Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by All4fun View Post
    I'm really scratching my head why this thread is a sticky. Also, the content seems only loosely connected to the thread title. JMO.

~~~
    From the original post in the thread:

This is the thread for general Palm Pixi complaints and replies. All "I'm leaving" posts and replies go here as well. Here is an article summarizing major complaints.

If you are looking for help with a specific feature or problem, check the Tips Forum, search for an existing thread, or start a new thread if the topic is not already being discussed.
    Great information
    Top 10 reasons why I procrastinate:

1.)
    Ok...so after 5 Sprint pixi's in the last 3 months, all had problems straight from the package~! i am done, 3 hours on the phone with Sprint and all they could do is send me another Pixi.... No way~!

The last one they sent me, when started up for the first time everything was upside down and backwards, it was so crazy, Sprint told me that i must have started it up wrong~! "Really"? How in the Heck can you start it up wrong? You push the button and hold it until its starts up... but it would never not be upside down or backwards..

I now own a Droid through Version~! and i have never been happier~! The Droid is Simply Amazing.... I just wanted to thank PreCentral for all they do here and i have refered many people to this site that own Pixi's and Pre's~!
    Quote Originally Posted by dblessmd View Post
    Ok...so after 5 Sprint pixi's in the last 3 months, all had problems straight from the package~! i am done, 3 hours on the phone with Sprint and all they could do is send me another Pixi.... No way~!

The last one they sent me, when started up for the first time everything was upside down and backwards, it was so crazy, Sprint told me that i must have started it up wrong~! "Really"? How in the Heck can you start it up wrong? You push the button and hold it until its starts up... but it would never not be upside down or backwards..

I now own a Droid through Version~! and i have never been happier~! The Droid is Simply Amazing.... I just wanted to thank PreCentral for all they do here and i have refered many people to this site that own Pixi's and Pre's~!
    Welcome to the android family. Come meet us over at

Android Phone

and

http://www.androidcentral.com/
    I painfully read through all these post and have no idea why this is a sticky
    If somebody has an issue they should give useful information
    What version phone
    What serial number
    What version OS
    What v ersion of the app in question
    Makeing wild claims helps nobody

The phone comes with a manual. One might try reading it
    The pixi is up to os version 1.4.1.1
    That can't be compared to an original pre or pixi
    I don't know folks... Do I have complaints? Yeah, sometimes my Pixi sticks or shows the "Too many cards" screen (even with NO cards open). But after I restart the device it's back to normal. This happens maybe once a month.

Everything I use is synced to my Google stuff and I've had no problems. I don't have to sync it with Outlook because it's all synced in the sky - I think that's better than plugging it in.

I used a few key patches to change some quirks Palm should have done and use My Notifications and I charge the sucker every night. Still this is much cooler, easier and more productive phone than the Blackberry I had, so I'll just keep my mouth shut and say I'm cool with it. Sucks for the rest of you.
    Hi,
    I got the Pixi plus a few days ago, I really like the Palm os. Got tired of my 8gb iPhone 3g as when the OS updated to v4 last week it slowed the phone operation down. Didn't feel like waiting on a new iPhone, contract was up so I got the freebie from AT&T. Variety is the spice ya know!

Like others I have everything in the cloud so syncing with Google is a breeze. Smaller size is a plus as well as I hated carrying the iPhone in my pocket. This one fits just right. I wish that Snowtape was ported for Palm Os though, it whips any other music player out there IMHO.
    I HATE THE PALM PIXI! It is a huge step backwards from TREO 650, which was actually ahead of Palm Centro. Why does Palm keep walking backwards? Are they just money hungry idiots? I didn't have to purchase SYNC software for my Treo or Centro, but my Pixi, it's buy this link, go to this "Homespun" site to get some home made software. Why can't Palm SYNC? It USED TO! I HATE MY PHONE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald600 View Post
    I painfully read through all these post and have no idea why this is a sticky
    If somebody has an issue they should give useful information
    What version phone
    What serial number
    What version OS
    What v ersion of the app in question
    Makeing wild claims helps nobody

The phone comes with a manual. One might try reading it
    The pixi is up to os version 1.4.1.1
    That can't be compared to an original pre or pixi
    My Pixi did NOT come with an "old School" manual. I had to pull it up on the web. Even then, it is NOT capable of syncing with Outlook or other PalmOS software that older Palm phones could sync with. if anyone has a solution out there, I'd love to hear it!
    Quote Originally Posted by JanneZack View Post
    I HATE THE PALM PIXI! It is a huge step backwards from TREO 650, which was actually ahead of Palm Centro. Why does Palm keep walking backwards? Are they just money hungry idiots? I didn't have to purchase SYNC software for my Treo or Centro, but my Pixi, it's buy this link, go to this "Homespun" site to get some home made software. Why can't Palm SYNC? It USED TO! I HATE MY PHONE!
    You can sync your Pixi to Outlook using third party software. There are a number of threads in this forum discussing this:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...nchronization/
    Got a Pixi back in Jan. after trying Pre (felt cheap.Friend said he dropped it &chipped side of slider,now takes 2hands to open&close) and HTC Hero(didnt like Android. Either its the UI or the phone, but it lagged, was jumpy, unresponsive alot of times). I have been fairly happy with it. It's small, thin, feels sturdy. I can drop it or pull it out my pocket fast &it shoot across floor. Its gonna happen. I'm gonna drop my phone. I'm gonna use it in the rain. I'm not gonna treat it like a newborn baby. And as long as it does ONE thing, And thats make a phone call. I am happy with it. The apps sucked in the beginning. They're getting better. I LOVE the interface on WebOS. It's smooth. Similar to iphone. It's slow sometimes. But when u initiate something, it responds. The Hero wouldnt & I would end up making extra commands,then it would pick up & ,yes, I would be calling som1 in missed calls or something. I dont mind waiting couple of secs for app to open(not 10). It works great as a phone. Its just not LOUD ENOUGH.Compared to other phones. The RINGER SWITCH SUCKS.It is too sensitive &cuts itself off alot. Think it has to do with wear on the backshell a little. I've read that Palm's aware & to send it in to get replaced. It's extremely SLOW TO BOOT.Seriously. It takes 5-7minutes to start up. When it dies,I plug it in,it takes even longer.I used to get the "toomanycards" ,but since the new update. Hasn't done it once. Guess that fixed it. But now, just recently, I'm not able to open certain PDF files. Even some I could open b4, now I can't. That sux.
    All in all, it's a decent phone & OS. As long as it stays reliable on what it should do best. Make phone calls.
    My first Pixi (Sprint) had a red pixel stuck right in the middle (or close to it) and so we brought it in to Sprint and they just swapped it out. Now my second Pixi has a damaged 3.5mm headphone jack. It must be either very loose on the inside or it's like, too large for a 3.5 mm connector. I have to firmly push the "male" connection back and towards the left in order for audio playback to be undistorted. Any other position and the audio is muddled, distorted, and even pitch goes up and down, and volume takes a hit... all in all a very annoying and unpleasant listening experience. We're new Sprint customers though and have only had our phones for about a week so I'm gonna run into the store again and see if I can get a new one *crosses fingers*
    Quote Originally Posted by JanneZack View Post
    My Pixi did NOT come with an "old School" manual. I had to pull it up on the web. Even then, it is NOT capable of syncing with Outlook or other PalmOS software that older Palm phones could sync with. if anyone has a solution out there, I'd love to hear it!
    Depending on what you want to sync with (outlook, palm desktop, etc) you will want to look at CompanionLink or Pocket Mirror. I use Pocket Mirror.

See Bev's post above for a link to discuss the topic. There are several other threads that you might also find useful in the "sync" section of the forum.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    I have had the Pixi for months now and contrary to much that I've heard, haven't had a single problem with it that I couldn't fix by turning it off and back on again. It's got some minor things, like one time it thought that there was a headset in the jack even though there wasn't, course then again, that could have been my fault for being a smoker and sticking the stupid thing in my purse with all the loose tobacco and other junk in there...
    Anyway, all these problems are bound to happen with any phone. I know a friend who went through 8 HTC Hero's in like a month and a half and every single one of them was messed up.
    Oh, and ya'll should probably read the info that Sprint gives you. It clearly states that sometimes when they exchange the phone, it is refurbished. Part of their contract with the manufacturers to save money. And also, that they can't exchange the phone with a different make or model. Part of the contract you sign to get the discount on the phone.
    Way I see it, you get what you pay for. As long as my phone makes calls, I'm not to worried about it. And waiting 30 seconds for an app to open? Please! Who needs that measly amount of time?! If you're in that big of a hurry, perhaps you should invent a faster microchip, or maybe learn to slow down. Life is to be enjoyed, not spent worrying about 30 dang seconds.
    For my previous post disregard it. The Pixi's headphone jack wasn't broken, it was actually the headphones haha Now I'm happy w/ my purchase
    just for the record, I'm fairly new here as you can tell by my join date, and I LOVE my Palm Pixi Plus. I went from a crappy motorola, to a blackberry pearl, to this. The pearl was a good phone, but the apps for that phone sucked. I have not experienced any of the problems with my pixi that you have. Maybe it was all user error or too much phone abuse. I personally think that any motorola or HTC decive is a pile, but that's my opinion. I wouldn't trade my pixi for anything (except for maybe that Blackberry Torch if verizon ever decideds to get it).
    got my phone, read the related thread.
    Don't find anything wrong at the moment...just see what will happen..
    Well, just switched from a Pre to a Pixi (Sprint) this week: I love the Pixi! As the poster above noted, the Pre didnt feel sturdy enough. I like the solid feel of the Pixi. The ONLY complaint Ive had so far has been the camera. #1, it is slow to grab pictures (MUCH slower than the almost instant Pre) and #2, the quality is very poor. Wish there was a way to upgrade my Pixi camera to a Pre's 3.2MP!
    gotta tell you, that thing needs a biggr battery :-)
    Well I decided to get the Pixi and it arrived last Monday and was greeted with great excitement. I opened the phone and it wouldnt turn on. After an hour on charge I tried again with the same results, called Verizon and they said just return it for a new one. After returning home with my new phone I fired it up and it worked perfectly....untill Thursday when in mid conversation it just shut off, I removed the battery, replaced it over and over with no result. So I proceeded to take this Palm made hunk of crap and give it back in exchange for a Blackberry Tour. My decision was made when I asked the sales guy, "Would you suggest me trying the Palm Pre?" to which he replied, "If you want a well made "Toy" get a Pre/droid or iPhone, If you want a well made phone, get a Blackberry.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast