Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    People over here might be interested in your story: http://crackberry.com/?utm_source=to..._term=sitename

There is also an official Goodbye thread you may want to post in.
    Your story is not so special that it deserves a separate thread you know
    Sorry ladies and gents but I've had my pixi for almost 6 months now and all it's it's been is a pain.. I had a BB pearl before this and it was so much easier to navigate and was just so much simpler in general. If I was just hanging out in a coffee shop and using my phone it would be great but i have to live in the real world and actually use my phone..like hearing it ring..feeling it vibrate..not having the cheap outer skin peel off..I just want to keep it simple and will move back to my BBerry. I have a laptop to look at crappy pics. sorry for the negative review but this phone has nothing to offer that a simple BBerrey could offer. Bye Pixi.
    cool story, broseph.
    <<threads merged - emptiness in our hearts begins>>
    Why do you look at crappy pics?
    because it beats looking a pigs crapping.
    My son just got a pixi plus,
    I put preware on it for him,showed him how to use it.
    all i can say is he loves it.
    Square cards don't do it for me though,viva la pre.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    okay
    PALM YOU GOTTA GET YO SELF CHECKED!
    Stop being a mangina, and grow a palm *****
    stop shutting off
    stop saying you're charging then not charge
    stop telling me I can't have anymore cards open
    cause I'm just only now opening one!
    one speaker blew out
    the bottom left side of the keyboard flickers
    I need a new phone
    I'm so tired of phones costing so much money
    and then don't have like an amazing life span
    make it bulletproof
    stop being a wussy phone
    man up palm pixi
    or I'm gonna run you over with my moms car!
    Quote Originally Posted by SophiaAlmeida View Post
    okay
    PALM YOU GOTTA GET YO SELF CHECKED!
    Stop being a mangina, and grow a palm *****
    stop shutting off
    stop saying you're charging then not charge
    stop telling me I can't have anymore cards open
    cause I'm just only now opening one!
    one speaker blew out
    the bottom left side of the keyboard flickers
    I need a new phone
    I'm so tired of phones costing so much money
    and then don't have like an amazing life span
    make it bulletproof
    stop being a wussy phone
    man up palm pixi
    or I'm gonna run you over with my moms car!
    Although there are two speakers on the back, the one on the left is just for symmetry. It was never functional. Your speakers are fine. Only the right one is supposed to work.
    Complaint: More apps!
    louder volume
    sync to google tasks
    Messenging for Live, etc
    utube: connect to my account
    OK I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE WEBOS INSTALL TO WORK ON WINDOWS 7 I HAVE TRIED FOR 2 WEEKS NOW AND I AM ABOUT TO THROW THIS PALM PIXI IN THE GARBAGE!!!! IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY VIDEOS TUTORIALS PLEASE WRITE ME BACK . thank you in advance
    calm down dude.

- have you enabled developer mode on the pixi?
    - have you checked to make sure the novacom drivers were properly installed?
    - in the past, it has not worked on some USB ports for me (on this pos dell laptop). have you tried different ones?

i have been using webos quick install on windows7 for a while and it works just fine. occasionally i will forget to do something in the instructions and it won't work, but be patient. following a video won't solve your problems, everything on here relating to webos quick install is written very clearly.
    I have a sprint pixi and all I can say is that I really like this phone, it's now overclockable, and it does some cool stuff, mine runs flawlessly, very quick and fast, pics don't look that bad pretty good I think, but I'm definitely going to pre 2, this is a good phone if this is your first palm or smart phone, the only thing thay really sucks is palm says no adobe flash on pixi
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I feel like a 2nd class citizen on the webOS platform with a Pixi plus. Half of the best stuff aren't available for it, and if they are, it doesn't work as well as it does on the Pre plus. WebOS Internals had to take donations to get Pixis for testing. Palm doesn't even care that their app catalogue shows cropped photos of the Pre versions to Pixi users. I can never tell what the app will look like on my machine. Flash isn't coming to my Pixi plus so Adobe doesn't care either. Nor does AT&T, who delayed the 1.4.3 update, for only the Pixi plus, for over a month. I have little faith that the 2.0 update will be available soon. I had a Pre plus but traded it for the Pixi plus because I hate that slider form factor. To be honest, I've come to be disgusted by both models. I'll never buy a smartphone with a hardware keyboard again and wish I could somehow get back my sleek and sexy iPhone4—but running webOS 2.0. I don't know if I can wait 2 more months to CES and then probably another 2 months after that before the new phones reach retail. I fell in love with the promise of webOS but the software is not mature enough to make up for the deficiencies of the hardware. With a name like webOS you'd expect it to have the best mobile browsers but it doesn't even support bookmarklets! ... but I digress. This is about the Pixi.
    You went from a 519 phone to a 100 phone, Linger. What did you expect?!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steev182 View Post
    You went from a 519 phone to a 100 phone, Linger. What did you expect?!
    This is the thread for venting, is it not?

Actually I went from a 519 phone to a 200(?) phone first. You can get a used iPhone 3G or 3GS for that amount (certainly for the amount I payed for an ATT Pre Plus) and I consider those phones to be better than any webOS phone available

What I was expecting was for WebOS to mindblowing amazing. I knew Palm fans had conceded that the hardware was subpar and third party support was lacking but I thought they were sticking around because webOS and Palm's apps were extremely polished. I've found it otherwise to my disappointment. The webOS copy&paste, for example, was a shock after getting so used to iOS's method. In this day and age, why should any touchscreen OS force me to learn keyboard combinations and shortcuts ?! And I have to bring up the bookmarklets problem again, as I really can't understand why Palm or the Preware patch community doesn't consider that a No 1. priority for the browser. WebOS is cool and all that but what's the point of getting notifications and switching between applications that I don't enjoy using very much?!

After that I jumped from Pre+ to the Pixi+. I had seen the Precentral reviews and the suggestion that they couldn't recommend the Pixi for any power user. I disregarded that and assumed that all I was giving up was a little bit of speed (I'm already used to waiting on webos anyhow), a few more open cards and a little more screen estate (the reviews said webOS was very scalable so I shouldn't mind). I certainly didn't expect that some apps would have different versions for the Pixi and I would have to buy them again . I certainly didn't expect that preware error messages wouldn't fit my screen. I had no idea that eventually I would be wondering if something didn't work or wasn't available only because I have a Pixi.

I don't want to end this post on too much of a downer. I really like the fundamental ideas behind webOS and feel that using web technologies, the dashboard notifications and the card multitasking are genius innovations. I'm also astonished by how well the Palm treats the homebrew community, it is so refreshing to not have to worry about jailbreaking. I never buy products based on their potential but Palm has convinced me to give them a chance and wait until at least summer next year before drawing some firm conclusions on my webOS phone experiment.
    Some WebOS apps don't work. Mainly games - ex, the new one in the store this week (Quell) looks really good, but I can't try it. It's extremely sad.
    i just thought, and have been thinking the same thing for a long time now....it sucks
    Yeah, they really should have just put smaller pixels on there and made it 320 x 480. Pixi people are missing so many apps. If the Pixi 2 isn't at the very least 320 x 480, they are idiots.
    The worst part of the Pixi is that I have to repurchase apps that I already purchased on the Pre. Some apps, like DrPodder and NewsRoom, are available for download without repurchase but games like Angry Birds, Need for Speed Underground and Uno HD require me to repurchase them. I'm now worried that Palm is going to make me repurchase all my games if I buy the next Palm device.

If I had to pick a second thing, it would be the name "Pixi". Centro Pro/Plus would have been better name since this phone feels like a spiritual successor to the Centro.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast