Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I dont find anything lame about the pixi. Its a great phone.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    Yeah, they really should have just put smaller pixels on there and made it 320 x 480.
    If you did this, all the 3d games would be squished and stretched vertically.

Its a different aspect ratio. You cant just change the pixel shape without distortion.

The Pixi is a low/mid end smartphone. It is NOT just another form factor. Dont expect it to perform as well as the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    The worst part of the Pixi is that I have to repurchase apps that I already purchased on the Pre. Some apps, like DrPodder and NewsRoom, are available for download without repurchase but games like Angry Birds, Need for Speed Underground and Uno HD require me to repurchase them. I'm now worried that Palm is going to make me repurchase all my games if I buy the next Palm device.

If I had to pick a second thing, it would be the name "Pixi". Centro Pro/Plus would have been better name since this phone feels like a spiritual successor to the Centro.
    Apps are linked to your Palm profile, so as long as you use your Palm profile you will keep all your apps.

You wouldn't have to repurchase apps on the Pixi if you used your Palm profile on it. Software has always worked this way. You can't buy a copy of Office for Windows and install it on 2 different computers legally.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    pixi should of had the same screen as the pre (320x480). if the droidpro can, then the pixi can. where the droidpro has its home, back, etc. icons, the pixi can have its gesture area. same size/height.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    pixi should of had the same screen as the pre (320x480). if the droidpro can, then the pixi can. where the droidpro has its home, back, etc. icons, the pixi can have its gesture area. same size/height.
    The Droid Pro is a much bigger phone than the Pixi.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Apps are linked to your Palm profile, so as long as you use your Palm profile you will keep all your apps.

You wouldn't have to repurchase apps on the Pixi if you used your Palm profile on it. Software has always worked this way. You can't buy a copy of Office for Windows and install it on 2 different computers legally.
    The problem he's facing is with those apps that (due to differences in hardware, like screen resolution) are sold in separate Pre-specific and Pixi-specific versions. As far as the App Catalog (and his Palm Profile) are concerned, these are completely different apps - hence his need to (re-)purchase the Pixi-specific versions.

--John
    I have gotten Palm to refund my pre-only apps when I switched to the pixi.

granted, this was not easy. several hours on chat with support, and then over an hour more with 2nd level support on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post

I did sign into my Palm Profile. I also don't agree with your argument of Office for Windows, I'm not using my apps on both phones simultaneously. I've switched my primary handset from the Pre to the Pixi.

Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    The problem he's facing is with those apps that (due to differences in hardware, like screen resolution) are sold in separate Pre-specific and Pixi-specific versions. As far as the App Catalog (and his Palm Profile) are concerned, these are completely different apps - hence his need to (re-)purchase the Pixi-specific versions.

--John
    I figured that was the reason, but that still concerns me about future Palm device purchases. When you switch to a newer version of an Iphone or Android device, you sign into your phone and regain access to your previous purchases. I purchased Uno HD on my Pre and I see that there's a version available for the Pixi, I should be able to redownload that game without having to repurchase it. If Palm/HP are doing this now with just 2 handsets, what's to stop them from having me repurchase my apps when the next device comes out.
    U reailly have got everything in the gist
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I dont find anything lame about the pixi. Its a great phone.
    The only complaint I have right now is the incoming call volume level, half the time I miss calls. This is my first smart phone so to all you techis out there am I just missing a patch or what?
    just wanted to say I'm going droid soon. Palm says alot or doesn't about new hardware, take to long for gaming apps.<deleted by Mod>. They should get with the progrham and deal with the customers like me. Maybe people like me would stay. But I don't see that in the near future. Keep blowin smoke PALM. I'm out! Late!!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/07/2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: language
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Furberry View Post
    just wanted to say I'm going droid soon. Palm says alot or doesn't about new hardware, take to long for gaming apps.<deleted by Mod>. They should get with the progrham and deal with the customers like me. Maybe people like me would stay. But I don't see that in the near future. Keep blowin smoke PALM. I'm out! Late!!
    Huh?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/07/2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: quoted text edited
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Very helpful thread. Thank you!
    I will get a nice protector screen to cover my mobile and get used to it, thanks!
    The only thing i have bad to say about the pixi is the processor speed, screen size, and the sprint pixi not having wifi. Oh and another question, How come when i play a youtube video it says "There was an error playing the file" just because I put it on standby? Luckily there was a patch to stop stand-bys and now i can safely let my videos buffer.
    Hello Everyone!

Sorry if this is misplace or fixed elsewhere I have tried searching the best I can.

The problem is Installed WEb os doctor then the WebosQuickInstaller to change my theme. I set my palm pixi to developer mode then usb drive and it won't recoginze that its connected to my computer.

I think the problem could be that I use windows 7 64 bit!

Please help!
    Hi Jakerat88,

Try using one of these following threads. Sometimes Windows 7 has an issue with the Novacom drivers.

Novacom with Windows 7 - WebOS Internals

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    i dont like that a UI like webOS still seperates the apps by screensize. isnt webos build as a multisize os anyway?

well here is the pixi with pre display
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is/was very possible to fit a Pre size screen on the Pixi. It was a development choice that made them go smaller, I do believe. Hopefully the next candybar WebOS phone (Hoping one comes along) will have a higher resolution.

The only thing worrying me is that with a similar build to the current Pixi it would be almost impossible to use a glass front instead of plastic, the key holes would be way to fragile and break with a drop or flex, I would guess. We will see what creative ideas HP has for their phones, I suppose.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast