they deserve to go out of business. Completely this time.
    buh bye...

Finally Pre....it's only going on 14yrs. Pilot 1000/5000 were introduced in March of 96'. Just for reference.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I'm regretting my Pixi now because it's so darn slow. I'm coming from feature phones and not use to phones being slow. If I was some rich person and not a 16 student athlete with no job I would cancel my sprint contract and get a better device with another company or just buy another phone on sprint. The battery life sucks, it's slow, freezes a lot, doesn't have a lot of features dumb phones have, the apps suck, and restarts on it's own. But since I cant get a new phone i just have to wait till palm sorts out these problems or wait till i can upgrade.
    Please Pixi don't disappoint me! You're all I've got in this dirty godforsaken world!
    *Opens new card*
    "Sorry, too many cards"
    NOOooo... Whyyyyyyy.... why... me.. it's only 2 cards... 2... cards.......
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieG View Post
    Please Pixi don't disappoint me! You're all I've got in this dirty godforsaken world!
    *Opens new card*
    "Sorry, too many cards"
    NOOooo... Whyyyyyyy.... why... me.. it's only 2 cards... 2... cards.......
    I share your pain brother.
    Lol ! ! ! !
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
    Bye!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Bye!
    Being a ****! We frown upon that here at precentral.
    Good luck with future devices, this july I will be up for an upgrade...Hopefully a 1ghz android phone will come to sprint! That would be great!
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Cya! Sorry it didn't work out. I personally can't stand Android and its half-baked feeling. Not really sure how the calendar is that bad for you though when the Android one is more or less the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavemanUT View Post

It's ridiculous that it doesn't have Wifi, but as rarely as I used it, I would just make do without (although, you really put salt on my wounds by giving it to Verizon).
    blame Sprint.

The pixi made it 2 months before it broke. I pulled it out of my pocket last Wednesday and the screen was cracked. No major trauma. Just cracked. Sprints insurance had a $100 deductible, but at least I got a new one.
    why is this a complaint? the screen didnt just break. something made it break and you had insurance and when you signed up for insurance you agreed to the terms of said insurance.

Having been an early adopter, you REALLY made me regret my purchase. I was horribly unhappy with the Pre from day one. The Calendar was(is) GARBAGE.
    valid.

The lag on the phone made it virtually unusable.
    gross overexaggeration.

I'd wait for 10+ seconds when starting the phone or calendar.
    no you didnt. maybe 4 seconds tops on the calendar and the phone is easily half that.

You are busy working on Flash,
    no they arent, Adobe is.

and it takes me 30 seconds to get to next Tuesday on the calendar.
    no it doesnt.

This is not a functional device.
    said for dramatic effect.

I used a lot of homebrew apps on my Pre. I felt fairly certain that they might have been part of the reason my device didn't seem to get faster even though there were multiple software updates that were supposed to be making my phone faster.
    the updates did what they claimed they would do.

So when I switched to the Pixi, I decided not to install ANY homebrew apps, and only a few from the Palm App Store(weather, calc, etc). 2 months later, and I've still got a phone that is so slow it's virtually unusable.
    the Pixi is slower for sure, but you can stop with the drama.

Last Thursday I walked into the Verizon store. After trying (literally) all day to get my contacts off my Pixi with the cracked screen, then getting them from Palms servers on a Verizon demo pixi, I finally used my backup from my 755 last summer.
    you should have checked out this site a bit more.

As if this relationship would end any other way, Palm had to stick it to me one more time. Despite the fact that I had my phone set to automatically backup daily (as well as an additional 2-3 times per week that I'd see the "backup" icon, and do it manually), Palm had lost my data. I lost everything since last June. Of course, what else would I expect from this dysfunctional relationship?
    you lost everything since last June, yet somehow, someway, you were able to successfully transfer everything from the Pre to your two new Pixi's without a hitch. ok.

I've been using my new Droid since Thursday. It is AMAZINGLY fast. I still can't get over it.
    more dramatic effect.

Palm. Go home. Fold up shop. You've had soooo many chances to get it right. You just can't do it. I'm sorry. I'm done. I'm not getting suckered back in as I did with the Pre. Your device is "neat", but it isn't functional. There are too many other devices at this point to put up with your BS.
    i hope you register on Android forums with the same name so that i can look for you complaining on there. if you think that Android is some sort of nirvana type experience, youre in for a rude awakening.
    OP: How did your Pre break? What about the Pixi? I'm curious if you have any pictures you can post? The Pre screen has been pretty durable (at least for "normal" drops). I think your's is the first I've heard of a Pixi screen cracking.

You have to admit the 650 was an improvement and a damn good phone. You should have stuck with your 650. You had warnings enough warnings from us 700p users that you should have thought twice about not staying with the 650. That was the best phone that Palm ever made.

Are you saying the the Droid has calendar/PIM features on par with those in the PalmOS Treos?

This thread is useless without pictures." Just kidding! Thanks for your post.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I understand your reasons and you make some very relevant points. Good luck with your new device(s)
    chud311,

It probably did take him 30 seconds to get to next Tuesday in the calendar, but that was due to the OP needing to do mental math to figure out how many days next Tuesday was from now, and not due to lag on the Pre.

I'm pretty sure he'll use the same username as they are shared across all the sites.

I'm waiting to hear more responses of people genuinely happy on the Droid. I hear far too many people who switch out of the Pre for the Droid and end up back here in a month. I fear the OP may find himself in the same boat (but be too embarrassed to come back). That will be sad for him to have to suffer, but he's been far too quiet over the years, so he had more latent hate he needed to express. Palm lost a customer for life. Hopefully they'll do more to create valuable customer experiences for the new customers who replace him.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast