Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by morzzan View Post
    Greetings.
    Alright, I have this problem. For some reason, my Pixi plus keeps shutting down on its own. I don't do anything to it, and next thing you know, I have to reboot the damn thing. It happens after it goes in sleep mode. I know its not too big of an issue, but I've missed 4 important calls because of it shutting down on its own accord! And it shuts down 4 times a day, without fail.
    Ok, any thoughts or similar issues? Any solutions?
    Your replies will be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Take it back to where you bought it. It sounds like a battery issue.
    Ok...so I know there are tons of posts about this issue all over the internet about this but my issue is a little different...

so i got the phone launch day and email setup was fine...i was having problems with it so i exchanged it two days ago...now im getting the "invalid security token" error...

I have read all the posts about this issue and tried everything everyone said:
    - put e-mail through manually
    - go into yahoo settings and deactivate the removable links (i removed them all and there was no iphone check box like others suggested doing)
    - making sure my email worked on computer
    - changed password to email
    - do a battery pull

Throughout all this i reset my phone for each of these steps (sometimes multiple times). I really need help and nothing's working.

Pretty please help me!!! =(
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Cya! Sorry it didn't work out. I personally can't stand Android and its half-baked feeling. Not really sure how the calendar is that bad for you though when the Android one is more or less the same thing.
    Well, I said I'd do it, so here I am.

3 weeks in with the Droid.

#1. I hate the keyboard. Hate it. It sucks. Can't get used to it. I use the onscreen virtual keyboard 95% of the time. It's OK, but it still sucks. The Pixi has the best keyboard I've ever used. CLEAR, HUGE advantage for Pixi.

#2. 5 times or so in the last 3 weeks, the phone has rang, but I couldn't answer it, see who was calling, etc. I'd have to pull the battery, and when it booted back up, there was no record of the call. So I'd have no idea who called (and I don't have voicemail, so they can't leave a message). I'd say I've had a "Force close" (the equivelant of locking up) once every 2 days on different apps. However, a Force close is VERY easy to recover from. You don't have to reboot or anything. Just push the button and wait 3 seconds. Despite all this, my Pixi would do the same thing (ring, but no ability to answer) occasionally, and the only way to get past it was to pull the battery then wait 5 minutes for it to reboot. Advantage - Droid.

#3. Overall Speed. The Droid is super fast all the time. The only thing I don't like is that many of the apps have to be manually killed. You can't just turn them off by "swiping" them away. I have a button on one of my home screens that kills everything. That being said, it doesn't run much slower when they are open. I've never gotten a "too many cards" message. I like the "Swipe", but I'm still going to have to give the advantage to Droid.

#4. There are a TON of widgets available so you can customize your home screen(s). It is a lot easier to customize the Droid than the Pixi. Droid wins.

#5. Adjusting settings. The Droid still confuses me sometimes. I'd had to look for a while to figure out how to make the keyboard stop making the "typing" sound everytime I typed. It took a few minutes. I looked everywere. Why? The Pixi was a lot more intuitive on settings. Advantage pixi.

#6. Notification bar. You know, the one where if you leave your phone on the charger for 20 minutes and you come back and you have a missed call icon, an email icon, a text icon, etc. Yeah, that. This one is a tie. The Pixi notification bar is MUCH better. That being said, if you have a few notifications, it could take you 30 seconds to get through them all. The Droid notification window has to be "opened" to access them. You can go to each quickly, but then you have to reopen it to access the next one. I'm going to call this a Tie. The Pixi is easier to navigate, but the lag of the phone makes the overall time it takes to do those 3 things longer. The Droid instantly opens whatever you click, but then you have to "open" the notifications bar again to get to the next one. No Advantage.

#7. Carrying the phone. At first, it was HEAVY. That being said, I was going from the lightest phone I'd ever had to the heaviest phone I've ever had. And it's soo much bigger. I find myself getting the Droid caught on stuff (I wear a belt holster) occasionally. It doesn't bother me, but if I had to pick, I'd go with the size/weight/form factor of the Pixi over the Droid. Advantage Pixi

#8. Battery life. Holy Crap. I talk a lot. Like, back before the $99.99 unlimited plan, I had 2500 daytime minutes, with 7pm nites/weekends and sprint to sprint. And I'd still go over. I talk a lot. Usually, Monday and Friday (the 2 days I get the most calls), I'd be plugging in my Pre/Pixi by 3pm. I had the busiest day of my life last week. Phone rang, literally, all day, about every 5 minutes. At 7pm, I was at 40% battery. The Droid battery is AMAZING. It lasts forever. You will not kill it. I guess the downside to that is the size/weight. But still. Holy crap. The droid lasts forever. I don't think you could kill the battery in a day. Big advantage - Droid.

I think I've covered everything. There are good apps in the app store for both. There seem to be A TON of forthcoming Android devices. I've replaced my precentral favorites icon with and androidcentral icon. Every day almost, there is info on a new device. There is a TON of developer support. I have multiple barcode scanning apps. And there are a buttload of manufacturers making Android devices. There is one making webOS devices. I will say that some of the apps I've downloaded haven't worked on the Droid, and that it's known that they don't work. And I can see that becoming a problem as more and more phones are released, but people are writing software for individual devices (think about if you went to download an app for your HP, and then realized it would only work on a Dell - it would get old QUICKLY). I guess I can give an app store advantage to Palm, because you can rest assured that if it's in their store, it's going to work. If it's in the Android Market, eh, it may work. However, there are probably 10 apps that do the same thing in the Android Market. Vs MAYBE 1 in the Palm store. I don't know the numbers, but I'd guess that there are 10+x as many apps in the Android Market than the Palm.

Questions?

D.C.
    1.4 was supposed to have improvements to yahoo mail. Did you do the update and how are things working? If it helps, Yahoo is a pain in the *ss on Android too. So feel comforted that it's not all webOS's fault. Yahoo takes a lot of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by xosweetcindyxo View Post
    Ok...so I know there are tons of posts about this issue all over the internet about this but my issue is a little different...

so i got the phone launch day and email setup was fine...i was having problems with it so i exchanged it two days ago...now im getting the "invalid security token" error...

I have read all the posts about this issue and tried everything everyone said:
    - put e-mail through manually
    - go into yahoo settings and deactivate the removable links (i removed them all and there was no iphone check box like others suggested doing)
    - making sure my email worked on computer
    - changed password to email
    - do a battery pull

Throughout all this i reset my phone for each of these steps (sometimes multiple times). I really need help and nothing's working.

Pretty please help me!!! =(
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    the touchstone cover is $20 at best buy.

You also have choices on ebay as well.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    blame Sprint.

why is this a complaint? the screen didnt just break. something made it break and you had insurance and when you signed up for insurance you agreed to the terms of said insurance.

valid.

gross overexaggeration.

no you didnt. maybe 4 seconds tops on the calendar and the phone is easily half that.

no they arent, Adobe is.

no it doesnt.

said for dramatic effect.

the updates did what they claimed they would do.

the Pixi is slower for sure, but you can stop with the drama.

you should have checked out this site a bit more.

you lost everything since last June, yet somehow, someway, you were able to successfully transfer everything from the Pre to your two new Pixi's without a hitch. ok.

more dramatic effect.

i hope you register on Android forums with the same name so that i can look for you complaining on there. if you think that Android is some sort of nirvana type experience, youre in for a rude awakening.
    amen my friend. every one that complains these weird times and loading etc. just thinks that the grass is greener everywhere else. the phone has some legit issues, but all this stuff that he says, sounds more and more like a person that just thinks that android is waay better. I have harsh and sad news. the concept of droid is great, and the devices look great, but they fall on their face right away when you use them. i was one of them, got the htc hero, got rid of it went right back to palm, never looked back
    A couple days ago, I tried to update all my apps. I don't know what happened, but now I can't update or download any apps I have or any new ones. The one thing that seems to be a problem is a 'ghost app' when I try to update apps. It doesn't have a name, and I've tried the pause button on the side, and the pause all downloads from the menu. Also, when I click on it, it just says that the action cannot be completed.
    Any suggestions?
    My Pixi randomly started freezing and turning off and had some LEDs go out behind the keyboard. I got it replaced, and my new one has a problem with the ringer switch now. It also randomly turned off on two occasions so far (in one day).
    Quote Originally Posted by DavemanUT View Post
    Well, I said I'd do it, so here I am.

3 weeks in with the Droid.

Thanks for posting this thoughtful and even-handed comparison. Much appreciated!
    I"m having a problem with the ear speaker when someone calls me and i press the green button to answer the call i cant here crap out of it but when i press the button for the speaker in the lower left corner it comes out of the back speakers and when i try to close a card i cant here the whoosh sound also... I"m on the pixi can anybody help me out, all the volume keys are up...
    i personally prefer the pre
    ok. Thanks for sharing...
    Quote Originally Posted by katelynrox3 View Post
    i personally prefer the pre
    Last month (March 2010) I upgraded to a Palm Pixi. After having it for two weeks, the phone -- quite literally -- died. It wouldn't load any applications, and would just sit on a green screen after loading. Sprint replaced my phone no problems since I had had it less than 30 days. The replacement phone after approximately a week began to randomly restart itself. I read on the forums this is sometimes a battery issue, or not a full restart. While sometimes it seems to take only a miniscule amount of time to restart, other times it will take a couple of minutes like in a full restart. I called customer care, and the technician felt terrible (I had taken it in, had a hard reset done, new battery put in, AND web os doctor run on it -- problem wasn't fixed), and called a Sprint store so that they wouldn't have to overnight it. I'll be on my 2nd replacement!

I'm wondering how common this problem is, if anyone knows if it's a problem with the 1.4 update (mine is currently running 1.4.1.1), or if I just got a ridiculous phone! I love the Pixi, I love the Palm OS, but this is such a hassle. I'm hoping this next replacement will fix the issues. At least Sprint has done very well dealing with the situation and rectifying it, I just hope in the future these issues won't happen with the OS so I won't have to worry about my next phone....

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    The only complaint I have is the battery life really... I guess I just need to look into a replacement battery...
    There are bugs to work out.

cute face
    -- potato

][
    Quote Originally Posted by palmforlife81 View Post
    amen my friend. every one that complains these weird times and loading etc. just thinks that the grass is greener everywhere else. the phone has some legit issues, but all this stuff that he says, sounds more and more like a person that just thinks that android is waay better. I have harsh and sad news. the concept of droid is great, and the devices look great, but they fall on their face right away when you use them. i was one of them, got the htc hero, got rid of it went right back to palm, never looked back
    I don't think you can say that so easily. The Value of webos vs Android is very subjective. I too had a Hero and switched to Palm and have regretted it since (I've used both Pre and Pixi). I had the Hero rooted with custom software on it and it ran very smooth and stable. I can't get flamed here for having to mod it to make it work like I want, because we have to do the same thing with webos (patches, homebrew, OC kernels).

webos seems good, I loath the fact that I can't go back to android for 1.5 years (and I'm not over exaggerating).
    if you loath it so much then why don't you just buy another android phone? offset that cost by selling the pixi on ebay or something. or you can offer like $50-$100 bucks to someone on your family plan to use their upgrade (if applicable). another option is to find someone to trade with on this forum or in an android forum.

the point is, i don't believe that you have no option but to loath your phone for 1.5 years. there is always a way, not always cost-free, but there is always a way. no one should hate their daily communication device that much, so go do whatever will make you happy. however, if you chose to sit around and not do something proactive, then loath yourself rather than the device because thats where the fault lies.
    hey guys, just wondering does the virtual keyboard patch work on the palm pixi plus by verizon?
    no clue, but what would be the point? The screen is so small, the keyboard would be so tiny it'd be impossible to type with any sort of speed or accuracy.
    I'm really scratching my head why this thread is a sticky. Also, the content seems only loosely connected to the thread title. JMO.

~~~
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast