webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Pixi flash light app?
Pixi flash light app?
Like Tree3Likes

Old 03/21/2010, 01:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

I'd like to see this app as well.
Zexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2010, 11:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

yup, no wonder none of the flashlight apps didn't work for me... the LED is so much brighter! please release an update!
supertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2010, 11:59 PM   #23 (permalink)

So is there a pixi app yet?
Mattfox27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2010, 01:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

im looking forward to this app =D i would also like to see the awesome overclocking patch on the pixi if it can do 720 or 800 mhz. idk, im a n00b aha
crissd00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2010, 05:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

I also hope this app or patch comes out. I have my Pre working flawlessly, but my wife's Pixi's LED light doesn't work unless is used for pictures.
telomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 11:01 AM   #26 (permalink)

An LED light would rock. Don't get your hopes up for an overclock patch for the Pixi. The processor is not the same as the Pre and is less likely to take an OC.
Tree Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2010, 02:47 AM   #27 (permalink)

This would be great, especially for shooting video with the pixi as well. LED only works for the camera. It's crazy bright for such a small LED. Once this gets patched my pixi is complete. Can't wait!
jlocke1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/05/2010, 09:22 AM   #28 (permalink)

Any app for the pixi LED light yet?
quimbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010, 09:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

lol, bump.... I just discovered why these apps do not work on my pixi... I'll try to keep this towards the top to keep interest.
voodootrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2010, 10:34 AM   #30 (permalink)

So it's just a matter of finding the code in a directory, then write an app? There is no missing or locked api that we have to wait on palm to release?
WDC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2010, 01:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDC44 View Post
So it's just a matter of finding the code in a directory, then write an app? There is no missing or locked api that we have to wait on palm to release?
There is no api. Services like SysToolsMgr create javascript API for webOS apps/patches. What's needed, is to figure how the LED lights are controllable on a basic, commandline sense. On the Pre, you just need to writ a few values to a few system files and the light comes on. Unfortunately, the Pixi uses a different LED system for its flash.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by jewels4167, WDC44
Old 05/16/2010, 11:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

Id love to help out but Im just now learning basics for webOS. I doubt ill be able to do anything fancy in the near future. Thank you for your contributions Jason.
WDC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jewels4167 likes this.
Old 05/18/2010, 01:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

Good to know....was wondering why that app wasn't working...patiently waiting for this one for sure!
CADjocckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2012, 06:14 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADjockey View Post
Good to know....was wondering why that app wasn't working...patiently waiting for this one for sure!
Well .... here it is 2 years later. Has anyone found a flashlight app that uses the Pixi LED yet? If so, please post it.
zorro11p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2012, 03:23 PM   #35 (permalink)

i know you may toggle the led in bootie but when the os starts up unless you have a command line of some sort maybe there is a way to enable it
Gage Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 11:06 AM   #36 (permalink)

well, this explains a lot, as to why i havn't been able to find a working one.
is their any way to do a dump of the device into a linux terminal while using the camera?
that might help isolate the script it uses for the flash.
mgohlke1351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 09:32 PM   #37 (permalink)

Well, I have one quick suggesstion. Why don't you rip the rom of pixi and get the camera.ipk and then, decompile it. If the HP has made the flashlight useable via camera, then definitely, there will be a link to the flashlight file on the pixi. I know this might sound vague but its a nice thing to try to get to the flashlight file faster and in the code, you can try searching for the names like "flash" or "led" or so.
Rahil Dalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 09:14 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahil Dalal View Post
Well, I have one quick suggesstion. Why don't you rip the rom of pixi and get the camera.ipk and then, decompile it. If the HP has made the flashlight useable via camera, then definitely, there will be a link to the flashlight file on the pixi. I know this might sound vague but its a nice thing to try to get to the flashlight file faster and in the code, you can try searching for the names like "flash" or "led" or so.
I'd really like this
HondaPixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 12:27 AM   #39 (permalink)

I think I downloaded like 25 flahlight apps before I realized nobody has figured it out yet. To use a white screen as a flashlight while there's a perfectly good LED on the opposite side is such a disgrace.
babynugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 01:06 AM   #40 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Are you guys looking for the regular Pixi, Pixi Plus or both? I might have a quick dig around the camera app code to see what will trigger the LED but need to know which Doctor to download. I only have 3G speeds available here at the moment, so wouldn't want to waste too much time and bandwidth
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0