Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Heyo, all of the apps for the Pre that have light light features don't work on the Pixi.

Anyone have any apps that use the LED for a flash light on the Pixi?

Thanks
    Right not there is no flashlight app for the Pixi that uses the LED. I have sent an email to the gentleman at "cannuck" ketting him know I would work with him any way I can because the Pixi is a little different on the inside. The OS is the same as the Pre, but the other parts are all different on the inside (file system and setup, etc).

Soon, we should have some campatability. Most our developers own Pre. For the time being, we have to work with them to assist their work until the Pixi gains more popularity. (this is in no way shape or form a kcock on anyone, or anything. I have nothing but love for the developers and the two palm webOS phones)

Myke
    That explains why the ones I downloaded weren't working. But again, Preware (hense the name) is written with the majority for the Pre anyways..
    A flashlight app would be nice, especially since i work on the overnight shift.
    The file structure is totally different and the control for the LED has still not been found.

Once it is, the app will be developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    The file structure is totally different and the control for the LED has still not been found.

Thanks for explaining the obvious steps..

That is correct. I have been playing around with "Internalz" trying to isolate what is what in the file system (DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX IT WHEN YOU BREAK IT!!!!!! It is too difficult to fix this VIA forum Q&A.) with little luck. I wish I was able to get THIS deep in the Pixi from the laptop.

I am still waiting to hear back from Jason Robitaille to see if I can be of some help to him. (I know he can be of help to me!! lol)

Myke
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Thanks for explaining the obvious steps..
    Take your negativity elsewhere.

I have worked with the developers and that is why it hasn't been finished.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I would like to see this happen
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    +1
    +2
    I used a flashlight app all the time on my Sprint Mogul in times I didnt think I would even need to use one. Comes in handy definitely. With the ease of use of webOS it would be a lot more convenient to use a flashlight on a Pixi.
    I don't have a Pixi so this is a theory question. If you use winscp and setup the pixi with a sftp/ssh server you should be able to get inside the file system. I use winscp all the time to look at my files. I can access via wifi or evdo. Just a suggestion.
    I too was curious as to why this app didn't work. Thanks for the heads up, and looking forward to a fix someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't have a Pixi so this is a theory question. If you use winscp and setup the pixi with a sftp/ssh server you should be able to get inside the file system. I use winscp all the time to look at my files. I can access via wifi or evdo. Just a suggestion.
    I went through the files with one of the developers and we could not find the control.

Waiting on Jason as well to see if he has any ideas.
    man, I really hope someone figures this out!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Me too! I would really like it
    I'm patiently waiting for the pixi version

What that guy said

If anyone does discover the format for controlling the Pixi's LED, please tell me and I'll add it to SysToolsMgr immediately (which will allow the Pixi to use LED Torch app and all my flashlight patches )
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    PrePixiLove likes this.
    Indeed it would be cool to get the Pixi's flash LED working with Jason's service!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast